Winnall

Pelupessy

Fox

Dawson

Stobbs

Penney

Baker

Kirby

2019: I'd offer a contract to Westwood and Palmer and release the rest.

2020: I'd transfer list all of them and see what offers come in. Offer contracts to Forestieri and Winnall if they perform well.

Who are on longer contracts than 2020 ?

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Bloody hell forgot about Rhodes !!!! GOOD SPOT.

My opinion would be to offload him on a permanent deal if possible but if we can get another loan deal similar to this seasons then that would suffice.

My own target would be Conor Wickham on loan.

I liked Wickham when he was with us before, and he’s certainly more mobile than Fletcher, but he still seems a bit old school Like to see us take a different approach, with a quicker leader of the line. Thankfully, Bruce usually looks for that type of player, think Abraham, Hernandez Getting one in on a budget, might be difficult, but we can’t carry on like this, it’s too grim

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ill go with (looking through the squad number list):

Keep - Bannan, Thorniley, Lees, Joao, Reach, Hutchinson, Baker, Dawson, Iorfa, Wildsmith, Hunt, Kirby, Rice, Lee, Penney, Shaw, Forestieri

Transfer List - van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy, Fletcher, Winnall, Nuhiu, Stobbs

Offer Contract - Westwood, Matias

Release - Palmer, Jones, Lee, Hooper, Boyd, Abdi, O'Grady, Neilson, Pudil, Preston,

On top of this I would do anything to sign Hector up.

Lee and Hooper I would love to still ne here but cant see them getting back to what they were after being out for so long.

Palmer is thriving under new regime imo.

what would you do with Rhodes? 

Guest LittleG
19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Bloody hell forgot about Rhodes !!!! GOOD SPOT.

My opinion would be to offload him on a permanent deal if possible but if we can get another loan deal similar to this seasons then that would suffice.

My own target would be Conor Wickham on loan.

I'd love Conor Wickham back here but dont think he'll want to drop back down to championship.

27 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Palmer is thriving under new regime imo.

what would you do with Rhodes? 

I agree he is thriving but we have to be aiming for better if we want to progress. That's the case with some of the others, Fox is currently playing well but if we start our season with these two at full back we wont be having a promotion push.

Our strikers are weird as there all decent we just cant get the best out of them.

Rhodes i would get out if possible, perm move if someone will take him but I'd settle for another loan deal like this one

• Like 1

Definitely offer deals to Westwood and Palmer.

Palmer came through the youth ranks, so cost us nothing, and we know he’s competent in this league at the very least. Would be criminal to let him go for nothing.

For similar reasons I’d offer Nielsen and Preston deals and immediately get them out on loan to lower league teams.

Letting players go for nothing is something we’ve done all too often. Needs to change. Particularly when talking about youth products.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Definitely offer deals to Westwood and Palmer.

Palmer came through the youth ranks, so cost us nothing, and we know he’s competent in this league at the very least. Would be criminal to let him go for nothing.

For similar reasons I’d offer Nielsen and Preston deals and immediately get them out on loan to lower league teams.

Letting players go for nothing is something we’ve done all too often. Needs to change. Particularly when talking about youth products.

Agree about Palmer and Westwood As for the two youngsters, from the limited exposure I’ve seen, I wouldn’t keep them. Others who watch football at that level, are probably better qualified to comment

Matias is the only other one I’d consider, but I don’t think he’d stay anyway. Think if he had indicated he would like to stay, he would be playing now. He offers more than Boyd, and is the only contracted player with real pace.

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I agree he is thriving but we have to be aiming for better if we want to progress. That's the case with some of the others, Fox is currently playing well but if we start our season with these two at full back we wont be having a promotion push.

Our strikers are weird as there all decent we just cant get the best out of them.

Rhodes i would get out if possible, perm move if someone will take him but I'd settle for another loan deal like this one

I’m inclined to agree with regards both Palmer and Fox to a point . If we can get full time (stronger) replacements both we be good back ups. However (Palmer in particular), I feel under the SB  team of coaches there is still some improvement still to come.

Rhodes is an enigma and again under SB maybe he has someone that knows what to do to get the best out of him. Not least because he’s a very British coach. Rhodes has not had the benefit of that for some time. 

Edited by Mister Soul

28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree about Palmer and Westwood As for the two youngsters, from the limited exposure I’ve seen, I wouldn’t keep them. Others who watch football at that level, are probably better qualified to comment

Matias is the only other one I’d consider, but I don’t think he’d stay anyway. Think if he had indicated he would like to stay, he would be playing now. He offers more than Boyd, and is the only contracted player with real pace.

Matias is a funny one. There’s definitely a player there but the injury record is truly horrendous. Seems pointless to persist with him.

The reason I’d offer the 2 youngsters deals, is purely about getting some value out of them. Put ourselves in a position where we can command a fee if we decide they won’t cut it for us.

As a club, we need to be in the driving seat (to some extent) when it comes to these young lads careers. We develop them as young players and the mentality needs to change to that of a lot of other clubs - if they can’t get in the first team, we get them out on loan as often as possible. Chances are they will hold some value to teams lower than us on the football ladder. 

Giving players away for nothing is criminally stupid imo. In our current predicament it’s even more ridiculous. Need to start getting these lads out on loan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ill go with (looking through the squad number list):

Keep - Bannan, Thorniley, Lees, Joao, Reach, Hutchinson, Baker, Dawson, Iorfa, Wildsmith, Hunt, Kirby, Rice, Lee, Penney, Shaw, Forestieri

Transfer List - van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy, Fletcher, Winnall, Nuhiu, Stobbs

Offer Contract - Westwood, Matias

Release - Palmer, Jones, Lee, Hooper, Boyd, Abdi, O'Grady, Neilson, Pudil, Preston,

On top of this I would do anything to sign Hector up.

Lee and Hooper I would love to still ne here but cant see them getting back to what they were after being out for so long.

wee wee take, surely pal? 

OUT - Wildsmith, Baker, Van Aken, Fox, Pudil, Jones, Lee (unless he proves fitness), Stobbs, Abdi, Matias, Pelupessy, Boyd, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Hooper (16 out)

Keep the rest

SIGN - 2x centre backs (if Iorfa is to be used at R/B), left back, right midfield, centre midfield, striker (6 in)

Hopefully Hector one of the centre backs

6 hours ago, bobowl said:

I think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed next season if they think we are gonna hit the transfer market with multi millions. We should just leave Bruce to it and hope he can get some bargains. Some of the academy players are gonna have to step up as well.

There will be plenty of free transfers available in the summer ,and with Bruce`s contacts in the game , im confident we can get some quality players in without having to spend transfer fees. 

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Sign Hector

Try to sell:-

Pudil

Baker

JVA

Lee

Joey

Abdi

Matias

Forestieri

Hooper

Winnall

Rhodes

Got to turn over a completely new leaf and get rid of the players who are not good enough or too often injured.

How do you sell Pudil, Lee, Matias, Abdi and Hooper who are all out of contract?