Loans for next season

Guest wilyfox

10 hours ago, vulva said:

The Bruce ‘contacts’ bit means jack all in the modern era. Absolute balderdash. It’s 2019 not 1996. Loans these days are about loan fees, agents and kids on £30k per week in Chelsea reserves trying to get a game in the Bundesliga. 

Bruce’s peer group, his mates, are either managing in League 1 or getting fat in the Sky commentary box. 

To get loans these days you need to be mates with Jorge Mendes, not Jim Smith. 

Agreed it's not what it used to be. But I think we will find it a lot easier to get decent loan players under Bruce than we did Carlos or Jos. Bruce is well respected in the game and that will help us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vulva said:

The Bruce ‘contacts’ bit means jack all in the modern era. Absolute balderdash. It’s 2019 not 1996. Loans these days are about loan fees, agents and kids on £30k per week in Chelsea reserves trying to get a game in the Bundesliga. 

Bruce’s peer group, his mates, are either managing in League 1 or getting fat in the Sky commentary box. 

We got Iorfa from Wolves and ol' Mendes runs things around there

Maybe Bruce and Mendes go way back lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The best operators in the transfer market I've seen here were Atkinson and Megson. From afar it has always looked that Bruce has had a bit of magic when it comes to working in the Transfer Market. I remember when he was at Wigan and he signed Valencia, Figeuroa and Palacios. They made quite a profit on Valencia and Palacios in particular. We could do with a bit of that here TBH.

To be fair Turner at that level was brilliant in the transfer market. Problem was he couldn't manage the players he brought in.

12 hours ago, vulva said:

Even so Bruce will still have more pull than our previous 2 managers and must have better contacts.

I suppose we will see if and when we do attract some quality loans from the Prem.

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

Even so Bruce will still have more pull than our previous 2 managers and must have better contacts.

I suppose we will see if and when we do attract some quality loans from the Prem.

Jos did OK to get Hector and Onomah. If we can get 4 or 5 of that quality, I’d be happy

It is certain that Bruce has better contacts with both clubs and agents than we have had for the last few years.

He also knows how the deals get done and I have no doubt if he is left to get on with it we will see some positive signings. 

Subject to FFP of course 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Jos did OK to get Hector and Onomah. If we can get 4 or 5 of that quality, I’d be happy

Then Jos put his foot in it by slagging Onomah off after a match.

CC took players on loan and then didn't play them, that doesn't go down well with the parent club particularly if the are young players who need experience.

Bruce knows the ropes, other clubs know he will play loanees if they come here. That counts for a lot. Ideally we want loans with a view to buying them the season after if they work out. At least we should have some money by then.

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Some names which may be up for loan next season given their age and lack of first team opportunities:

Reece Oxford West Ham

Izzy Brown Chelsea

Ben Woodburn Liverpool

Tosin Adarabioyo Man City

Jack Harrison Man City

Regan Poole Man Utd

Angel Gomes Man Utd

George Hirst Stella Artois lol

I believe Reece Oxford is out of contract in the summer

37 minutes ago, prowl said:

CC took players on loan and then didn't play them, that doesn't go down well with the parent club particularly if the are young players who need experience.

Bruce knows the ropes, other clubs know he will play loanees if they come here. That counts for a lot. Ideally we want loans with a view to buying them the season after if they work out. At least we should have some money by then.

Yes, I’m far more confident that Bruce will use the market wisely. I know, our situation dictates he has to anyway, but recruitment is definitely his forte. Must admit, I wasn’t sure about the two he has already brought in on loan, but we will see how they turn out.

Personally I don’t envisage the mass turnover that some envisage. Out of the 32 first team squad members, I’d say we may see, at the most,10 players leaving, most of whom are currently not getting a look in. Looking at how that might pan out, I’d say we will be looking at 4 or 5 new recruits. For me at least, that’s a more realistic scenario, and avoids the previous high turnovers

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I believe Reece Oxford is out of contract in the summer

I'd think he'll cost millions in compensation - if he leaves. 

My predictions for next season's loans:

• At least one highly rated London based wonderkid who everyone raves about, and ends up not being very good.
  • At least one player no one has ever heard of, who no one understands their signing, who doesn't play for the first third of the season but actually ends up being pretty decent.

Nailed on.

3 hours ago, prowl said:

Not only will Bruce sign players to play. Clubs will see him as safe hands to develop their youngsters. Yes 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I'd think he'll cost millions in compensation - if he leaves. 

Think he is contracted till 2021.  May have a chance on loan. But seems to be another English young player trying to make a name for himself in Germany.

Edited by pazowl55