Not good enough

14 hours ago, Ronio said:

I hope your leg is better than it was last month.  

Just starting to walk again and I can do stairs in my boot and some help so I’m hoping to go to Brentford at home next week. If not then definitely the Derby. 

Missed almost a whole season.

I think I’ve caught the Sheffield Wednesday injury curse. I blame Carvalhal....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Just starting to walk again and I can do stairs in my boot and some help so I’m hoping to go to Brentford at home next week. If not then definitely the Derby. 

Missed almost a whole season.

I think I’ve caught the Sheffield Wednesday injury curse. I blame Carvalhal....

Good to hear  that you have started to walk again.

When I did my achilles in, it felt weird trying to learn to walk again, but when I did start walking, what a great feeling.  

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Good to hear  that you have started to walk again.

When I did my achilles in, it felt weird trying to learn to walk again, but when I did start walking, what a great feeling.  

It’s been horrific. But I reached a point this week where I thought fizz it I’m walking. First unaided steps in three months. It’s a slow process.

Wish I had an exciting back story to the injury but in reality I took one step forward and my whole leg crumbled. Tibia snapped and the pressure led to my fibula going too and falling to the floor in the fashion I did lead to my knee dislocation. It was the day after we played United away.

Been impossible up to now to even think about going to football but I think I’m ready. I’d be going on Saturday but I’m working and can’t get the day off.

3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

It’s been horrific. But I reached a point this week where I thought fizz it I’m walking. First unaided steps in three months. It’s a slow process.

Wish I had an exciting back story to the injury but in reality I took one step forward and my whole leg crumbled. Tibia snapped and the pressure led to my fibula going too and falling to the floor in the fashion I did lead to my knee dislocation. It was the day after we played United away.

Been impossible up to now to even think about going to football but I think I’m ready. I’d be going on Saturday but I’m working and can’t get the day off.

I'm sure it was.  

Have you got a physiotherapist by any chance? It would certainly speed up your recovery.  When I did my leg in, I had a physio for 30 mins a week,  I was lucky that the practice was on the same street as I lived.  The physio was a huge help.

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

I'm sure it was.  

Have you got a physiotherapist by any chance? It would certainly speed up your recovery.  When I did my leg in, I had a physio for 30 mins a week,  I was lucky that the practice was on the same street as I lived.  The physio was a huge help.

Not yet but it’s something I’ll push for at my next review next month. 

At the minute they’re trying to decide if I need surgery cos the bone itself isn’t really healing.

6 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Not yet but it’s something I’ll push for at my next review next month. 

At the minute they’re trying to decide if I need surgery cos the bone itself isn’t really healing.

Hope it all works out for you FlyingOwl.  

Am I the only one that isn't getting excited by our central midfield of Bannan and Hutchinson? We need someone to drive the team forward and this is the area where Bruce needs to build in order to have a team to challenge for promotion. Hutch can't do that due to his injuries and Bannan takes far too long on the ball . Neither contribute enough on the goals scored or assists.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Am I the only one that isn't getting excited by our central midfield of Bannan and Hutchinson? We need someone to drive the team forward and this is the area where Bruce needs to build in order to have a team to challenge for promotion. Hutch can't do that due to his injuries and Bannan takes far too long on the ball . Neither contribute enough on the goals scored or assists.

yes Ronnie - it ain't 2015 anymore.

On 16/02/2019 at 16:07, adelphi1867 said:

3 managers have now tried to sort this mess of a squad into a TEAM and so far have failed.

Maybe we should be looking at the senior players in the squad who have failed miserably for the last 2 and half seasons?.

I hope the Bruce does a hatchet job in the summer.

Too many players went into hiding yesterday when they started kicking us off the park - Joao in particular although FF, Boyd & Reach rarely looked interested.  Add to that our inability to threaten from corners and dead ball situations and its clear why we are having such difficulty scoring.

My concern is that the Blunts will be equally up for it as Rovrum but have better players than them - so if we see a repeat of yesterday from our players then I fear the worst.

On 17/02/2019 at 03:46, Bannofan said:

So, after the massive demands of the fans to have Westwood, Hutchinson and Boyd back in the team...how much better are we? How much better is the attitude? How much more leadership and commitment is there?

Could it be that Jos was on to something when he wanted to ditch the old pro's for the young guns? 

Attitude, togetherness and commitment are everything in this league. If it was about players reputations and price tags then Villa would be walking it. I've not seen a 'team' effort for 2 seasons now. 

:duntmatter:lol  

20 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Only Boyd and Fletcher, of the outfield players involved, were over 30 

There are a lot though pushing 30 - on the wane or no drive or hunger perhaps that a young un offers?

We needed a MASSIVE refresh after Huddersfield defeat in the semi's .. To not sell any of the players was a travesty - the very same players that are now stagnating with us and some that offer absolutely zero.

We are still lacking players with pace, a midfield monster and a defensive leader - all of this was prevalent after the Hull final but yet to be rectified (pace maybe with the 2 newcastle boys)

But its a damning indictment of how we are currently as a club ...

cheers :Chansiri::manager:

13 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

There are a lot though pushing 30 - on the wane or no drive or hunger perhaps that a young un offers?

We needed a MASSIVE refresh after Huddersfield defeat in the semi's .. To not sell any of the players was a travesty - the very same players that are now stagnating with us and some that offer absolutely zero.

We are still lacking players with pace, a midfield monster and a defensive leader - all of this was prevalent after the Hull final but yet to be rectified (pace maybe with the 2 newcastle boys)

But its a damning indictment of how we are currently as a club ...

cheers :Chansiri::manager:

Agree, yes those positions haven’t been addressed, and there are one or two who remain under contract, who need to be replaced. Therein lies the problem though, will we be able to replace those that leave with better? Although I’m in favour of loans, and think that’s also an area we’ve neglected, getting the right players can be tricky. While I’m delighted with the loan signing Hector, good business that from Jos, I’m less confident in Bruce’s acquisitions of Aarons and Lazaar. Obviously I’ve not seen much of them in a Wednesday shirt, but haven’t been impressed with their Newcastle outings At least they do bring some much needed pace though.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:48, Bouncing Owl said:

You may be right regarding your last point but anyone can go for me. This is a bloated, overpaid squad who are underperforming. It needs a total rebuild - I’m sick of seeing abject and gutless performances. 

Not that there on there own but abject and gutless pretty much describes the weekly performances of Bannan and Reach at the moment. And there meant to be 2 of our key players !!!!!

15 hours ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

Too many players went into hiding yesterday when they started kicking us off the park - Joao in particular although FF, Boyd & Reach rarely looked interested.  Add to that our inability to threaten from corners and dead ball situations and its clear why we are having such difficulty scoring.

My concern is that the Blunts will be equally up for it as Rovrum but have better players than them - so if we see a repeat of yesterday from our players then I fear the worst.

The dead ball situation is worrying, Bannan takes every one and its floated in. We have next to no chance of threatening a goal from these !

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:00, FlyingOwl said:

People say that Fernando is one of the best players in the league ‘on his day’ - and I’m inclined to agree.

But when’s the last time he had ‘his day’. How long do we wait for another day? Granted he’s had injury issues but that just makes it more blantant to me that he’s done here.

I love him. And I wish things were different. But if an offer comes in of £5m+ then I’d be taking it.

I cant agree with this. Yes he has had injury issues and he hasn't had his day for a while but look at what he is playing with. There is no one around him to play with.

He single handedly caused Rotherham problems on Saturday despite our 4 other attacking players (Joao, Boyd, Reach & Bannan) being anonymous and poor and our full backs offering no attacking threat.

During his best period at the club we played attacking football and he would have Hooper/Joao Wallace, Lee, Bannan, Hunt & Pudil all buzzing around him or making runs beyond him. So defenders would drop off him giving him space to turn and play or he could use his skills to find the runners. Now he gets the ball without another man in blue and white within 25 yards of him and a defender up his backside and were expecting him to be "on his day". Not going to happen. Yes the injuries and attitude haven't helped him but if we get the right people and play the right way he can be as effective as he was.

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I agree. Not good enough pal.

Lets look at when we were good so in CC first year, and look at the players now.

We haven't replaced Hunt

We haven't replaced Loovens (Although in Thorniley we have a good prospect)

We haven't replaced Pudil

We haven't replaced Wallace

We haven't replaced Lee

We haven't replaced Bannan out wide

We haven't replaced Hooper

That is the shambles the last 3 years have been, yes I'm including the playoff at Huddersfield year coz we were poor but somehow won games.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

honestly,Bannan looks done to me,if we can get anything for him and Reach snatch their hands off,2 players along with prob another 6 or 7 we need to replace

• Like 1