Not good enough

Last minute equaliser, struggled to get excited to be honest. At least we haven’t lost.

A thoroughly pathetic performance. Call me miserable or whatever, sorry that I expect a bit more from our players. Expect a lot more in fact. 

The only postitive about today is breaking Rotherham hearts, but that’s only a little positive because largely I don’t give a poo about Rovrum.

Only thing we can hope for this season is we don’t get stuffed by the Pigs and they suffer promotion heartbreak. How sad is that. That’s the best we can hope for, how far we’ve fallen in the space of 2 years. It’s actually quite remarkable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Still unbeaten under Bruce though He has had a soft start, and I can’t say I’ve been too impressed with his tactics so far

The easiest start imaginable really. The players need to look at themselves and take some responsibility. 1 win and 3 draws against the four we’ve just played is shocking for me.

Normally get a bit of a bounce with a new manager too. 

• Like 1

We're crap, but not crap enough to go down.  That's enough for this season.  

I have no expectations on a Saturday any more, we get a point or 3 it's a bonus. But after looking like sliding into trouble before Christmas, I'm happy to drift into mid table mediocrity this season.  

Just hope ( and I have no faith that we will ) we make the right decisions in the summer. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The easiest start imaginable really. The players need to look at themselves and take some responsibility. 1 win and 3 draws against the four we’ve just played is shocking for me.

Normally get a bit of a bounce with a new manager too. 

That's it for me, this squad isn't good enough. I wouldn't be sorry to see a single one of them leave in the summer. 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Last minute equaliser, struggled to get excited to be honest. At least we haven’t lost.

A thoroughly pathetic performance. Call me miserable or whatever, sorry that I expect a bit more from our players. Expect a lot more in fact. 

The only postitive about today is breaking Rotherham hearts, but that’s only a little positive because largely I don’t give a poo about Rovrum.

Only thing we can hope for this season is we don’t get stuffed by the Pigs and they suffer promotion heartbreak. How sad is that. That’s the best we can hope for, how far we’ve fallen in the space of 2 years. It’s actually quite remarkable. 

You're miserable or whatever.

If the squad is as bad as some suggest, then perhaps Jos wasn’t doing as bad a job as we thought. Of course I don’t believe that, nor do I think the squad is that bad. With a few returning players, and three of his own additions, the new manager does have the tools to be doing better. We are not going to see the wholesale changes some are demanding, so it’s important that we see a bit of tactical nous

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If the squad is as bad as some suggest, then perhaps Jos wasn’t doing as bad a job as we thought. Of course I don’t believe that, nor do I think the squad is that bad. With a few returning players, and three of his own additions, the new manager does have the tools to be doing better. We are not going to see the wholesale changes some are demanding, so it’s important that we see a bit of tactical nous

If he can't change it round in three weeks he needs to leave

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You may be right regarding your last point but anyone can go for me. This is a bloated, overpaid squad who are underperforming. It needs a total rebuild - I’m sick of seeing abject and gutless performances. 

This squad hasn’t been good enough for the last 18/24 months, and for some that realisation is only just kicking in. 

I for one didn’t expect a massive upturn in form when Bruce came in and that’s down to the inept squad that he has inherited. 

I only hope hope that the fans are patient with Bruce because he has a massive rebuilding job to do, and it’s not going to happen over night, but I am very confident that he will eventually improve the squad and move us in the right direction. 

• Like 1