Are we putting the miles in..

1 hour ago, NYowl said:

Are there any stats available that show the mileage that players are putting in for each game ?

To me it looks like quite a few of our players are not covering as much ground as the opposition as we appear to be outnumbered right across the whole pitch.

Yes and that's the problem midfield lacks energy. The stats which show speed sprints are also dreadful for us in we have few who have any pace. Some seem to chug around but do so at very slow pace and appear incapable of keeping it going for 90 minutes. I am sure SB will try to address this problem in summer if we are allowed to bring in players.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Yes and that's the problem midfield lacks energy. The stats which show speed sprints are also dreadful for us in we have few who have any pace. Some seem to chug around but do so at very slow pace and appear incapable of keeping it going for 90 minutes. I am sure SB will try to address this problem in summer if we are allowed to bring in players.

well if we don't bring any players in will be same again as this season

3 hours ago, NYowl said:

Are there any stats available that show the mileage that players are putting in for each game ?

To me it looks like quite a few of our players are not covering as much ground as the opposition as we appear to be outnumbered right across the whole pitch.

Totally agree hate to say it but watch Blades  and Leeds and they seem to cover far more ground and have higher energy levels, 

Bruce has improved the defensive shape , and the lack of goals suggests we are lacking  composure in front of goal but for me it’s much more due to the lack of energy in midfield, we don’t have runners going beyond the defence and turning teams round. We don’t get enough support around the front options to pressurise teams. Obviously missing somebody like Kirean Lee. Doesn’t always show at home but  really obvious away from home when combined with a total Lack of pace. Millwall being  a great example. The loan signings show Bruce knows what’s needed. But Reach , Boyd , Bannan  or any other combination in midfield will never get us up. 

Happy with Bruce so far. Needs time and a good player  turnover if we are to make play offs next time, after that it will need either good young uns  or inspired loan signings. 

After DC and Carlos with the false dawn think we could get there and be far more positive this time next year.