Big Hec

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Is there a reason no one signs him permanently?

Just a thought, but maybe has something to do with his massive Chelsea wages. He's a quality defender who's had a bad game FFS. Some of  our fans really need to think before posting crap. 

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

Is there a reason no one signs him permanently?

I get what your saying I do.. but when a team like Chelsea sign a player fairly late on ie not a youngster it kind of messes with the value of the player, it makes them more valuable than they actually are. Which puts teams off buying, but make no mistakes hector is still a very very good player with bags of potential

Edited by keepitsteel89

Happy to forgive and forget because he's been a rock for 90% of his time here, but that was the worst individual performance by any player this season. Constantly getting bullied by a league 1 striker, out paced, out strengthed, and his distribution was horrible. Hopefully that isn't a marker of how he's going to play against Madine, because he will play with a very similar style to what Smith did.

WE seem to be blaming Hector after one bad game. There are players who have played with him all season, and been crap or near to it, not least Bannan. Yet we hang all the blame on him.  Typical W'ite behaviour.

Incidentally, I have seen no mention of the fact that we were playing a local side who have just as much pride as we do, are struggling to keep their place in the league, and played extremely well against us. They 'gave it their best shot' and we were fortunate to keep a point It is NOT a hallowed right that we should win every game, and we should be man enough to admit our own failings but also give credit to our opponents.

On 16/02/2019 at 17:48, prowl said:

Michael HectorVerified account @Big_Hec35 24m24 minutes ago

Never easy playing in a local derby I hold my hands up I was no where near good enough today but the team fought well to get a point last minute. Great traveling suppor.t

----------------------------------

The big guy holds his hand up to a poor display. Got to give him credit for that.

Most players wouldn't say that. Fair play.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's got an error in him.

Talented player, but his concentration can be hit and miss. 

Not sure if that's something which can be coached out of him. For the most part, a very good player. 

I agree. In the main he's a very good player and a real improvement in our back line. I've made no secret that I wanted Venancio at the club as he looked excellent to me and was available for 800k. The issue with Hector going forward is that due to the FFP debacle, I doubt we can afford him. He's likely on a decent wedge too.I hope I'm wrong as Hector would be a good addition.

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I agree. In the main he's a very good player and a real improvement in our back line. I've made no secret that I wanted Venancio at the club as he looked excellent to me and was available for 800k. The issue with Hector going forward is that due to the FFP debacle, I doubt we can afford him. He's likely on a decent wedge too.I hope I'm wrong as Hector would be a good addition.

I agree that Hector would be a good addition but Thorniley is coming along nicely. Gutsy player and an old head on young shoulders by the look of things.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:26, WAWAW said:

This is true, but that's why we have subs. What better opportunity at half time for Bruce to get his signing on of Iorfa and tell him show us what you can do. Why bring three signings in and play same stiffs week after week. Does my head in.

Think Iorfa is more of a RB so that's why he wasn't used as a sub at half time. Had Lees made the bench I think things would have been different.

On 16/02/2019 at 08:03, Kameron said:

There’s a reason he’s a journeyman,

Or because he's on loan from Chelsea and most of the Championship sides he's been on can't afford the asking price.

Happens to all their starlets, Abraham, Maceachran, Bamford, etc etc.

But in your words, it's because he's had one poor game in a season of solid, consolidated backline marshalling.  Ok.  Take a seat.