ST's frozen - and upto 5 years multi as well

11 hours ago, ka58 said:

Wednesday are taking the mick with this.

10 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

How?

Cash flow obviously a big issue.

Selling multi year tickets will have no P & S advantages as the income will have to be accounted for in the season it relates to so only £455 (adult kop) will be allowable for next season but a 5 year ticket will bring £2,195 cash in now.

Once the cash injection has been spent then it's gone, it can't be spent again in the ensuing four years and that's what worries me.

We can't sustain these products to generate cash year on year unless we are seriously successful, and if the cash runs out we will be in serious trouble.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The multi year ticket looks less attractive each year, especially if we are in for a few years of rebuilding. 

Tbf I'd much rather pay to watch the club carefully and pragmatically claw its way out of a cul-de-sac and back towards the top-end of the Champ over a three-year period, using good sense, commitment, canny frugality and a lot of heart, than pay the same amount to watch us gamble on a fresh delivery of megabucks 30-year-olds, fluke a promotion, get battered all over the shop for a whole season, and come crashing back down again with no good players left but just enough money to 'rinse and repeat' for a decade or so.

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Tbf I'd much rather pay to watch the club carefully and pragmatically claw its way out of a cul-de-sac and back towards the top-end of the Champ over a three-year period, using good sense, commitment, canny frugality and a lot of heart, than pay the same amount to watch us gamble on a fresh delivery of megabucks 30-year-olds, fluke a promotion, get battered all over the shop for a whole season, and come crashing back down again with no good players left but just enough money to 'rinse and repeat' for a decade or so.

I agree completely. The prices stink though due to several years of unwise spending. So now, rather than paying top prices for top football, we are paying top prices to repair three years worth of overspending. 

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I agree completely. The prices stink though due to several years of unwise spending. So now, rather than paying top prices for top football, we are paying top prices to repair three years worth of overspending. 

Sadly very true.

I have not bought a season ticket this season  for first time since I starting going in 1996. This was due to being disillusioned of how the club as been run and more importantly the pricing strategy we seem to have gone down. 

I think it way over priced compared to other clubs in this leagues (and above) bearing in mind where we live etc. There is no sign this will change for years only way is up. In my opinion when we do reach the premier league it should be so much cheaper to make up for the crap we have had to put up with for what will be the 20+ years. This cannot happen due to the multiple season tickets and 1867 membership but time will tell. Hopefully I will be back someday. WAWAW

9 minutes ago, SolidState said:

I have not bought a season ticket this season  for first time since I starting going in 1996. This was due to being disillusioned of how the club as been run and more importantly the pricing strategy we seem to have gone down. 

I think it way over priced compared to other clubs in this leagues (and above) bearing in mind where we live etc. There is no sign this will change for years only way is up. In my opinion when we do reach the premier league it should be so much cheaper to make up for the crap we have had to put up with for what will be the 20+ years. This cannot happen due to the multiple season tickets and 1867 membership but time will tell. Hopefully I will be back someday. WAWAW

Think if you hope prices will come down if we ever got to the Premiership then you are pis$ing in the wind.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Only renewed this season as it was what my mum wanted before she passed away in May,can't afford it this time and will be Jeff and lads on soccer Saturday next season. 

Get sky cancelled and buy a ST instead. :biggrin: ( Genuinly sorry you can’t stretch to one this year) 

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think if you hope prices will come down if we ever got to the Premiership then you are pis$ing in the wind.

I know that’s my point. What I meant is because of the multiple season tickets and the club 1867 this will never be able to happen. As for me coming back. Need to start with a more reasonable pay on the gate price every week but again we all know that won’t happen

Guest Hirst1867

I bought a 3 year Club 1867 ticket which entitles me to 15% discount.

I'm buying a 5 year season ticket for the Kop - which with the discount means that I can attend every home game for the next 5 years for £16.20.

Guest Hirst1867
10 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

I'm buying a 5 year season ticket for the Kop - which with the discount means that I can attend every home game for the next 5 years for £16.20.

Just checked - and with the money spent on the 1867 ticket - and assuming we get in the Premier League within the next 5 years - that means Ive got my next 8 years football secured for £18.15 a match. I'm quite please with that tbh

Do I think its good for the club? Absolutely not.

26 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Just checked - and with the money spent on the 1867 ticket - and assuming we get in the Premier League within the next 5 years - that means Ive got my next 8 years football secured for £18.15 a match. I'm quite please with that tbh

Why would you assume that? We're as far away from being a promotion challenging team as ever, and with even less resources/opportunity to rebuild the squad.  In the next 5 years alone, 15 clubs are going to be relegated into this division with a £40m+ bonus transfer kitty when we'll barely be allowed to spend anything for at least the next 3 seasons. 

Seems to me that the few who have opted into Club 1867 actually believe this "when we get to the PL" spin as if it's a fact that it's going to happen soon. 

23 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Yes but payday this month hasn't been hit yet which is a bonus.

Agreed, that’s what I’m waiting for and then I’ll just take the hit and pay it all next month.

I used to get it on finance but now I just like to get it all out of the way and know it’s paid for.

50 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Do you still get the 15% off if the 1867 scheme is scrapped?

Think I remember reading the 1867 scheme wont go ahead if not enough people sign up.

I'm in the last year of my three year ST, which I extended by one year last February to include next season.  I went to the ticket office yesterday to further extend my ST by another year, on the Owls MasterCard 9 months interest free option, to include the 2020/21 season.  I was told that this isn't possible, you aren't allowed to extend an extension!

The Club is supposed to be staring P&S in the face but have turned down my £455.00, I can't be the only one.

1 hour ago, wisewoodowl said:

I'm in the last year of my three year ST, which I extended by one year last February to include next season.  I went to the ticket office yesterday to further extend my ST by another year, on the Owls MasterCard 9 months interest free option, to include the 2020/21 season.  I was told that this isn't possible, you aren't allowed to extend an extension!

The Club is supposed to be staring P&S in the face but have turned down my £455.00, I can't be the only one.

That’s nothing to do with the club but everything to do with financial rules and regulations.

I’m surprised this wasn’t explained to you at the time?

On 16/02/2019 at 11:00, morley said:

Cash flow obviously a big issue.

Selling multi year tickets will have no P & S advantages as the income will have to be accounted for in the season it relates to so only £455 (adult kop) will be allowable for next season but a 5 year ticket will bring £2,195 cash in now.

Once the cash injection has been spent then it's gone, it can't be spent again in the ensuing four years and that's what worries me.

We can't sustain these products to generate cash year on year unless we are seriously successful, and if the cash runs out we will be in serious trouble.

Ticket money is an offset for p+s.

We're in trouble now.

Selling tomorrow to fund today accounts for a small part of amount DC has loaned the club.

This marketing freeze is like giving a comb to a bald guy. Nowt.

We now need deep price cuts to attract fans for next season's kids and loan cast offs.

Even binning outta contract codgers, we also need player - trading by Brucey to get outta this mess.

And a share offering with votes and discount incentives.

Or Red Bull.

7 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

Can't fault you mate...I would do the same if I could run to it