Forestieri Red Card

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

His temperament is well known though and that means referees deal with him differently.

He is known to push the boundaries. 

Today is an example of a referee dealing with him because of the reputation he has got. 

Today is just one incident, like I said trouble follows him around like a bad smell and always will.

In that case, it seems to me that your anger and disdain would be better aimed at the referees.

Never been a yellow card offence EVER 

Ridiculous decision I hope the ref is pleased with himself, all you ask for is a bit of consistency sadly seems like another ref who couldn’t resist not being the centre of attention.

ANYONE who thinks FF deserves a yellow for that hasn’t got a clue about football or an emotional bone in their body.... complete farce of a decision.

27 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

In that case, it seems to me that your anger and disdain would be better aimed at the referees.

No anger or disdain from me.

Just an honest opinion that FF has a history of disciplinary problems. 

He is the one player in our squad that can turn a game but is also likely to dive to get a decision.

He has a reputation because of it.We all know that and so do referees. They treat his reaction to certain challenges/situations differently because of it.

If the guy is producing, great but the sad reality is he has produced nothing for 18 months plus.

My original post in this thread was about his overall record not the specific circumstances at Rotherham. 

When a player has flaws but produces the goods, those flaws are forgivable. 

Unfortunately we have seen almost nothing other than in brief glimpses for nearly 2 years. 

I know it’s not a popular view on here but it’s time he repaid the club on the pitch for backing him with a new contract. 

35 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Quest EFL  confirm Rovrum player should have been a straight red.

Mixed opinion about Nando's sending off.

Camera didn't show if he went into crowd. Anybody at match confirm if he did?

Player launching corner flag should have been show yellow as well. It was a dangerous action which potentially could have caused serious injury to anybody it happened to hit.

Toy town player inflicts potentially peg breaking challenge as last man and stays on the pitch.

FF high fives a fan after a last kick of the game equaliser gets sent off.

Just wrong on every level 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ian said:

Forestieri is our best player by a mile.....not the player he was 2 years ago (yet) but still our best player

But none of those videos show the full event,,,,,he went in to the crowd to celebrate...,its a stone wall yellow......would I want him ever to change....No.....was it a second yell...every time 

refs don’t make the rules, just there to enforce them

No videos or photos show this

No one else has corroborated your version.

Did he really go into the crowd?

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

He is the one player in our squad that can turn a game but is also likely to dive to get a decision.

He has a reputation because of it.We all know that and so do referees. They treat his reaction to certain challenges/situations differently because of it.

If the guy is producing, great but the sad reality is he has produced nothing for 18 months plus.

My original post in this thread was about his overall record not the specific circumstances at Rotherham. 

Unfortunately we have seen almost nothing other than in brief glimpses for nearly 2 years. 

I know it’s not a popular view on here but it’s time he repaid the club on the pitch for backing him with a new contract. 

You're a strange one to debate with. Your posts get longer and longer but you still spout the same cr@p.  lol

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

What a stupid post.

"If the guy is producing"  - he scored today, this afternoon, in this very game.

Utter numpty.

He also did nothing to warrant a red card other than nearly having his legs broken.

I bet you're the sort who used to like Andy Booth over Di Canio because he's a good yorkshire lad.

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

I can’t stand forestieri, he’s another waste of a very good wage. However, that’s exactly what’s wrong with football. Why shouldn’t you celebrate and get excited. So what if he got a bit over the top , it’s supposed to be a contact game for men . Theses days football makes going to the ballet look cage fighting . It’s pathetic 

8 hours ago, Ian said:

I don’t need to see photos or videos.....I saw it with my own eyes

So we can see a video of what Forestieri did in the 10-15 seconds after we scored and he didn’t leave the grass.

you are saying that after this point, Forestieri randomly got a rush of blood and surged over the wall and passed the stewards into the Wednesday end?

Even though nobody else saw this and no footage of it exists?

16 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It is fairly simple. 

He gets additional attention because of his antics.

He makes every challenge look like he’s been shot.

Rolls around looking for fouls.

Like Peter and the wolf. 

Referees get sick of him trying it on.

Then we wonder why he doesn’t get justice when someone really clatters him. 

Heres me thinking it was the ref at fault, when really it’s Fernandos fault for a dive he did back in 2015.

Silly me

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, A12owl said:

For him to go into the crowd and get back to where all the videos of him are in a millisecond really takes some believing. You are the only one one here who seems to have seen him in the crowd  . Perhaps you have  mistaken identity syndrome? 

I am thinking Ian has been caught out telling a porkie.

What his motive would be for telling such a porker is beyond me.