Foul on Forestieri

18 minutes ago, The Captain said:

In fairness, you score a goal in the 10th minutes of added time, I’d say we were the ones who got away with one.

On the tacke, it’s late, cynical and clumsy.  Definite yellow card, which the ref correctly gave.  But it’s never a sending off.

He was clean through with no covering defender.

• Thanks 1

Guest Hirst1867
19 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Reckless and dangerous, sending off by letter of the law. The one on Hutchinson was borderline a red too

The one on Hutch was even worse

They should have both been red - as should the elbow that knocked out Thorniley

1 minute ago, The Captain said:

You don’t think it was late, cynical and clumsy then?

I've played football and watched

2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

You don’t think it was late, cynical and clumsy then?

It was late, cynical and high. Nando was clear and the guy was never getting to the ball. The defender covers lots of ground to get to the tackle, giving him plenty of time to judge whether he will get there and how he's going to tackle. 

He leads with his right foot with his back to Nando which means he must raise his foot. Look where he contacts Nando, on the leg. I was at the game and thought it a red. They booted Nando off the park. Lots of fouls on him, maybe double figures, which suggests they singled him out. Also, lots of late challenges in the game and their players leaving a foot in. 

You're miles off the mark pal, he could have easily broken his leg or ankle. Not clumsy for me but reckless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Captain said:

In fairness, you score a goal in the 10th minutes of added time, I’d say we were the ones who got away with one.

On the tacke, it’s late, cynical and clumsy.  Definite yellow card, which the ref correctly gave.  But it’s never a sending off.

That's a potential career ending tackle. 

Guest LittleG
25 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Tell me you're joking; that was cynical.

24 minutes ago, The Captain said:

He's gone in late with studs showing with full intent of getting the man not the ball, it's a red card all dsy long.

9 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Brian Laws and Ronnie Moore both called him lucky to stay on after that,Red card everyday of the week.

He was lucky to stay on.  Where have I stated differently?

7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He was clean through with no covering defender.

I know.  But FF was a long way from goal.  Looks like the Rotherham player went cynically to take one for the team by making sure FF didn’t get into a goal scoring scoring position.

Oh well.  Clearly I’m in the minority but I wasn’t expecting a red for that.  Neg away everyone lol 

Just now, The Captain said:

I know.  But FF was a long way from goal.  Looks like the Rotherham player went cynically to take one for the team by making sure FF didn’t get into a goal scoring scoring position.

Oh well.  Clearly I’m in the minority but I wasn’t expecting a red for that.  Neg away everyone lol 

Erm..............................".On the tacke, it’s late, cynical and clumsy.  Definite yellow card, which the ref correctly gave.  But it’s never a sending off."

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Ok, I'll neg you again just for talking absolute Shiite.

33 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Reckless and dangerous lunge miles away from the ball. It was pretty high too.

Modern day football it’s a red every day, week, and month.

Ok since everyone has ripped the p*ss out of me for having an opinion, I’ve just re-watched the clip another 10 times or so.

I can’t really tell from the clip whether the Rotherham player’s left leg is on the pitch when he slides in and I also don’t think that the studs connect with FF’s leg.  It looks like no studs connected thankfully because otherwise it could have been a nasty one.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Ok since everyone has ripped the p*ss out of me for having an opinion, I’ve just re-watched the clip another 10 times or so.

I can’t really tell from the clip whether the Rotherham player’s left leg is on the pitch when he slides in and I also don’t think that the studs connect with FF’s leg.  It looks like no studs connected thankfully because otherwise it could have been a nasty one.

If you’ve only seen the blurred video I can understand why you might not see it like others. 

It’s like JFK looking like he fainted. You don’t seen his brains on the back seat.