Out of Contracts

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Hooper is on his day probably one of if not the best finisher in this division 

We may be in such a state of affairs - that we don’t have the luxury to find another player like him out there

On reduced terms - he might be worth a look, we’re not going to get anyone of his calibre in an embargo, not a chance

On his day which is never these days

• Like 1

Westwood has been brilliant since his return but is he luxury we can no longer afford? 35 this year and probably one of our highest earners? 

Palmer is the only one I’d definitely try to keep. Good age, good squad player and definitely not a high earner. Also think he’s an underrated player who takes a lot of stick. Once our player of the year and was a key player in the brick wall defence under Stuart Gray. Since being made first choice at RB and not asking him to be a wing back, and also not changing him with Baker every game I think he’s one player whose really stepped up.

Squad next season should look like this:

Dawson, Wildsmith

Palmer, Lees, Iorfa, Thorniley, Penney, Fox

Reach, Bannan, Hutchinson, Boyd

Forestieri, Joao, Winnall, Fletcher

All the out of contracts can go except Palmer and Boyd. Think Palmer is a useful squad player and actually not that bad. Boyd I’m not sure about but think Bruce will try and keep him on as he knows him and knows what he can bring to the side. With a heavy heart by to Westwood and Lee. Fantastic servants for us, but time to be a bit more ruthless. 

I’d try and offload Van Aken, Pelupessy Rhodes and Nuhiu if anyone will take them. 

That means we need a new right back or centre half depending on where we intend to play Iorfa. New LB, Lazaar may be the answer if he proves his worth. Try and sign Hector permanently. Midfield i’d look to get Onomah on loan again. Not worked for him so far, but Bruce likes him and he’s not getting in that Spurs side. We need another midfielder, a beast who isn’t going to get bullied. A pacy winger, Aarons perhaps if turns out to be good. Then a quick striker who knows where the net is.

Easier said than done with FFP! 

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Squad next season should look like this:

Dawson, Wildsmith

Palmer, Lees, Iorfa, Thorniley, Penney, Fox

Reach, Bannan, Hutchinson, Boyd

Forestieri, Joao, Winnall, Fletcher

All the out of contracts can go except Palmer and Boyd. Think Palmer is a useful squad player and actually not that bad. Boyd I’m not sure about but think Bruce will try and keep him on as he knows him and knows what he can bring to the side. With a heavy heart by to Westwood and Lee. Fantastic servants for us, but time to be a bit more ruthless. 

I’d try and offload Van Aken, Pelupessy Rhodes and Nuhiu if anyone will take them. 

That means we need a new right back or centre half depending on where we intend to play Iorfa. New LB, Lazaar may be the answer if he proves his worth. Try and sign Hector permanently. Midfield i’d look to get Onomah on loan again. Not worked for him so far, but Bruce likes him and he’s not getting in that Spurs side. We need another midfielder, a beast who isn’t going to get bullied. A pacy winger, Aarons perhaps if turns out to be good. Then a quick striker who knows where the net is.

Easier said than done with FFP! 

Are  you actually saying you would give Boyd a new contract!!

You can’t possibly go to games 

6 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Are you sure from what I've seen his vision is terrible?

On contracts, keep WW and Palmer, Lee and Hooper pay as u play depending on how they perform / shape up between now and end season. 

Out of interest what reason would you have for extending players that haven’t played in over a year ? Why would 31 year old Grammy hip lee be worth keeping on? 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Out of interest what reason would you have for extending players that haven’t played in over a year ? Why would 31 year old Grammy hip lee be worth keeping on? 

Errr, they're excellent players, if they go elsewhere there is a tangible chance they could regain fitness and do the biz for someone else. 

Pay as you play = no risk. If they play, we pay, if they're unfit we don't. Also if they retire through injury there is probably insurance to be had... 

Keep Westwood but then again we always do well finding a good GK, everyone else can leave if it means we can build a team do it,If for is stopping us then I don't kno just have toq wait and see what happens .

1 things for sure this should be a busy preseason111

13 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Keep Westwood but then again we always do well finding a good GK, everyone else can leave if it means we can build a team do it,If for is stopping us then I don't kno just have toq wait and see what happens .

1 things for sure this should be a busy preseason111

I’d really want Westwood for another season He gives us the stability that the others can’t yet give us. That said, if we do that, we really need to get the other two out playing games, or they won’t be ready to take over. I’d suggest, send Wildsmith out on loan until January, and then bring him back, and send Dawson out. Whichever one remains, also needs to be keeping in the U23 games where possible

29 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Errr, they're excellent players, if they go elsewhere there is a tangible chance they could regain fitness and do the biz for someone else. 

Pay as you play = no risk. If they play, we pay, if they're unfit we don't. Also if they retire through injury there is probably insurance to be had... 

They would still be on a basic wage. it would just be lower then normal with massive appearance fee bonuses in their contracts.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

They would still be on a basic wage. it would just be lower then normal with massive appearance fee bonuses in their contracts.

OK Kieran, you've not played for 18 months and keep getting close and breaking down. 

We'd love to continue to help with your rehabilitation. So either we release you and you'd probably have to go it alone until you get fit. 

Or, stay here, use our facilities. We'll give you a year contract play as you pay. If you make 10 consecutive appearances your contract reverts to the terms you had previously in terms of basic and bonuses. 

Not that difficult to grasp is it lads?