Out of Contracts

Dawson

Iorfa       Lees    Thornily     Penney

Preston Peluspessy Bannan Aarons

Bokurov   Winall 

Release all with contacts up, sell Nando Reach and Joao. Get Aaron's on season loan avoid relegation and then go for it season after when Bruce can spend money again. 

It's a masterplan of a strategy. Thank me in 2yrs Mr. C.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SwintOwl said:

Dawson

Bokurov   Winall 

Release all with contacts up, sell Nando Reach and Joao. Get Aaron's on season loan avoid relegation and then go for it season after when Bruce can spend money again. 

Image result for CONFUSED computer GIF

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SwintOwl said:

Dawson

Bokurov   Winall 

Nice one Jos

3 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

OK Kieran, you've not played for 18 months and keep getting close and breaking down. 

We'd love to continue to help with your rehabilitation. So either we release you and you'd probably have to go it alone until you get fit. 

Or, stay here, use our facilities. We'll give you a year contract play as you pay. If you make 10 consecutive appearances your contract reverts to the terms you had previously in terms of basic and bonuses. 

Not that difficult to grasp is it lads? 

Apart from the fact if Lee doesn't get fit  and play games then he don't feed his family for a year.

No top professional would ever take a no basic wage contract. 

To much risk involved.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Apart from the fact if Lee doesn't get fit  and play games then he don't feed his family for a year.

To much risk involved.

But who is going to take him and pay him - to feed his family - anyway? No-one is the answer.

Let's not forget, Lee probably isn't struggling to fedd his family and he might want an avenue to give him the best chance of staying int he game - and that offer gives him that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

To much risk involved.

If he's injured no one will sign him.  This is what a medical is for.

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Dawson

Bokurov   Winall 

That is one terrible line-up!

Guest LittleG
16 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Squad next season should look like this:

Dawson, Wildsmith

Palmer, Lees, Iorfa, Thorniley, Penney, Fox

Reach, Bannan, Hutchinson, Boyd

Forestieri, Joao, Winnall, Fletcher

All the out of contracts can go except Palmer and Boyd. Think Palmer is a useful squad player and actually not that bad. Boyd I’m not sure about but think Bruce will try and keep him on as he knows him and knows what he can bring to the side. With a heavy heart by to Westwood and Lee. Fantastic servants for us, but time to be a bit more ruthless. 

I’d try and offload Van Aken, Pelupessy Rhodes and Nuhiu if anyone will take them. 

That means we need a new right back or centre half depending on where we intend to play Iorfa. New LB, Lazaar may be the answer if he proves his worth. Try and sign Hector permanently. Midfield i’d look to get Onomah on loan again. Not worked for him so far, but Bruce likes him and he’s not getting in that Spurs side. We need another midfielder, a beast who isn’t going to get bullied. A pacy winger, Aarons perhaps if turns out to be good. Then a quick striker who knows where the net is.

Easier said than done with FFP! 

You nearly got it spot on but a new GK wouldn't go amiss.

18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Squad next season should look like this:

Dawson, Wildsmith

Palmer, Lees, Iorfa, Thorniley, Penney, Fox

Reach, Bannan, Hutchinson, Boyd

Forestieri, Joao, Winnall, Fletcher

All the out of contracts can go except Palmer and Boyd. Think Palmer is a useful squad player and actually not that bad. Boyd I’m not sure about but think Bruce will try and keep him on as he knows him and knows what he can bring to the side. With a heavy heart by to Westwood and Lee. Fantastic servants for us, but time to be a bit more ruthless. 

I’d try and offload Van Aken, Pelupessy Rhodes and Nuhiu if anyone will take them. 

That means we need a new right back or centre half depending on where we intend to play Iorfa. New LB, Lazaar may be the answer if he proves his worth. Try and sign Hector permanently. Midfield i’d look to get Onomah on loan again. Not worked for him so far, but Bruce likes him and he’s not getting in that Spurs side. We need another midfielder, a beast who isn’t going to get bullied. A pacy winger, Aarons perhaps if turns out to be good. Then a quick striker who knows where the net is.

Easier said than done with FFP! 

Boyd...... absolutely no thanks

4 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Dawson

Bokurov   Winall 

And there lies the problem with your master plan! That team would go down, absolutely no doubt about that.

22 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

But who is going to take him and pay him - to feed his family - anyway? No-one is the answer.

Let's not forget, Lee probably isn't struggling to fedd his family and he might want an avenue to give him the best chance of staying int he game - and that offer gives him that.

Pay as you play contracts are a thing of the past.

If he’s not fit by the end of the season, someone will take a punt on him. They always do. 

I’d love it if Kieran stayed. He’s given us plenty in a Wednesday shirt and ran himself into the ground for us. I have no doubts if he did stay on he’d continue to give his all for the club like he always has done. 

But sometimes you have to be ruthless in football. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pay as you play contracts are a thing of the past.

If he’s not fit by the end of the season, someone will take a punt on him. They always do. 

I’d love it if Kieran stayed. He’s given us plenty in a Wednesday shirt and ran himself into the ground for us. I have no doubts if he did stay on he’d continue to give his all for the club like he always has done. 

But sometimes you have to be ruthless in football. 

Usually I'd agree, but Lee is a pretty exceptional case - he looks on the verge of retirement. I think he has two options this summer as a player - continue to rehibilatate with us and one last shot at getting back fit, or retiring. I'll be amazed if anyone takes a punt, especially with the P&S issues at this level now.

If he was a household name that Sky have on their news feed every week, then yeah I think someone would take a punt. But Lee is underrated, a relative unknown outside of Sheffield, not played for 2 years, his injury appears to be around wear of his hip/connected, failed come backs that have lasted less than 15 mins, and he'll be on a decent wedge.

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:11, SwintOwl said:

Dawson

Bokurov   Winall 

Great idea I can only see a few flaws in your plan

With Dawson in goal we are conceding 2 goals a game with Westwood we have kept clean sheets in most of the games, Preston is out of contract in the summer so won't be here next season.

Then the end of next season Pelupessy, dawson, Penney and Winnall are all out of contract if we are still under embargo none will be able to be resigned.

We will still also have Jordan Rhodes costing us millions to not play.

On 20/02/2019 at 12:11, SwintOwl said:

Dawson

Bokurov   Winall 

If we had that squad, in two years, we’d be cast adrift at the bottom of League One staring at relegation.