Expectation is the enemy of happiness

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

We have spent a lot on players that aren't as good as people thought they were. 

Esp the midfield. 

Boyd Bannan Hutch Reach. 

Only one of them would be in my team next season and that is Sam. 

^^^^^^^^

Contender for best post of 2019

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they nicked one of the auto spits.  I think it's a race that will go right to the wire. 

the momentum they have is quite extraordinary and i cant see them faultering, wilder has even got madine playing well, jealousy is burning within, i am expecting the worst.

Edited by debram
spelling

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they nicked one of the auto spits.  I think it's a race that will go right to the wire. 

Sshhhhh haha, no you may well be right.. I just don't see the squad depth there but at this stage of the season I guess you could say that hasn't and won't count for much especially with the whole team ethos they have going which is undeniable 

10 minutes ago, debram said:

the momentum they have is quite extraordinary and i cant see them faultering, wilder has even got madine playing well, jealousy is burning within, i am expecting the worst.

8 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Sshhhhh haha, no you may well be right.. I just don't see the squad depth there but at this stage of the season I guess you could say that hasn't and won't count for much especially with the whole team ethos they have going which is undeniable 

They're a team who ste greater than the sum of their parts.

They've got a system which all the players know. 

Players are signed if they look like fitting in that system (regardless of their name or reputation. (Madine being a case in point)

We've played about 6 systems the last 3 years and not one of them suits best the majority of our players who've been signed will nilly with no cohesive thinking in terms of on field strategy. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

They're a team who ste greater than the sum of their parts.

They've got a system which all the players know. 

Players are signed if they look like fitting in that system (regardless of their name or reputation. (Madine being a case in point)

We've played about 6 systems the last 3 years and not one of them suits best the majority of our players who've been signed will nilly with no cohesive thinking in terms of on field strategy. 

so in a nutshell were a shambles at press.

15 hours ago, Morepork said:

Hang on a minute!!! I have no expectation and I'm still  unhappy......

Exactly Porkers!

So why would anyone opt for totally unrealistic expectations and magnify the horror you and I feel by 10.

I liken the post match meltdowns on here to people playing the lottery.

"Did we get any numbers this week love?...No?...Oh well. Bugger. Would have been wouldn't it. Oh well.  That's the game"

"I haven't  won the f*cking lottery...again! Every poopydoo week I pay me money It should be mine. It's a facking disgrace. I'm never buying ticket again. And I'll still mump and not winning the lottery. That tramp down the road won £10k on a bloody scratch card , it's just not reyt"

• Haha 1