Summer Sort Out

So as we are all aware there is a big job for Bruce to do with this squad in the summer. Just wondering what the general consensus was as to who should stay or go.

So basically you are in Bruce's shoes, the choices are for the out of contract players, Offer Contract or Release. And for the under contract players Keep or Transfer List.

Who goes where ???

OK let me start If Bruce is looking to give them all a chance to impress, then the first candidate for a renewal is Palmer His standards of late have been excellent. Obviously, on form alone, keeping Westwood would be a no brainer There may be other factors involved in that decision though Everyone else has it to prove over the rest of the season

Ill go with (looking through the squad number list):

Keep - Bannan, Thorniley, Lees, Joao, Reach, Hutchinson, Baker, Dawson, Iorfa, Wildsmith, Hunt, Kirby, Rice, Lee, Penney, Shaw, Forestieri

Transfer List - van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy, Fletcher, Winnall, Nuhiu, Stobbs

Offer Contract - Westwood, Matias

Release - Palmer, Jones, Lee, Hooper, Boyd, Abdi, O'Grady, Neilson, Pudil, Preston,

On top of this I would do anything to sign Hector up.

Lee and Hooper I would love to still ne here but cant see them getting back to what they were after being out for so long.

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

OK let me start If Bruce is looking to give them all a chance to impress, then the first candidate for a renewal is Palmer His standards of late have been excellent. Obviously, on form alone, keeping Westwood would be a no brainer There may be other factors involved in that decision though Everyone else has it to prove over the rest of the season

Agree with that.

As things stand, new contracts for Palmer and Westwood.

Release Pudil, Jones, Abdi, Boyd and, Matias.

Assess how Lee and Hooper come back after injury.

Try and sell Nuhiu, Van Aken and Rhodes.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Keep - Bannan, Thorniley, Lees, Joao, Reach, Hutchinson, Baker, Dawson, Iorfa, Wildsmith, Hunt, Kirby, Rice, Lee, Penney, Shaw, Forestieri

Release - Palmer, Jones, Lee, Hooper, Boyd, Abdi, O'Grady, Neilson, Pudil, Preston,

Lee and Hooper I would love to still ne here but cant see them getting back to what they were after being out for so long.

This.

We've been saying this for at least two years after the Portuguese project faltered.  Carlos had a go, his attacking prowess was top notch for a year or two but organising a defense became his undoing as he tried to adjust to the championship enough to get us over the line

Free flowing intricate passing was sussed out and ultimatly didn't come up to the mark enough to get us promoted. 

Everone saw we needed at least some pace and power.

We're still at square one and the players are getting older with less resale value.

Absolutely nothing has been done yet to rectify anything after our failure.

Wonder how Bruce will see this situation.  Is it up to him to wheel and deal?  Moneys got to come from somewhere otherwise we'll just flounder on again and we can change Hillsbrough into an old peoples home.  Good luck Bruce.

10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

So you would release Palmer who have probably been our best player over the last month or so. But keep Matias. 

Personally I think Abdi and Matias are the two players he has already made his mind up are gone.

Keepers

Westwood - offer contract

Wildsmith - loan out

Defenders

Pudil - release

palmer - release

Hector - sign

Midfielders 

abdi

boyd

jones

18 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Matias ???? Get shut

A lot will depend on FFP.

Westwood and Palmer deserve new contracts. I'd like to keep Hooper and Lee but we've got to be pragmatic, unless they can prove they can stay fit they are a luxury we can't afford, shame because I think they both make us tick.

Jones, Boyd and Abdi can all go, they've been good players in their time but not for us for a variety of reasons and we can't afford to keep them.

Pudil looks past it now.

Bannan, Thorniley, Lees, Joao, Reach, Hutchinson,  Dawson, Iorfa, Wildsmith,  Forestieri all worth keeping unless we get decent money for them. All are for sale at the right price.

van Aken,  Pelupessy, Get rid at any price

Fletcher, Winnall, Nuhiu, Fletcher has been good but doesn't score enough and he's on big money, he can go. Winnall, a natural scorer but not great technically, ok as a back up but if we can get money for him I'd not lose any sleep over him. Nuhiu, the enigma, keeps getting game time from every manager but I can't see why. He's cheap so I'd be happy to keep him if he serves a purpose even if it is just to offer something different in the last 10 minutes when we are in front.

I've forgotten Fox, I'd keep him, he's put in some good performances recently, he's probably not on a big wage and he'd be competent cover.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So you would release Palmer who have probably been our best player over the last month or so. But keep Matias. 

Personally I think Abdi and Matias are the two players he has already made his mind up are gone.

I agree, definitely keep Palmer. I also don't think releasing both Fletcher and Nuhiu is a great idea unless we get another big guy up top for when the situation needs it, but would we really get better?

29 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Offer Westwood new contract,  offer Hector permanent deal and release the rest of the out of contract players.

100% this. So important imo we get Westwood to sign a new contract, be a massive mistake to lose him. For me he is still one of the best keepers in the league and will win us points through out the season. 

35 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Matias? Based on what? Pretty much agree other than this. 

3 minutes ago, jomaco said:

I agree, definitely keep Palmer. I also don't think releasing both Fletcher and Nuhiu is a great idea unless we get another big guy up top for when the situation needs it, but would we really get better?

Be lucky if we get rid of one of them, definitely won't lose them both.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

100% this. So important imo we get Westwood to sign a new contract, be a massive mistake to lose him. For me he is still one of the best keepers in the league and will win us points through out the season. 

No coincidence that we're keeping clean sheets. I'm not even convinced it's his goal keeping that's the key, which is decent but more to do with his constant shouting and organisation.