Forestieri Red Card

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Didn’t look to me like the ref was going to book him until he high fived the supporter.

lowest ever high 5 as well. Could be argued that by high/low fiving the fan he calmed the situation down.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Forestieri wasn’t booked for over celebrating or misconduct either.....he was booked for going in the crowd

Wasn’t my question. My question was “is kicking the corner flag out of the ground, which often leads to yellow cards, not over celebrating or misconduct?”.

We both know the answer, so answering doesn’t really matter.

It’s obvious some referees aren’t very good, some referees like the limelight, some referees take a brown packet, and others have it in for certain players.

Today’s referee appears to fall into at least one of those categories, and we both know it.

53 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Yellow for this (not my filming by the way lol )

Rotherham player couldn't believe his luck there. He knew it was a bad tackle by the way he walked away like nothing had happened.

Guest Hirst1867

I didnt see him go off the pitch, certainly not over the advertising boards.

Looked to me like he got dragged into the fans who had gone on to the pitch surrounds

I see RichSheffWeds is still bitter about FF nicking his car parking space in Chapeltown Asda that time. 

Change the record pal

1 hour ago, Vic Flange said:

Yep great job again Fernando :mad:

Apologies for earlier post was just a bit hacked off at the time.

Always been one of my favourite players but he knows refs don't like him and when on a yellow he has got to make sure he doesn't give these pleb refs reason to get another yellow out.

That said a yellow for celebrating, a new low for a championship ref.

55 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It is fairly simple. 

He gets additional attention because of his antics.

He makes every challenge look like he’s been shot.

Rolls around looking for fouls.

Like Peter and the wolf. 

Referees get sick of him trying it on.

Then we wonder why he doesn’t get justice when someone really clatters him. 

As professional referees they have to treat each challenge on its merits and not take 'previous antics' into account. There are far more other players who blatantly dive and get away with it at this level. If he has got such a reputation with referees why hasn't he got booked much more for his antics? The few occasions he has been booked/sent off for this kind of thing the ref's have got it wrong - Preston and Hull away spring to mind.

Today it looks like the ref couldn't wait to send him off for celebrating having let Rotherham players get away with numerous challenges that could have led to 2nd bookings and 1 challenge on Forestieri that could easily have been a red, though I would imagine you think it was his own fault for overreacting. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, pj owl said:

Think criticising him for ‘discipline’ is harsh when he’s just been sent off for celebrating a last gasp equaliser.

some of our fans are fvckin pathetic

Yeah but as a professional footballer on a yellow surely he should be able to use his head amongst the celebrations 

im not saying by no means celebrate but is it worth missing the next game for 

2 minutes ago, Owl14 said:

Yeah but as a professional footballer on a yellow surely he should be able to use his head amongst the celebrations 

im not saying by no means celebrate but is it worth missing the next game for 

How did he know the ref was gunna be an @ss ?

Edited by DELUDED OWL

Difficult to see exactly but it looks like he's stood celebrating just off the pitch the fan who had run on grabs hold of him and Forestieri again difficult to see but appears to push him off at which point the steward grabs the fan. Stupid Yellow