Out of Contracts

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Wouldn’t even keep westwood, past his best and no better than Dawson imo . 

As for hooper , derby or any other club with a brain wouldn’t sign a finished crock , those signings are reserved for stupidly run clubs lie Wednesday 

Westwood no better than Dawson? :blink: If he hadn't been restored as No 1, there was only one we were going but you probably still think we're going down? :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Westwood no better than Dawson? :blink: If he hadn't been restored as No 1, there was only one we were going but you probably still think we're going down? :rolleyes:

Errrr no , I think I’ve said numerous times all season we won’t go down. 

Dont get so upset because somebody dared to question king Westwood . I admit he organises his defence well , but Dawson’s wasn’t the reason we were hemoraging goals . I simply rate the lad (I know it’s mental going against the owlstalk consensus) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dont get so upset because somebody dared to question king Westwood . I admit he organises his defence well , but Dawson’s wasn’t the reason we were hemoraging goals . I simply rate the lad (I know it’s mental going against the owlstalk consensus) 

Upset me? No but I think you’ve just contradicted yourself saying Dawson wasn’t the reason we were hemoraging goals when you also admit Westwood organises his defence well. In a nutshell there was the reason, Dawson didn’t organise his defence well and subsequently gave them no confidence whatsoever particularly when he flapped at crosses. He may be a decent shot stopper but he’ll never be in Westwood’s class IMO of course :biggrin:

14 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Palmer

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Lee

Hooper

Westwood

Nielsen

O'Grady

14 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Westwood deserves a new deal,think Palmer will be kept on to rest can go 

I agree to a great extent but I would be tempted to give Lee and Hooper 1 year deals if they get back to fitness before the end of the season because the are both top quality players and could make the difference if they can capture pre-injury form. 

Can’t see Hooper and Lee getting deals if it’s owt to do with Bruce. He said in interview this week with regards to Winnall that an old coach at Man U used to say it took as long to get back to your best as the time you were out in the first place. By that logic he’ll not be expecting Hooper and Lee to be firing on all cylinders for another 18 months then - which is time we can’t afford to wait. 

Think hell try and keep Westwood, possibly Palmer, rest will surely go and I’d agree with that. 

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Upset me? No but I think you’ve just contradicted yourself saying Dawson wasn’t the reason we were hemoraging goals when you also admit Westwood organises his defence well. In a nutshell there was the reason, Dawson didn’t organise his defence well and subsequently gave them no confidence whatsoever particularly when he flapped at crosses. He may be a decent shot stopper but he’ll never be in Westwood’s class IMO of course :biggrin:

Yes opinions , of which some differ . Good lad , glad you are seeing that . Dawson is 30 games into his career , Westwood 500 . Bit harsh really to compare . 

I like dawson and think he will get better , it doesn’t mean I dislike Westwood or any of that rubbish , and if he stayed so be it 

Yes opinions , of which some differ . Good lad , glad you are seeing that . Dawson is 30 games into his career , Westwood 500 . Bit harsh really to compare . 

I like dawson and think he will get better , it doesn’t mean I dislike Westwood or any of that rubbish , and if he stayed so be it 

Fair enough. Whether we're a good side or not the decision to pick Dawson ahead of a fit and available Westwood has well and truly screwed up our season and going forward anytime soon with either Dawson or Wildsmith in goal will probably hold us back from making any sort of serious progression. As harsh as it may sound the last two seasons where the two of them have played half a season each unfortunately tells us this.

17 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Palmer

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Lee

Hooper

Westwood

Nielsen

O'Grady

I'd offer Palmer and Westwood a new deal and release the rest.

Hooper and Lee with a really heavy heart but we'd probably save £50,000 a week in wages so it's a no brainer because they simply do not play.

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

I rate Dawson too. Just think it wouldn't harm to keep Westwood for a year or two. He is still quality and organises the defence better than Dawson at the moment imo - agree also Dawson NOT the reason we were letting goals in for fun earlier

Bruce will want to get rid of as many as he can. We’re probably going to have financial restrictions in place so the more we can ship out, the more room for manoeuvre it’ll give him to bring on the types of players he wants.

It’s a wonderful opportunity for a new manager to shape a team. When you look at the names on that list, plus add Matias, Van Aken, Winnall, Stobbs and Rhodes, and think what they have contributed in the last two years, relative to what they’ve cost us financially in that time, it makes you wince.

If you could move them all on you’d make/save millions and the first team would barely be any worse off. 

Would keep Westwood and Palmer as we may need him. Sell Bannan as for all his running around what does he actually contribute and anything over 6 million would help fund a bit of a rebuild. Would also sell Reach if we were offered 10 million plus. If all the players leave who are out of contract we will need some funds FFP allowing. I would also look to offload Nuhiu and Rhodes . Rhodes should generate around 4 million if someone is willing to take him. Could be a tough year again.