The Pitch again

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

That’s b0770cks mate. I walked around the entire pitch this morning and saw nothing like that. 

I dont tells lies ever. That is a genuine photo taken at 14.37 today which has not been altered or improved. You need to go to Specsavers. The state of the pitch in front of the north was a real talking point 2 weeks ago for supporters who sit near the pitch which is why I raised the topic. Today, quite a few went to the front before the game to see how it has improved in the past two weeks. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Robinson said:

I dont tells lies ever. That is a genuine photo taken at 14.37 today which has not been altered or improved. You need to go to Specsavers. The state of the pitch in front of the north was a real talking point 2 weeks ago for supporters who sit near the pitch which is why I raised the topic. Today, quite a few went to the front before the game to see how it has improved in the past two weeks. 

Well if that’s genuine, you must be seeking out the most worn part of the pitch and finding a certain angle with the light because when I saw the pitch this morning there was nothing like that particularly in front of the North. 

2 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

It looked pretty good on the telly 

It’s in really good nick and as I mentioned earlier, the guy on the tour today told us that the club were very happy with it and I can understand why. The only places that had and wear were the lengths of touch line that the linesmen run. 

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Well if that’s genuine, you must be seeking out the most worn part of the pitch and finding a certain angle with the light because when I saw the pitch this morning there was nothing like that particularly in front of the North. 

My final quote on this. 

One, that is the part of the pitch immediately in front of where I sit, I don’t look for it, it’s the main view we see all the time. 

Two, this post was about how poor it was at the game two weeks ago. Everyone around me was grumbling about it. 

Three, the photo today was to show how much it had improved in two weeks with good weather and sun lamps. It is now much, much better. 

Four, what you are all saying is that this is the only spot which is not almost pristine. As I don’t walk around the ground as a normal supporter cannot do on match day, I can’t see other parts of the pitch close up. 

Five,  my point is that I want the ground to be awesome when visiting teams come. So in addition to the team and the performance, everything else - floodlights, pitch, the crowd reception should be spot on so the visitors know they have come to somewhere social just to put their nerves on edge. That’s what the Hillsborough reputation was when I first started going in 1955 and grass technology has changed a lot since then.

Six, I want the piggies actually to realise when they come in 9 days time that we are in a different class. 

Seven, how the pitches were 20 or 30 years ago is not relevant. The whole science of pitches has changed dramatically.

Eight, as someone who plays golf and has over half an acre of grass at home, I am interested in the quality of the grass and how it is being looked after. Clearly very few of you have any interest in anything other than the football which is fine.