If the club ever changes the badge/logo again

3 minutes ago, hirstyno9 said:

This is purely hypothetical; I know that SWFC won’t be changing the club badge anytime soon, and I would personally prefer we went back to the simple classic Owl we ditched a few years back.

But I was thinking, if in the future we were to use something different what might it look like. Say SWFC ran a competition to design a new club badge/logo what would you want it to look like?

The current logo (although historical) is in no way imposing. It doesn’t strike fear into the hearts of our opponents. So with this in mind I’ve designed something that is a little more menacing! What are your thoughts? How would you feel about seeing this lit up on the back of the Kop?

Does anyone else fancy having a go at designing a new SWFC logo?

UTO

Does any club's badge do that?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, hirstyno9 said:

It doesn’t strike fear into the hearts of our opponents

Do logos/crests really do that?

Sorry @punkskaphil

Edited by Guest
actually read the thread

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Pissedup tiger is a bit lairy.

IMG_7872.JPG

Not true! The fear only sets in when the badge is accompanied with a rendition of "you're getting mauled by the Tigers". The badge alone isn't enough!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, hirstyno9 said:

So with this in mind I’ve designed something that is a little more menacing! What are your thoughts?

Good effort giving it a go, but I'd scrap it and start from scratch.

• Overall shape doesn't balance well: too tall
  • Inconsistent design styles: top portion of the badge is vintage and flat, while the lower portion is modern with design elements to give it a non-flat feel
  • For me the owl belongs to a US high school or college

I was always, and still am, a fan of our previous badge. If I really had to change it, I would work to maintain that iconic imagery, as it's second to none.

49 minutes ago, hirstyno9 said:

So with this in mind I’ve designed something that is a little more menacing! What are your thoughts?

Forgot to include one major non-subjective point. This is an important rule when it comes to design, specifically logo design.

• The small text "The Owls" stops being legible when the design size is reduced. Other text (e.g. 1867) may also be too small.

Part of what makes the previous badge so good is that it doesn't rely on text at all. The mark is instantly recognisable at a glance. From a branding perspective I still think Chansiri was mad to bin it, but do appreciate many fans like the new crest, just as Chansiri does.

As a rule, check how your designs appear at various sizes, as well as in black and white.

Here's your design reduced by 50%

image.png.91adae9eae4e25976c38f9547f7f64d9.png

44 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think tradition is important for our club, I also thing the club need to show it is the fans that make the team not the players or those in charge so for me the badge could  be simple but recognisable for everyone

See the source image

I definitely vote for this one.