8 hours ago, Ian said:

I don’t need to see photos or videos.....I saw it with my own eyes

So we can see a video of what Forestieri did in the 10-15 seconds after we scored and he didn’t leave the grass.

you are saying that after this point, Forestieri randomly got a rush of blood and surged over the wall and passed the stewards into the Wednesday end?

Even though nobody else saw this and no footage of it exists?

9 hours ago, Ian said:

I don’t need to see photos or videos.....I saw it with my own eyes

For him to go into the crowd and get back to where all the videos of him are in a millisecond really takes some believing. You are the only one one here who seems to have seen him in the crowd  . Perhaps you have  mistaken identity syndrome? 

16 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It is fairly simple. 

He gets additional attention because of his antics.

He makes every challenge look like he’s been shot.

Rolls around looking for fouls.

Like Peter and the wolf. 

Referees get sick of him trying it on.

Then we wonder why he doesn’t get justice when someone really clatters him. 

Heres me thinking it was the ref at fault, when really it’s Fernandos fault for a dive he did back in 2015.

Silly me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not just about Forestieri either - the referee saw a celebration more offensive than an elbow on Jud Thornily, that resulted in him being taken off. 

Joker. 

23 minutes ago, A12owl said:

For him to go into the crowd and get back to where all the videos of him are in a millisecond really takes some believing. You are the only one one here who seems to have seen him in the crowd  . Perhaps you have  mistaken identity syndrome? 

I am thinking Ian has been caught out telling a porkie.

What his motive would be for telling such a porker is beyond me.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

So can anyone else confirm that FF went into the crowd?

It seems pretty clear he didn’t.

11 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It seems pretty clear he didn’t.

Despite the fact that sky and Quest have both reported the same?......for all those who had a better view than me from their own home via the radio, the footage you see is after he had removed himself from the fans.....all attention was on the main bulk of the players who ran to the other side of the pitch...Forestieri went to the other side of the net and jumped the advertising hoardings (which, I believe is what is the differentiater in terms of a booking).....when he’s shown high fiving the fan, the vast majority of our players are back in our half....what do you think he’d been doing in that time

And just in case you want to doubt yourself any more......Bruce at no point complains that Forestieri didn’t go in to the crowd, just that it’s a ridiculous rule.....which it is

Edited by Ian
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So we can see a video of what Forestieri did in the 10-15 seconds after we scored and he didn’t leave the grass.

you are saying that after this point, Forestieri randomly got a rush of blood and surged over the wall and passed the stewards into the Wednesday end?

Even though nobody else saw this and no footage of it exists?

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Despite the fact that sky and Quest have both reported the same?......for all those who had a better view than me from their own horn via the radio, the footage you see if after he had removed himself from the fans.....all attention was on the main bulk of the players who ran to the other side of the pitch...Forestieri went to the other side of the net and jumped the advertising hoardings (which, I believe is what is th differentiater in terms of a booking).....when he’s shown high fiving the fans, the vast majority of our players are back in our half....what do you think he’d been doing in tha time

And just in case you want to doubt yourself any more......Bruce at no poin5 complains that Forestieri didn’t go in to the crowd, just that it’s a ridiculous rule.....which it is

Well if Sky say it’s true then it must be.

But, don’t you think it’s weird that no other person said they saw him in the fans, and there are no videos or photos of this (despite all the other times he did it being on camera and film)?

I’m just looking for a few people to validate that we don’t need to be so aggrieved. 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Despite the fact that sky and Quest have both reported the same?......for all those who had a better view than me from their own home via the radio, the footage you see is after he had removed himself from the fans.....all attention was on the main bulk of the players who ran to the other side of the pitch...Forestieri went to the other side of the net and jumped the advertising hoardings (which, I believe is what is the differentiater in terms of a booking).....when he’s shown high fiving the fan, the vast majority of our players are back in our half....what do you think he’d been doing in that time

And just in case you want to doubt yourself any more......Bruce at no point complains that Forestieri didn’t go in to the crowd, just that it’s a ridiculous rule.....which it is

This is the key.

if he went over the boards, when on a yellow, he is stupid beyond belief. (although I would still point to the inconsistency of the Rotherham player kicking acorner flag out which was far more dangerous).

if he didn’t, the ref got it completely and utterly wrong.

10 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

This is the key.

if he went over the boards, when on a yellow, he is stupid beyond belief. (although I would still point to the inconsistency of the Rotherham player kicking acorner flag out which was far more dangerous).

if he didn’t, the ref got it completely and utterly wrong.

Don’t you think it’s relevant that no one at the club is disputing the fact that he went ‘into the crowd’ only that it’s a daft rule?

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Well if Sky say it’s true then it must be.

But, don’t you think it’s weird that no other person said they saw him in the fans, and there are no videos or photos of this (despite all the other times he did it being on camera and film)?

I’m just looking for a few people to validate that we don’t need to be so aggrieved. 

There’s no footage of him not going over the boards either though is there?.....most people had or were ready to go home

I was there and didnt see him go over any advertising hoardings

However - he was hanging around celebrating far longer than he should have been - everybody else (apart from Fletcher who appeared to go and fetch him) were ready to kick off.

Although I do think some of our idiot fans who had encroached onto the field were holding on to him and refusing to let him go - he appeared to be waving his arms around his head trying to get them off him

After celebrating with the fan who ran over he went and spent a lot of time at the other side and went over into the crowd to Tango for a hug, so technically it was a yellow...

18 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Because he is passionate, which is more than can be said for most of the team. Things he has that other players don't:

1. Passion

2. The ability to change a game

3. The ability to link midfield to attack.

4. The ability to score consistently.

We have NO other players with that skillset. Why on earth would you have a pop at him for celebrating a goal deep in injury time.

If he can play against United he has to be the first name on the sheet. I couldn't care less for his disciplinary record. I'd rather have a player who gets sent off for tackling (Hutch) than one who is scared to tackle (Reach). ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!

This is the reality. 

25 minutes ago, Ian said:

Don’t you think it’s relevant that no one at the club is disputing the fact that he went ‘into the crowd’ only that it’s a daft rule?

I didn’t think it strange on the basis that I’d only seen a quote from Steve Bruce.

On the basis of the video’s I’d seen I just assumed Bruce had been told that was what it was for.

However, I have seen another poster now saying the same as you.  As you’ll appreciate, I don’t know you from Adam.  But on the basis that you are both long standing posters with positive reputations I am leaning towards believing your version of events.

Its nothing personal, you could be Brian The Blade on a wind up for all I know.

He definitely left the pitch. I don't think he actually entered the stand, but was definitely celebrating with the fans at the front. But then so did everybody else, FF got the card because he was the last to extract himself when everybody else was ready for the kick-off and the pausing to high five the nob who'd ran onto the pitch seemed to be the point when the ref pulled out the card.

The "going over the advertising boards" thing is a bit irrelevant as there's quite a gap between them and the actual stand at Rotherham, more than at most grounds. 

Was FF actually unable to extract himself because the fans simply wouldn't let go of him? Quite possibly,  when I saw him he was certainly struggling to get away. If so, I hope those who held him back feel proud of themselves now.

• Agree 2

Going off the video evidence I've seen the club need to put in an official complaint and get the second yellow card rescinded, regardless of what the current rules are.

Like most, all I've wanted to see, is FF play against the pigs at home. At his best.

He's missed this fixture for one reason or another and it's frustrating.

Whilst his two game ban means he's actually fine to play against the pigs, what it means is the following...

He will only start against them if we do not win the next two games, without his involvement.

I want us to win the next two games. 

If he does start against them it means we haven't picked up 6 points.

The next two games are also home games, where I want to be entertained by our best player.

He's currently picking up form and may need the next two games to be at his best against the pigs.

Did Forestieri actually get a red card in the Mansfield game? I only ask as I’m not 100% sure if his suspension was for the card or for his admission to the role he played in what went off after and this would surely be key to whether it’s 1 or 2 matches he’ll be suspended for.