Forestieri Red Card

11 minutes ago, darra said:

Difficult to see exactly but it looks like he's stood celebrating just off the pitch the fan who had run on grabs hold of him and Forestieri again difficult to see but appears to push him off at which point the steward grabs the fan. Stupid Yellow

So he got a yellow for pushing a fan who accosted him?? That's crazy, the fan could have been any nutter. 

I didn't see what happened, most of the players celebrated in the corner in front of us so I didn't realise FF was off the pitch until they lined up for the restart. Then Fletcher came over to get FF out followed by the ref. Even then it looked like he wouldn't card him until one of their players got in his face and FF high fived a fan. 

53 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

It, Rest, Give. A

Rearrange these words.

Good to see different opinions other than the blinkered herd are allowed on here. 

Blind loyalty is is one of the flaws of a typical football fan.

BTW, I’d love to see FF in the team playing every week and paying back the club for his contract improvements. 

Unfortunately the moment it looks like he might play consistently another drama happens. 

It is no coincidence. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Except  the law on over exhuberant celebrating of course...

So if us or the blades score a winner in the derby in the one hundredth minute the ref will obviously have to book every single player . Over exhuberent celebrating what a crock of b#$$#$%s . Fans can give one single player s$$t for ninety minutes but if they score don't dare be exhuberent . Another rule to make football appeal to the permanently offended . I would still say the same if Billy blunt scored against us . I'd be totally f@@@@d off and be swearing for at least an hour but I wouldn't expect a card to come out   

2 minutes ago, cross owl said:

So if us or the blades score a winner in the derby in the one hundredth minute the ref will obviously have to book every single player . Over exhuberent celebrating what a crock of b#$$#$%s . Fans can give one single player s$$t for ninety minutes but if they score don't dare be exhuberent . Another rule to make football appeal to the permanently offended . I would still say the same if Billy blunt scored against us . I'd be totally f@@@@d off and be swearing for at least an hour but I wouldn't expect a card to come out   

I entirely agree with you. A yellow in those circumstances is b u l l s h i t. The soul of the game is drained before our very eyes. The point about my post was inconsistency. How on earth is it not over exhuberant to kick a corner flag out of the ground. Personally dont think either should be a yellow but footbal is a crock of s h i t generally these days

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

I struggle to see what he did to merit a 2nd yellow card.

I'm curious to know what he did for the first one based on this.   

Couple it with what i've seen of some of the yellows Rotherham received it's hard not to feel hard done to.    

It’s one of those situations  where he knows he’s on a yellow card so why would you bring to the crowd to run the risk of getting drug in like he did the risk a second yellow 

I don’t blame Fernando I blame the Sheffield Wednesday fans for dragging him in He just irritates me sometimes when he doesn’t think what he’s doing is passion takes over

35 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Very dangerous as the flag could've gone anywhere. Really stupid.

Speaking of really stupid, player gets booked for high-5ing fan.

IF Ronaldo and Messi and god knows who else can have pitch-invading fans take selfies with them, WTF has the game come to

Ridiculous