Rotherham 2 - 2 Wednesday OMDT -16/2/2019 1:00pm

Just now, agentwalker said:

Really frustrating how there's a lack midfield linkage. Nearly everything we try comes from the ball up to the strikers then winning the 2nd ball. Bannan is too deep, often alongside Hutch so when either get the ball there's nothing through the middle unless FF drops. 

I just can't see any real pattern to our play at all. When you say look at the pigs you can see what they're trying to do, overload the wings, low crosses and finish. 

Midfield is the weak link 

3 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

My point is on paper we should have a far superior squad than united but the difference is they have had a very good manager (albeit an arsehole). He has transformed bang average players into a fuel filled squad that play 100% every game and take no games for granted.

Unfortunately he has been able to get his players to run through brick walls for him and leave everything out their on pitch. Our players are scared of their own shadows.

Just now, Rogers said:

This is a typical Wednesday vs Rotherham game, we always struggle against them. 

No matter what team we have..

Better sides than us have struggled against them and they didn't have the "local" hate against them as well

I expect this will end up a draw, but wouldn't surprise me for either team to win it.

Wednesday don't install any confidence and always sound and look fragile when put under pressure. We shouldn't let many of the teams in this league put us under pressure, but seem happy to defend deep. I suspect this is partly down to the player's lack of pace; mobility and composure. You hardly ever see Bannan and Hutch arriving late into the opposition's box and we have at best one or two players in there when we on the the attack.

Too slow, too tentative and lack physical presence.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, squonk said:

They are a decent side and are in the bottom 3 tells you everything about the division

Rotherham are a ‘hard to beat’ side and yeah, I agree that the Championship is a competitive division where teams rarely just roll over.

But Rotherham being in the bottom 3 completely proves that they are not a ‘decent’ side.  Daft statement from you there, but this is Owlstalk.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I expect this will end up a draw, but wouldn't surprise me for either team to win it.

Wednesday don't install any confidence and always sound and look fragile when put under pressure. We shouldn't let many of the teams in this league put us under pressure, but seem happy to defend deep. I suspect this is partly down to the player's lack of pace; mobility and composure. You hardly ever see Bannan and Hutch arriving late into the opposition's box and we have at best one or two players in there when we on the the attack.

Too slow, too tentative and lack physical presence.

That's got it covered matey :tango:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, squonk said:

If only football were played on paper ( and that's nonsense anyway imo )

Its not nonsense. In my opinion its about management and the players application. Look at the difference Solskjaer has had at Man U compared to the dross that was played under Mourinho.

3 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Rotherham are a ‘hard to beat’ side and yeah, I agree that the Championship is a competitive division where teams rarely just roll over.

But Rotherham being in the bottom 3 completely proves that they are not a ‘decent’ side.  Daft statement from you there, but this is Owlstalk.

or possibly there are 23 decent sides and 3 mathematically have to be in the bottom 3 ?

or to put it another way there are no easy fixtures in the division 

I'm not the person claiming we should hammer them

Edited by squonk