Out of Contracts

I'd offer another year to Westwood. 

As for Hooper and Lee - my head says let them go, but my heart says keep them. All depends whether then they get any game time this season. They do come back fit and prove themselves, then perhaps a short term deal can be agreed that suits all parties and protects the club. 

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

I'd offer another year to Westwood. 

As for Hooper and Lee - my head says let them go, but my heart says keep them. All depends whether then they get any game time this season. They do come back fit and prove themselves, then perhaps a short term deal can be agreed that suits all parties and protects the club. 

I think Lee will retire and Hooper will go to USA or Australia (basically retirement)

3 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Warning for those looking to throw the baby out with the bath water ... 

Last summer, ITFC signed 11 new players and tried to bed them in, during the season 

Yes, this is what I’ve been cautioning against. Half a dozen at the most, and must be targeted

42 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I think the only way that new deals could be offered to Lee & Hooper is if they accepted massively reduced one year deals. If they prove their fitness before the end of the season it could be very interesting this one.

I'd be gutted if Lee goes to another club and they get him right...a long shot..but Hutchinson/ Chelsea?

Arent we projected to go over FFP by about £15m or the like? Not sure where i heard that to be fair, but lets say thats the case and i didnt make it up lol.

Letting those out of contract go will free up say between 3-5m per year at a guess, meaning we are still 10m over. That still means an embargo. If thats the case we aint signing nobody but loans and frees and nobody on wages over 10k per week as per Birmingham.

Realistically, even if we sold Reach and Bannan for 15m between them, we still wouldnt have any money to spend. As thier sales would just brings us back in line with FFP.

Hope its not an embargo but if it is, even with player sales, we may still only be looking at free signings and hopefully having some cash to pay better wages at best. No way can we get ourselves back onside with FFP and then go and blow it out the water again buying players.

Think we might see a few unpopular faces re offered deals if the rules arent changed or if chansiri aint got a cunning plan up his sleeve.

4 hours ago, camffiti said:

Warning for those looking to throw the baby out with the bath water ... 

Last summer, ITFC signed 11 new players and tried to bed them in, during the season 

Correct

Lets not forget we may have an absolute minimal transfer budget, if any at all if we’re under an embargo - if we have players on the books already, it may be cheaper/wiser to keep hold of them then not be able to bring in anyone to replace

So on them terms - if may be worth holding off to see if Hooper can prove his fitness. He’s not completely over the hill - if Billy Sharp and McGoldrick can get 30 odd between them, then he certainly can get some if we can get him playing....big if

On 16/02/2019 at 13:50, Cockers said:

I would like to see Westwood offered a new deal. But I would definitely release the rest. Steve Bruce has a perfect opportunity to transform the whole squad. We start again this summer.

Bruce has used the media to publicly praise Forestieri. I think of all the players with contracts which extend beyond this summer, Forestieri is the one he most admires, calling him one of the best players in the championship. The two years we reached the play offs Forestieri played 30+ games, scoring 15 and 12. I think Steve Bruce likes him and will get the best out of him.

I would be very happy were Wednesday able to sell/move on Winnall, Reach, Atdhe Nuhiu and Van Aken. 

Transform the whole squad? FFP = we cannot spend to enable us to keep under this rule.

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Correct

Lets not forget we may have an absolute minimal transfer budget, if any at all if we’re under an embargo - if we have players on the books already, it may be cheaper/wiser to keep hold of them then not be able to bring in anyone to replace

So on them terms - if may be worth holding off to see if Hooper can prove his fitness. He’s not completely over the hill - if Billy Sharp and McGoldrick can get 30 odd between them, then he certainly can get some if we can get him playing....big if

The reason we are facing embargo’s is because we are stock piling crocks like hooper . I’d be absolutely fuming if we offer him another deal , luckily I think even chansiri isn’t that stupid . 

Sharp and mcgoldrick have got more than 30 between them while hooper (who’s probably on more than them combined) has sat doing nothing . They are 2nd we are 16th . 

In short get rid 

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

The reason we are facing embargo’s is because we are stock piling crocks like hooper . I’d be absolutely fuming if we offer him another deal , luckily I think even chansiri isn’t that stupid . 

Sharp and mcgoldrick have got more than 30 between them while hooper (who’s probably on more than them combined) has sat doing nothing . They are 2nd we are 16th . 

In short get rid 

Hooper is on his day probably one of if not the best finisher in this division 

We may be in such a state of affairs - that we don’t have the luxury to find another player like him out there

On reduced terms - he might be worth a look, we’re not going to get anyone of his calibre in an embargo, not a chance

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

We may be in such a state of affairs - that we don’t have the luxury to find another player like him out there

On reduced terms - he might be worth a look, we’re not going to get anyone of his calibre in an embargo, not a chance

United picked up McGoldrick on a free.

The players are out there, takes a bit of research to find the right ones. Not just splashing money at players who've done it before.

Hooper should not be given another contract. His fitness record at Wednesday has been shocking and is the type of player we need to avoid going forward. 

6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

He's turned in to a luxury we can ill afford.

an unfit crock that will probably take ages to get back to fitness after his injury. Sharp and McGoldrick and others seem to have more resistant bodies to injuries ..

There are players out there that will give us what we need .. just need to be shrewd and look around

I'd be more inclined to give Lee and Hooper pay as you play deals but doubt they'd be interested when teams in US or abroad probably offer 2 year contracts on similar money to what they are on now

Wow 

I've just looked - Hooper has only played 60 games for us? Felt sure he would be nearing the 100 mark. 

So disappointed the way its all turned out for him - I put him higher than anyone in that 2015/16 squad in terms of ability and how crucial he was to the way we played. Lee a very close second - and we've not seen both in so long. 

Gutting.