3 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Bruce has already said he needs to see players in an actual match. So who hasn't he seen as yet

3 new lads

Dave

Winnall (not ready yet)

Matias

Abdi (???????) No future with the owls

Jones (??????) no future with the owls

Hooper ( on the way back)

Lee ( may get the odd game at the end of April if he stays fit)

Van Aken  

Pudil

and the young ones

so are there any you would play in the next few games ?

for me the three new lads, Winnall and Hooper may get some game time

The others will be out of the door soon

I reckon Bruce had the chance to sign Winnall if he fancied him as he was already getting hourahane,its not feesable to think he didnt know winnall was available for a knock down fee at the same time

8 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Winnall deserves a chance to try fill that place 

Too right he does. All our forwards are dog shiiite , it’s physically impossible to be any worse , and for that reason , he should get his chance . 

No no idea why we signed three players to persevere with the same dross that was already here 

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Aye to experiment and try new things.

And he rightly got slated for it.

Keep it the same and simple.  

Jos went over board mate who changes the full back 4 

11 hours ago, Rogers said:

I think he’ll be in the Drenthe, Esajas, mould. 

Shows glimpses, but essentially offers nothing and that’s why Newcastle don’t want him.  

Hope I’m wrong.  

Just because he’s out on loan doesn’t mean they don’t want him, he’s highly rated there. But struggled with injuries and isn’t ready for their first team

I always assume with a new player like him, he isn’t in the squad because either his fitness means he can’t track back enough meaning we’re vulnerable at the back (plus the fans would quickly get on his back in this situation). 

Or that he doesn’t understand our system quite well enough.

In either situation, if he doesn’t play well, his confidence will be down and so it just makes sense to gradually get him playing.

I think my post is essentially saying that I’m sure Bruce has his reasons.

18 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well he was experimenting. Trying different things ti see what worked.

He just kept doing it this season too, when he should have kept the same side. Which is what Bruce should do.

No he didn't do it in the first season, far from it. He mainly played a 532 which naturally evolved to a 352 when he got some players back fit and confidence was higher. There were a couple of exceptions, Millwall away, QPR away and possibly a 343 against Norwich but by and large Jos kept to the same players and system.

This season he went completely the opposite way in changing players and systems seemingly depending on which way the wind was blowing. This is what I can't get my head around, why would he go from rational thinking to seemingly utter stupidity in just a few months? Maybe the pressure / chairman / embargo / losing eight players pre season got to him but remember when he came here things were arguably just as bad...we were 15th in the League and on the slide, in another injury crisis (no Lees, Lee, Bannan, FF, Hooper, Fletcher, Westwood and Hutch) and had the then unfancied pair of Joao and Nuhiu and the woefully out of form Rhodes to try and score the goals to keep us out of an relegation battle. 

22 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Jos did that last year and got slated for it

I think you’re misremembering to be fair pal, most were sympathetic to the struggles Jos faced in the beginning. The time for experimentation was this time last season, which Jos did & stumbled upon a half decent team and system. The problem came when he spent the entire first half of this season seemingly without the first flipping clue what his strongest side was and how to deploy them.

Is it just me?

I thought Boyd did well especially in the first half.  If our forwards and midfield had made some runs into the box we could have been a couple up in 15 minutes. Good runs down the left, got to the by line looked up and no one was there.

But usually he's pants so maybe just a flash in the pan.

8 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Is it just me?

I thought Boyd did well especially in the first half.  If our forwards and midfield had made some runs into the box we could have been a couple up in 15 minutes. Good runs down the left, got to the by line looked up and no one was there.

Wasn't there yesteady but seen him most other weeks and can't get my head around how poor he his and out of his depth he looks.  What's happened to him? We're not playing him out of position but looks as though he's never played before. Just jogs round the pitch all game looking lost.

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Is it just me?

I think its just you - as I think he was crap again yesterday.  At least we can admire his honesty as he has not suddenly become a world beater now that his contract is running out - he really is that rubbish now.