Blast from the past

Not seen this before today, a clip of the game that gave Hereford their record attendance of 18,114. Just shows what a massive draw Wednesday are.

Amazing to think health & safety says we can only fit 5,000 in the same ground nowadays.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

And a post underneath this clip on one of our forums shows what a decent club Wednesday are.....

"It was heart rendering to learn that Sheffield Wednesday played a Benevolence match at Edgar St for Roy Evans and Brian Purcell who were two Hereford players that were tragically killed in a car crash whilst driving to catch the team coach going to play Nuneaton. Sheffield Wednesday refused to accept a penny for travel expenses, etc."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Hi Leofric, how's it going?........how's Hereford doing?

Hi dude, I'll keep it quick cos this thread was meant to be about Wednesday & I only usually post Hereford stuff on the non Wednesday related footy section, but we're adjusting to the northern premier now we're up against bigger clubs. Got a new manager (didn't agree with that after Beads got us 3 successive promotions) & starting to find our feet again. We won't go down & will hopefully challenge for promotion to the conference (or whatever it's called now) next year. Still take loads away, we'd shame many a football league side.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Leofric said:

Hi dude, I'll keep it quick cos this thread was meant to be about Wednesday & I only usually post Hereford stuff on the non Wednesday related footy section, but we're adjusting to the northern premier now we're up against bigger clubs. Got a new manager (didn't agree with that after Beads got us 3 successive promotions) & starting to find our feet again. We won't go down & will hopefully challenge for promotion to the conference (or whatever it's called now) next year. Still take loads away, we'd shame many a football league side.

Good luck to you and the Owls (thereby ensuring this stays in the main forum rather than being booted out to the nether edge regions).