Forestieri Red Card

It all started more than 50 years ago with Alf Ramsey "The Argentines are Animals that shouldn't be let anywhere a football pitch" he said following the  Antonio Rattin dismissal at Wembley.

Then the Fascist General Galltiari, who had been a house guest of Thatcher, decided to invade the little group of islands just off the coast of Argentina. Then came the 'Hand of God' in the form of Diago Maradona.

Our little genius Fernando Forrestieri has to carry the racist cross for all these misdemeanors  including one or two of his own. There is no doubt in my mind that he is singled out as a diver when he is not (No more than most anyway). He was singled out yesterday when anyone of our entire squad were celebrating wildly. He was singled out again when the most vicious of tackles scythed him down. At Hull he picked up a red that should have gone the other way.

Yes all the evidence is there our crap referees have had their heads together for a long time on Fessi to do him down in collective fashion. What really grinds with me is the small percentage of our fans that refuse to recognise his plight and take every opportunity to criticise him. Don't let the Bastads grind you down Fessi !      

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It all started more than 50 years ago with Alf Ramsey "The Argentines are Animals that shouldn't be let anywhere a football pitch" he said following the  Antonio Rattin dismissal at Wembley.

Then the Fascist General Galltiari, who had been a house guest of Thatcher, decided to invade the little group of islands just off the coast of Argentina. Then came the 'Hand of God' in the form of Diago Maradona.

Our little genius Fernando Forrestieri has to carry the racist cross for all these misdemeanors  including one or two of his own. There is no doubt in my mind that he is singled out as a diver when he is not (No more than most anyway). He was singled out yesterday when anyone of our entire squad were celebrating wildly. He was singled out again when the most vicious of tackles scythed him down. At Hull he picked up a red that should have gone the other way.

Yes all the evidence is there our crap referees have had their heads together for a long time on Fessi to do him down in collective fashion. What really grinds with me is the small percentage of our fans that refuse to recognise his plight and take every opportunity to criticise him. Don't let the Bastads grind you down Fessi !      

1381444046337.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ian said:

Despite the fact that sky and Quest have both reported the same?......for all those who had a better view than me from their own home via the radio, the footage you see is after he had removed himself from the fans.....all attention was on the main bulk of the players who ran to the other side of the pitch...Forestieri went to the other side of the net and jumped the advertising hoardings (which, I believe is what is the differentiater in terms of a booking).....when he’s shown high fiving the fan, the vast majority of our players are back in our half....what do you think he’d been doing in that time

And just in case you want to doubt yourself any more......Bruce at no point complains that Forestieri didn’t go in to the crowd, just that it’s a ridiculous rule.....which it is

As I've posted in another thread, the first time that I noticed Forestieri after the goal was when he was trying to get out from under of a pile of half a dozen of our fans who were on top of him to the left hand side of the pitch (looking from the away end), he was off of the pitch at this point.  He got out of the 'scrum', went back onto the pitch then went back towards a fan who was being ejected to 'High Five' him.  It was at this point that Fletcher encouraged Fernando back onto the pitch only for that to$$er of a referee send him off.  IMO it was a yellow card, but no more of an offence than that of the Rotherham twohat who launched the corner flag off of the pitch after their second goal

Guest Hirst1867

Had Forestieri been holding up play that would allow Rotherham the opportunity to score a winner - then I could kind of half understand it

As it was, the ref literally blew for the restart - and immediately for full time. Would it have hurt him to have had a stern word with FF for the celebration and not got the book out - knowing that he was already on a yellow?

Of course it wouldn't. As it was the Nazi in black took great pleasure in showing an unjustified red card - in just the same way as others have in the past. Refs hate Forestieri because of the high profile incorrect sending off at Hull and the way it threw others in their profesion into a bad light nationally. They hate it. They stick together like all good Nazis

(I bet Ian is a referee as well. You can tell)

Edited by Hirst1867

5 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So we can see a video of what Forestieri did in the 10-15 seconds after we scored and he didn’t leave the grass.

you are saying that after this point, Forestieri randomly got a rush of blood and surged over the wall and passed the stewards into the Wednesday end?

Even though nobody else saw this and no footage of it exists?

Ian though 

lol

Edited by markowl

14 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

No anger or disdain from me.

Just an honest opinion that FF has a history of disciplinary problems. 

He is the one player in our squad that can turn a game but is also likely to dive to get a decision.

He has a reputation because of it.We all know that and so do referees. They treat his reaction to certain challenges/situations differently because of it.

If the guy is producing, great but the sad reality is he has produced nothing for 18 months plus.

My original post in this thread was about his overall record not the specific circumstances at Rotherham. 

When a player has flaws but produces the goods, those flaws are forgivable. 

Unfortunately we have seen almost nothing other than in brief glimpses for nearly 2 years. 

I know it’s not a popular view on here but it’s time he repaid the club on the pitch for backing him with a new contract. 

So what you're saying is, referees are going into games with preconceived ideas.

And you're ok with that?

Why do Wednesday fans get pleasure from slagging off our one game changer player. You have to accept the maverick in them because that is what makes them different on the pitch

Di Canio was a prime example

13 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

The volley that led to our equaliser... 

We don’t have many players capable of something like that.

Exactly - obviously never been an assist but he created that goal via that volley (and then by insisting the corner went short to him despite us being so deep in injury time). Game changer.

What an absolute prïck that ref is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Game changer.

That he is.

Wednesdayites going on about the “rules” to defend his sending off, in a game when he’s been assaulted constantly (including a tackle from the 70s that only merited a yellow)

Bizarre.

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Why do Wednesday fans get pleasure from slagging off our one game changer player. You have to accept the maverick in them because that is what makes them different on the pitch

Remind me of all the games he has changed for us in the last two seasons.

This season alone, wouldn’t you say Reach, Joao and Fletcher have each changed more games than FF? 

Can be a terrific player. On his game, in the right mood, in the right position - Brilliant. But it’s very very rare these days.

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Remind me of all the games he has changed for us in the last two seasons.

This season alone, wouldn’t you say Reach, Joao and Fletcher have each changed more games than FF? 

Can be a terrific player. On his game, in the right mood, in the right position - Brilliant. But it’s very very rare these days.

Because he's been injured which I assume is your point.

He is the one player I hope is fit to face the scrubbers

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Just read that Celtic player has been sent off after for excessive celebration after scoring last minute winner today as well. It’s all a bit silly.

Agreed it's gone absolutely bonkers Pablo 

Pablo "Bon Bon" Vin ( lemon flavour):ph34r:

Gerald Si- Bon- bon  (Strawberry flavour) :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

His temperament is well known though and that means referees deal with him differently.

He is known to push the boundaries. 

Today is an example of a referee dealing with him because of the reputation he has got. 

Today is just one incident, like I said trouble follows him around like a bad smell and always will.

With fans like you we don't need any supporters for the opposition.