Out of Contracts

Just now, Colin Dobson said:

J O’C ever the realist and probably right most of the time. I’m a Wednesday romantic and believe if only Lee & Hooper we’re both fit and firing all would be well. I think James would say “dream on”!

Think every owl in the land would wish for that as we miss their quality so much. Sadly time stands still for no man and think their time here is done.

Guest wilyfox

I get the feeling there will be multiple 'out of contract' and 'overhaul' threads each week until the summer. This season really can't end soon enough for us. 

8 hours ago, james o connor said:

Errrr no , I think I’ve said numerous times all season we won’t go down. 

Dont get so upset because somebody dared to question king Westwood . I admit he organises his defence well , but Dawson’s wasn’t the reason we were hemoraging goals . I simply rate the lad (I know it’s mental going against the owlstalk consensus) 

There's certain players who can do no wrong with our fans, had Dawson booted half the balls out of play Westwood does he'd be getting crucified, same with Lees. Makes one mistake and gets slated, Hector does it every week but fans love him. Hutch is a far better player than Pelupessy but that tackle at Chelsea a prime example, gives away a daft penalty and fans sing his bloody name. 

• Like 1

Westwood and Palmer should get new contracts.

Nielsen is a big unit and could be an asset in future. Nowhere near ready yet but I'd be tempted to give him more time, he won't be on big wages and I'd send him out on loan to get more experience. We would probably get a big chunk of his wages paid so effectively he would be almost a free bet.

26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Makes me feel a bit sick knowing we’ve got big Dave for another year and a half 

Take the nuhui debate out of it...he needs to lose a stone and get some hard fitness/conditioning work put in...he doesn't help himself.

The fact that he looked fit and lean last season is galling.

Btw .. this is a single issue point I'm making... not another nuhui free for all.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Take the nuhui debate out of it...he needs to lose a stone and get some hard fitness/conditioning work put in...he doesn't help himself.

The fact that he looked fit and lean last season is galling.

Btw .. this is a single issue point I'm making... not another nuhui free for all.

Huh, what's that you say..? We're gonna make this another Nuhui fred? 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

No. I keep out of the debate on that one...too polorised.

He doesn't look fit to me.

I'm sure he'll trim down when it comes to contract renewal time again next year. I'm really hoping we're able to part with before then. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

I'm sure he'll trim down when it comes to contract renewal time again next year. I'm really hoping we're able to part with before then. 

I don't enjoy watching him in the main.

However.. while he's here I'd like to see his physical condition and "sharpness" be the same as it was at the end of last season.

6 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Question - If we say, get rid of nine of the list, will that sort out our FFP problems?  I don’t pretend to understand the complexities of FFP, but getting rid of that amount of wages surely must help. :wacko:

Well the problem we have is because our projected finances for next season see us breaking FFP which is why we got the embargo, which was lifted when we showed the EFL our plans to make savings. 

I would guess some some of those plans would be wage savings - and those being people out of contract. With the 10 in that list you’re probably looking at wages of £5m a season at a guess.