• Joao
    • Forestieri
    • Boyd
    • Aarons
    • Fletcher
    • Iorfa

image.png.3d08981030c58b3cbf4275a29cff3cf7.png

Rotherham   2  -  2   Wednesday

Taylor (37), Towell (74)                             Forestieri  (35) , (90+10            

image.png.ac235b00af89865d6faa91727c4cc57c.png

image.png.d4d0b15cc2245d964bacedb2419a9fd5.png

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 6

Palmer 6

Hector 3

Thorniley 5

Fox 4

Hutchinson 7

Bannan 5

Boyd 4

Reach 4

Forestieri 6

Joao 4

Fletcher 5

Aarons 7

Iora 9

Absolutely awful performance. We were a total shambles. Hector totally lost his head and was all over the place. Thorniley was bullied all game by a League 2 level striker. Hutchinson was the only one with any fight in him. The only positives are Aarons looked very tidy when he came on and Iorfa has made himself a legend already. What an amazing 8 minutes for him!

Over to you Brucie...lots of work to do!!

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Went for Fox out of him and Thornily for me. Nobody else in starting eleven stood out above a distinctly average performance. 

fizz me. I voted for him out of sarcasm. He was a disgrace

• Thanks 1

Missed large chunk of the 1st half, including the goal, but it wasn't good viewing. 

Westwood - 5 - Seemed to really struggle with the long throw, got lost in amongst the bodies far too often, and didn't command the air like he often does.

Palmer - 5 - Powderpuff performance. Offered nothing going forward, and seemed to just aimlessly hit it long time and time again.

Hector - 3 - Horrible performance. I've not seen the 1st goal, but seems he was at fault for that as well as the 2nd. Lacked his normal composure on the ball, Smith rattled him and his indecision seemed to be contagious. 

Thorniley - 6 - Actually thought he dealt with Smith reasonably well when he went to play on him in the 2nd half. Despite the size difference, he went toe to toe with him. 

Fox - 5 - Few shaky moments both defensively and offensively. Had the opportunity to stick some decent balls in the box, but didn't really do enough on the whole.

Hutchinson - 6 - Tried hard, played on the edge again. But lacked any quality on the ball, and it's issue for us when trying to create things going forward. 

Bannan - 5 - Struggled with the pace of the game, and the Rotherham's midfield energetic press. But he's our only creative spark in midfield, and there's a lot of expectation on his shoulders.

Boyd - 4 - Not sure what he offers that a County standard cross country runner wouldn't? Covers ground, but there's no spark, no creativity, no quality from him. Surely it's time to give Aarons a good run in the side, see what he can offer.

Reach - 5 - Another sub-standard performance. Like Palmer, powderpuff. The right hand side was soft, and never looked like getting a grip on the game. Reach's insistence with shooting from long range is doing us more harm than good. Not convinced with him playing as an inverted winger...Reach's strength is getting to the byline and crossing, play him out left and allow him to do it. 

Forestieri - 7 - MotM - Only real bright spark for me. When he got the ball, he looked after it, despite getting kicked from pillar to post. Scored the 1st, involved in the 2nd, and a constant problem for Rotherham's centre halves. But, as so often the case, it's one step forward, two steps back...good display, got his goal...now banned for two games. Infuriating. 

Joao - 4 - Powderpuff No. 3. Bullied. No threat whatsoever. Another start where he's flattered to deceive. 

Fletcher - 6 - Came on the made himself a nuisance, which is more than Joao did. 

Aarons - 6 - Delivered the ball into the box for the late goal, but other than that, nothing too much of note.

Iorfa - N/A - Not on long enough to get a mark, but what a mark he made. Owusu style debut!

Overall ... delighted to nick an undeserved point. And I'll be honest, part of me is pleased we're seeing these displays under Bruce's leadership. He needs to see, with his own eyes, the serious deficiencies within this squad, and this performance today (and Millwall to an extent) displays them all in abundance. Too many players are soft...physically and mentally. When the going gets tough, they don't. Too many flatter to deceive, make the wrong decisions far too often. 

Bruce has the opportunity to press the restart button in the summer, and he has to take full advantage of that. There was a risk that if performances continued to improve, he'd be tempted to stick with a large number of these failing players. They've had their chance, they've had their time at this football club, and on the whole, have failed. 

Getting battered to a poor Rotherham side, creating nothing against a horrid Millwall side, failing to score against the worst Reading side in years...the signs are there. Bruce will be noticing them, I'm sure of it. Time for him to rip the offensive blueprint up and try something different though...Reach, Boyd, Fletcher, Joao are all underperforming.  

Edited by frastheowl

4 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Missed large chunk of the 1st half, including the goal, but it wasn't good viewing. 

Westwood - 5 - Seemed to really struggle with the long throw, got lost in amongst the bodies far too often, and didn't command the air like he often does.

Palmer - 5 - Powderpuff performance. Offered nothing going forward, and seemed to just aimlessly hit it long time and time again.

Hector - 3 - Horrible performance. I've not seen the 1st goal, but seems he was at fault for that as well as the 2nd. Lacked his normal composure on the ball, Smith rattled him and his indecision seemed to be contagious. 

Thorniley - 6 - Actually thought he dealt with Smith reasonably well when he went to play on him in the 2nd half. Despite the size difference, he went toe to toe with him. 

Fox - 5 - Few shaky moments both defensively and offensively. Had the opportunity to stick some decent balls in the box, but didn't really do enough on the whole.

Hutchinson - 6 - Tried hard, played on the edge again. But lacked any quality on the ball, and it's issue for us when trying to create things going forward. 

Bannan - 5 - Struggled with the pace of the game, and the Rotherham's midfield energetic press. But he's our only creative spark in midfield, and there's a lot of expectation on his shoulders.

Boyd - 4 - Not sure what he offers that a County standard cross country runner wouldn't? Covers ground, but there's no spark, no creativity, no quality from him. Surely it's time to give Aarons a good run in the side, see what he can offer.

Reach - 5 - Another sub-standard performance. Like Palmer, powderpuff. The right hand side was soft, and never looked like getting a grip on the game. Reach's insistence with shooting from long range is doing us more harm than good. Not convinced with him playing as an inverted winger...Reach's strength is getting to the byline and crossing, play him out left and allow him to do it. 

Forestieri - 7 - MotM - Only real bright spark for me. When he got the ball, he looked after it, despite getting kicked from pillar to post. Scored the 1st, involved in the 2nd, and a constant problem for Rotherham's centre halves. But, as so often the case, it's one step forward, two steps back...good display, got his goal...now banned for two games. Infuriating. 

Joao - 4 - Powderpuff No. 3. Bullied. No threat whatsoever. Another start where he's flattered to deceive. 

Fletcher - 6 - Came on the made himself a nuisance, which is more than Joao did. 

Aarons - 6 - Delivered the ball into the box for the late goal, but other than that, nothing too much of note.

Iorfa - N/A - Not on long enough to get a mark, but what a mark he made. Owusu style debut!

Overall ... delighted to nick an undeserved point. And I'll be honest, part of me is pleased we're seeing these displays under Bruce's leadership. He needs to see, with his own eyes, the serious deficiencies within this squad, and this performance today (and Millwall to an extent) displays them all in abundance. Too many players are soft...physically and mentally. When the going gets tough, they don't. Too many flatter to deceive, make the wrong decisions far too often. 

Bruce has the opportunity to press the restart button in the summer, and he has to take full advantage of that. There was a risk that if performances continued to improve, he'd be tempted to stick with a large number of these failing players. They've had their chance, they've had their time at this football club, and on the whole, have failed. 

Getting battered to a poor Rotherham side, creating nothing against a horrid Millwall side, failing to score against the worst Reading side in years...the signs are there. Bruce will be noticing them, I'm sure of it. Time for him to rip the offensive blueprint up and try something different though...Reach, Boyd, Fletcher, Joao are all underperforming.  

You do realise we were directly into the sun second half and they filled the box with bodies, Westwood kept us in the game twice in the first half.  

Dont disagree with much else. Fox first half made some crucial interceptions, but that’s about it. Maybe time for the new lads to have a crack hopefully

Fletcher every time for me over Joao.  

Only two in with a shout for me.

Palmer and Hutch 

Probably go for Hutch as he was our only player who went toe to toe with them, in the centre of the pitch.

Thornily did little wrong and Westwood made some decent saves but also flapped at a few.

The rest , other than the subs, were awful. Probably some of the worst performances I have seen from individual Wednesday players in a very long time 

10 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

You do realise we were directly into the sun second half and they filled the box with bodies, Westwood kept us in the game twice in the first half.  

Dont disagree with much else. Fox first half made some crucial interceptions, but that’s about it. Maybe time for the new lads to have a crack hopefully

Fletcher every time for me over Joao.  

Like I said, I missed a large chunk of the 1st half. Didn't realise Westwood had made the saves you say. Fair enough.

I do realise it's difficult for the goalkeeper, but that's what he's there for. If he deals with those situations better, Rotherham don't hit the bar, have two or three cleared off the line. That's just my point. 

Fletcher makes himself a presence more than Joao, but he never looks like scoring. Over the course of a season, Joao will score more than Fletcher. Sadly, going forward, I think we need better than both of them. Joao's a great option to have, but his consistency is a real issue. 

44 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

After defending our team midweek, I can’t give a man of the match today, it was like they turned up and had never met each other.  Wouldn’t give anyone a rating above 1 today. 

What more could Iorfa have done, that you wouldn't deem him more than a 1?