Not good enough

Bruce has a very good track record at this level. He knows the attributes that a side needs to be successful at this level. This current side/squad has very few of these attributes so you've got to give him time. Anyhow one of his signings that does have the power, pace and physical presence required has got us an unlikely point so have a little faith in the boss eh.? lol

Sorry but I'm not having this "players aren't good enough rubbish." Westwood is Irelands number 1 and hugely experienced. Hector is a Chelsea player and has plenty of experience, Lees is a very experienced defender at this level, Thorniley looks an excellent prospect, Palmer has played enough games at this level, Fox has improved, Bannan is one of the best passers in the league and has international and premier league experience, Reach is again a very good player at this level, Forestieri is one of the best players in this league on his day, Boyd, Fletcher have loads of experience at premier league level, Fletcher also international. The players are better than they are playing atm for some reason I don't know why. Its not like all these players are 36 or something, some should be in their prime. We have been outplayed today by a team containing Mattock and Wood (wood didn't play of course but you get the point), that is the level of player we were up against today and we were second best for most of it, its baffling. I wanted Bruce and I'm sure he'll sort it out but I wish he could instill some passion, urgency and identity to the way we play because atm I'm not sure what the plan is.

Edited by mike312
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mike312 said:

Sorry but I'm not having this "players aren't good enough rubbish." Westwood is Irelands number 1 and hugely experienced. Hector is a Chelsea player and has plenty of experience, Lees is a very experienced defender at this level, Thorniley looks an excellent prospect, Palmer has played enough games at this level, Fox has improved, Bannan is one of the best passers in the league and has international and premier league experience, Reach is again a very good player at this level, Forestieri is one of the best players in this league on his day, Boyd, Fletcher have loads of experience at premier league level, Fletcher also international. The players are better than they are playing atm for some reason I don't know why. Its not like all these players are 36 or something, some should be in their prime. We have been outplayed today by a team containing Mattock and Wood, that is the level of player we were up against today and we were second best for most of it, its baffling. I wanted Bruce and I'm sure he'll sort it out but I wish he could instill some passion, urgency and identity to the way we play because atm I'm not sure what the plan is.

At last, a light bulb moment Clearly we have plenty of decent options, more than enough to be seeing off these bottom dwellers 

2 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Sorry but I'm not having this "players aren't good enough rubbish." Westwood is Irelands number 1 and hugely experienced. Hector is a Chelsea player and has plenty of experience, Lees is a very experienced defender at this level, Thorniley looks an excellent prospect, Palmer has played enough games at this level, Fox has improved, Bannan is one of the best passers in the league and has international and premier league experience, Reach is again a very good player at this level, Forestieri is one of the best players in this league on his day, Boyd, Fletcher have loads of experience at premier league level, Fletcher also international. The players are better than they are playing atm for some reason I don't know why. Its not like all these players are 36 or something, some should be in their prime. We have been outplayed today by a team containing Mattock and Wood, that is the level of player we were up against today and we were second best for most of it, its baffling. I wanted Bruce and I'm sure he'll sort it out but I wish he could instill some passion, urgency and identity to the way we play because atm I'm not sure what the plan is.

The players have been underperforming for 1.5 seasons. Even the previous season we were lucky to come 4th. Acknowledge there has been some injury problems but whoever the manager is, we are still churning out poor performances. Clearout required. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The players have been underperforming for 1.5 seasons. Even the previous season we were lucky to come 4th. Acknowledge there has been some injury problems but whoever the manager is, we are still churning out poor performances. Clearout required. 

So which of the players today are responsible for us continuing to underperform?

37 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Last minute equaliser, struggled to get excited to be honest. At least we haven’t lost.

A thoroughly pathetic performance. Call me miserable or whatever, sorry that I expect a bit more from our players. Expect a lot more in fact. 

The only postitive about today is breaking Rotherham hearts, but that’s only a little positive because largely I don’t give a poo about Rovrum.

Only thing we can hope for this season is we don’t get stuffed by the Pigs and they suffer promotion heartbreak. How sad is that. That’s the best we can hope for, how far we’ve fallen in the space of 2 years. It’s actually quite remarkable. 

This is why we have brought Bruce in Sally !

36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The easiest start imaginable really. The players need to look at themselves and take some responsibility. 1 win and 3 draws against the four we’ve just played is shocking for me.

Normally get a bit of a bounce with a new manager too. 

3 managers have now tried to sort this mess of a squad into a TEAM and so far have failed.

Maybe we should be looking at the senior players in the squad who have failed miserably for the last 2 and half seasons?.

I hope the Bruce does a hatchet job in the summer.

Edited by adelphi1867

7 minutes ago, mike312 said:

It's not that they aren't good enough ability wise. It's more a mentality thing. They seem to play as though it's just a job, they aren't hungry anymore.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Sorry but I'm not having this "players aren't good enough rubbish." Westwood is Irelands number 1 and hugely experienced. Hector is a Chelsea player and has plenty of experience, Lees is a very experienced defender at this level, Thorniley looks an excellent prospect, Palmer has played enough games at this level, Fox has improved, Bannan is one of the best passers in the league and has international and premier league experience, Reach is again a very good player at this level, Forestieri is one of the best players in this league on his day, Boyd, Fletcher have loads of experience at premier league level, Fletcher also international. The players are better than they are playing atm for some reason I don't know why. Its not like all these players are 36 or something, some should be in their prime. We have been outplayed today by a team containing Mattock and Wood (wood didn't play of course but you get the point), that is the level of player we were up against today and we were second best for most of it, its baffling. I wanted Bruce and I'm sure he'll sort it out but I wish he could instill some passion, urgency and identity to the way we play because atm I'm not sure what the plan is.

Westwood isn’t Ireland’s number 1 anymore 

Fletch and Boyd have experience in the PL but that becomes obsolete when your past it 

Reach is an average player at this level, bannan needs better players around him

FF isn’t one of the best players in this league, I wish people would stop saying this

When has he ever proved it?  

• Like 1

Seems this squad just cannot handle teams that are battling for their survival.

We are afraid to match the bottom teams and play in a constructive attacking manner. 

It’s been happening for the last two or three seasons.

The majority of our players are second to every ball in a physical battle.

I fear only wholesale change, especially in midfield will cure this.

Not an easy prospect if under embargo.

I’ve been today only my 5th game this season. I was hoping to at least see the expected new manager bounce but this was more like new manager apathy. They should all be busting a gut to prove themselves worthy of the shirt but too many of them just didn’t seem to give a jot lads.

5 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

All of them.

There are times when I feel the same, but do we really think we can turnaround 30 players? That’s not possible, especially given our financial constraints This is when you look to your manager for a bit of inspiration

Edited by gurujuan

We aren't good enough.

There are no magic tactics when you lack players with the right attitude.

For all reach's,joao's, bannan's and fessi's tekkers they lack believe and heart.

The ones with a bit of heart lack the ability or consistency needed.

The only way Bruce will succeed is by replacing at least 5 or 6 players otherwise we are a hit and miss mid table side. The last few years have proven that.