Forestieri Red Card

He didn’t go in the crowd - after the players had celebrated and were moving away from the fans, FF seemed to spot Tango and went back to him to celebrate further - that’s when another fan or 2 joined in. That’s why the ref booked him - rightly or wrongly. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

He didn’t go in the crowd - after the players had celebrated and were moving away from the fans, FF seemed to spot Tango and went back to him to celebrate further - that’s when another fan or 2 joined in. That’s why the ref booked him - rightly or wrongly. 

Looks like that's pretty much what happened. Rightly booked for me, if the rest of the team including the goalscorer have made their way back to the centre circle and your still there hugging tango (allegedly) and high fiving fans, and your fellow player has to run back from the centre circle to fetch you back, you're going to get a booking. 

Sorry nando, it's only because I want to see you play every game but you've got to make a choice between a balotelli "why always me?" mentality or one based on self responsibility. Cracking volley though, absolutely thumped it. 

1 hour ago, dumboldowl said:

With fans like you we don't need any supporters for the opposition.

Dont be ridiculous - all views should be valid on a forum even if you don’t like them. 

I’ll always support the club, go to games, it’s in your blood.

Doesnt mean I can’t have a different view to others on why FF gets this treatment. Sometimes you reap what you sow.

And for the record, I hope he gets back to his form from 3 years ago, plays 40 games, smashes 25 goals next season and gets us promoted. 

He’s a talent when focussed and fit. Just not seen it for too long on any consistent basis unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Looks like that's pretty much what happened. Rightly booked for me, if the rest of the team including the goalscorer have made their way back to the centre circle and your still there hugging tango (allegedly) and high fiving fans, and your fellow player has to run back from the centre circle to fetch you back, you're going to get a booking. 

Sorry nando, it's only because I want to see you play every game but you've got to make a choice between a balotelli "why always me?" mentality or one based on self responsibility. Cracking volley though, absolutely thumped it. 

The last paragraph sums it up perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Just read that Celtic player has been sent off after for excessive celebration after scoring last minute winner today as well. It’s all a bit silly.

95% of celebrations are silly, let's face it. 30-year-olds doing rubbish knee slides like a sugared-up primary schooler at a wedding disco, ffs lol

• Like 1

Dunno if this helps any.

Vid from a Rovrum "fan". 

Go to 37 sec point. FF picks the ball out of the goal and runs to the left of the goal  immediately after we score where some "fan" jumps on him. Vid ends as steward arrives to help FF

Presumably after the steward gets rid of the "fan" FF makes his way to the right of the goal to join the rest of his teammates.

15 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

However - he was hanging around celebrating far longer than he should have been - everybody else (apart from Fletcher who appeared to go and fetch him) were ready to kick off.

That's the main issue for me, the high five is not the reason he was sent off. No idea why he had to be the last back. It is what it is, he'll serve his 1 game ban and hopefully will pick up exactly where he left off, an excellent performance from him on a day where the ret were poor

10 hours ago, mkowl said:

Why do Wednesday fans get pleasure from slagging off our one game changer player.

Why do they get pleasure from slagging off any player?

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Remind me of all the games he has changed for us in the last two seasons.

This season alone, wouldn’t you say Reach, Joao and Fletcher have each changed more games than FF? 

Can be a terrific player. On his game, in the right mood, in the right position - Brilliant. But it’s very very rare these days.

I would say 2 reasons

1) the number of injuries which is unfortunately part of the game

2) the tactics employed around him, is expected role in let's face it incredibly dour, pragmatic godawful football we have been set up to play. Remember how he played when there was a freedom around the team as a whole. For about 25 games under Carlos

FF genuinely gets me on the edge of my seat. But like JJ did, like Antonio did. That is the football I want to see

5 hours ago, Ash76 said:

That's the main issue for me, the high five is not the reason he was sent off. No idea why he had to be the last back. It is what it is, he'll serve his 1 game ban and hopefully will pick up exactly where he left off, an excellent performance from him on a day where the ret were poor

Why do they get pleasure from slagging off any player?

True 

Surely this rule needs changing though? why can't you celebrate with the fans who pay their money to watch their team play? not saying I would condone him running up the stairs and into the stand, but surely over the hoardings and for the fans to run to him is allowed? equalising goals in the 100th minute should be allowed to be celebrated with the fans. I felt sorry for Sterling at Bournemouth and I did for Scott Brown yesterday, are players supposed to show no emotion and just walk back to the half way line? let them celebrate winning/equalising goals in added on time with their fans

4 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I understand that the yellow card can't be appealed, but surely given the video evidence, the club should be contacting that 'ref' this morning and saying 'have a look at this, and rescind the 2nd yellow for FF'.

He does absolutely NOTHING wrong.

Let it go is my advice. Its only 1 match ban.

On 16/02/2019 at 15:08, Vic Flange said:

Yep great job again Fernando :mad:

Sorry but from what i saw, every player ran into crowd... fessi runs other way, and high fives a fan ON THE PITCH! He didn't even leave the field! Yet he only books fessi?? Not just saying this as im a Wednesday fan but refs definitely have a vendetta towards the lad. He also gets kicked for 90+ minutes with no protection. It's a joke.