Summer Sort Out

8 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Unfortunately Palmer has to go. We have just spent money in a replacement and given him a 3.5 year deal. We can’t afford both. Baker will have to act as back up

The only out of contract player worth keeping is Westwood. All the rest are part of the problem. The squad needs refreshing badly

Baker is not up to it, awful player

7 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Off the top of my head, thinking of the players out of contract I'd go with as below:

Abdi - release.

Hooper - release.

Lee - release.

Jones - release.

Boyd - release.

Matias - release.

Palmer - New deal.

Westwood - 1 year extension.

Just guess work but I reckon that alone would save us around £120k a week. That's enable us to bring in 3 decent loan players.

As for sales, it's always easier for us to say who we'd like to see go when there are no buyers but I'd like to see Van Aken, Nuhiu and Pelupessey.

I'd possibly loan out Wildsmith keeping Dawson as number 2 to Westwood (season after next he'd be number 1 with Wildsmith as 2) and I'd also like to see what Steve Bruce can get out of Jordan Rhodes. That said with FFP considerations I would consider offers for Rhodes, Forestier and Reach dependant on what the offers were.

I’m still waiting to judge Hooper until he returns, but the rest I completely agree with 

Joey and JVA will fetch buyers in their respective countries. Abdi will probably retire and Boyd & Jones will end up in the lower leagues 

28 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Baker is not up to it, awful player

The truth is we don't know if he's awful or just inexperienced. Players can come good as they develop. I don't know if he will make the grade or not. I'll trust Bruce to decide if Baker is worth persevering with.

28 minutes ago, prowl said:

The truth is we don't know if he's awful or just inexperienced. Players can come good as they develop. I don't know if he will make the grade or not. I'll trust Bruce to decide if Baker is worth persevering with.

Completely agree and I'm sure SB is a better judge of player than me but I fear the worst for Baker

• Like 1

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

As long as we are able to sell and bring players in with the FFP mess we are in.

I would like to see wholesale changes, the first time since Dc came to the club we can make some significant changes to the playing squad.

Of the players out of contract get rid of all of them except Westwood, Palmer and give Preston a year extension then send him out on loan for at least 6 months. We saw the way loans for Clare and Thorniley improve them as players.

Lee is currently injured, let him stay but on none contact terms, let him prove and keep his fitness and maybe we might resign him next season. I would hope he would with the fact we have stuck by him for 2 season while he has been injured.

Lees, Bannan, Forestieri all good players who have been not at their best for a while now, do we cash in and use the funds to bring in younger hungry players. 

I would like to see Hector signed, Venancio signed, DaSilva (loan from Chelsea), Maddison (Peterboro Free), Powell (Wigan free).

Then we need to thin the strikers out Rhodes and Fletcher are on a lot of money and 1 or both need selling to reduce the overheads and maybe bring in some funds. Then maybe if these two and Fessi leave look to getting a loan striker in or maybe looking at giving someone like Wickham a platform to restart his career.

Like I said we have an opportunity to restructure the whole team get youth and experience but energy back into the team like we had to first season after Stuart Gray had left us a very fit and energetic squad before Carlos work his magic on all of the players fitness.

Powell and Maddison aren’t good enough. 

Keep Westwood without breaking the bank. Then taking into consideration everyone who's on loan going back we should look to build the team around.

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Thorniley

Penney

Hutchinson

Bannan

Reach

Forestieri

Joao

Include into this a handful of the cream of the U23s in the likes of Kirby, Preston, Hunt, Lee and Borukov.

Add 4 or so new additions in the mould of what what Bruce thinks he needs in this league (not just stick with or renew contracts of players just for the sake of it).

Finally use his contacts to bring in 4 or so good loans.

The earlier the better in the close season for all this to take place so we hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Keep Westwood without breaking the bank. Then taking into consideration everyone who's on loan going back we should look to build the team around.

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Thorniley

Penney

Hutchinson

Bannan

Reach

Forestieri

Joao

Include into this a handful of the cream of the U23s in the likes of Kirby, Preston, Hunt, Lee and Borukov.

Add 4 or so new additions in the mould of what what Bruce thinks he needs in this league (not just stick with or renew contracts of players just for the sake of it).

Finally use his contacts to bring in 4 or so good loans.

The earlier the better in the close season for all this to take place so we hit the ground running.

From what I understand, none of those youngsters, bar perhaps Hunt, are likely to make it  The decision by Jos to elevate so many of them to the fringes of the first team, was one of the most bizarre decisions of his tenure

Hopefully Bruce will have a squad something like this going into next season

Offer contracts to Westwood and Palmer only. Try and sign Hector and Arrons on permenant deals if possible.

Westwood

Dawson

Wildsmith

Ifora.                   Lees.                Hector.             Prem Loan??

Palmer.               Prem loan?        Thorniley.           Fox

Reach                     Hutchinson.           Bannan.          Forestieri

Prem loan?            Prem loan??                                   Arrons.     

Fletcher.             Joao

Winnall.             Rhodes. 

Try and off load Nuhiu, Van Aken & Pelupessy 

Release:

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Lee

Hooper

Matias

Then refresh the squad completely in 2020 season, we might be something like competitive again in 2020 if Bruce is allowed to do his own thing.

3 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Hopefully Bruce will have a squad something like this going into next season

Offer contracts to Westwood and Palmer only. Try and sign Hector and Arrons on permenant deals if possible.

Westwood

Dawson

Wildsmith

Ifora.                   Lees.                Hector.             Prem Loan??

Palmer.               Prem loan?        Thorniley.           Fox

Reach                     Hutchinson.           Bannan.          Forestieri

Prem loan?            Prem loan??                                   Arrons.     

Fletcher.             Joao

Winnall.             Rhodes. 

Try and off load Nuhiu, Van Aken & Pelupessy 

Release:

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Lee

Hooper

Matias

Then refresh the squad completely in 2020 season, we might be something like competitive again in 2020 if Bruce is allowed to do his own thing.

I think that's not far off to be fair. Would like to see one of Winnall and Rhodes replaced with a forward that can play off the shoulder. Vital that we get a centre midfielder that can get box to box also.

6 minutes ago, wmb said:

I think that's not far off to be fair. Would like to see one of Winnall and Rhodes replaced with a forward that can play off the shoulder. Vital that we get a centre midfielder that can get box to box also.

Exactly what we've all been saying since 2016. We need a box to box beast. Hutch isn't the answer with his injury record

It’s clear players will be leaving looks like Steve Bruce wants to trim the squad down by releasing 5 or 6 . Whoever goes and whoever stays some fans won’t be happy , just think it’s a rebuilding process that will take time unless we get lucky so I am quite happy to leave it to Brucie because I like  the way he approaches games . Give the man a decent run 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Exactly what we've all been saying since 2016. We need a box to box beast. Hutch isn't the answer with his injury record

Been down in a few games so far and you thought oh no, that's Hutchinson out for 2 months. But he has got back up and carried on. Doing a good job at the moment. 

As with Palmer. Bruce will only be going on what he sees and so far all of our, oh he is not good or he will be injured or sent off in a minute from experiences in the past have been unfounded in the last few months.

18 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s clear players will be leaving looks like Steve Bruce wants to trim the squad down by releasing 5 or 6 . Whoever goes and whoever stays some fans won’t be happy , just think it’s a rebuilding process that will take time unless we get lucky so I am quite happy to leave it to brucie because I like  the way he approaches games . Give the man a decent run 

What's the other alternative then. 

We all pick them on here with a poll.

:manager:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Been down in a few games so far and you thought oh no, that's Hutchinson out for 2 months. But he has got back up and carried on. Doing a good job at the moment. 

As with Palmer. Bruce will only be going on what he sees and so far all of our, oh he is not good or he will be injured or sent off in a minute from experiences in the past have been unfounded in the last few months.

I'm not saying there isn't a role for hutch but he's not the athletic, box to box player we've been crying out for

He's more someone to sit and protect the back 4

32 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I'm not saying there isn't a role for hutch but he's not the athletic, box to box player we've been crying out for

He's more someone to sit and protect the back 4

Agreed. I was on about how his injury record seems to be better now. And I just saw you put midfield beast. which to be fair hutch is good enough to be that just not one that goes box to box.