Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on us finishing top half of the table this season? 

 

We we are currently 4 points off with a game in hand of most. 

 

Realistically play offs is going to be a long shot now, but a half decent finish should see us top half? 

 

I also had had a bet at 5/1 a month back as I thought we’d only get stronger with Bruce in charge, and returning players such as Forestieri, Hooper, and Westwood (plus the 3 new signings). 

 

Good punt or do people think we will actually finish 13th or lower? 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm almost certain we will finish top half, top ten will be decent considering. 

I'm also actually not dreading March 4th like i would have been under JL.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

I also had had a bet at 5/1 a month back as I thought we’d only get stronger with Bruce in charge, and returning players such as Forestieri, Hooper, and Westwood (plus the 3 new signings). 

 

Good punt or do people think we will actually finish 13th or lower? 

 

I'm on that bet, seemed like value to me, we know the players are capable...

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on us finishing top half of the table this season? 

 

We we are currently 4 points off with a game in hand of most. 

 

Realistically play offs is going to be a long shot now, but a half decent finish should see us top half? 

 

I also had had a bet at 5/1 a month back as I thought we’d only get stronger with Bruce in charge, and returning players such as Forestieri, Hooper, and Westwood (plus the 3 new signings). 

 

Good punt or do people think we will actually finish 13th or lower? 

 

Was confident that with the arrival of Bruce that he would have rallied the troops especially with the standard of opposition we have faced since his arrival and would have taken the game to them.  But it seems to have taken a don't lose approach to these games and the entertainment value has been no better than the rest of the season. 

 

Hope he makes me eat my words.  Starting at Rotherham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless we suddenly turn around our abysmal goal scoring form then we may struggle to finish top half. We're struggling to score against bottom sides, not sure how we going to manage to do so against better opposition 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

 

I'm on that bet, seemed like value to me, we know the players are capable...

 

Likewise. £120 for a £20 stake seemed a bargain. Hopefully a striker will find his boots before May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

 

Likewise. £120 for a £20 stake seemed a bargain. Hopefully a striker will find his boots before May.

 

Hoopers return...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be typically Wednesday if for last few games of season with the pressure off a bit we put some form together and finish in the top half when they is not much to play for.

Don't think it will have any bearing on how next season starts with the amount of personal changes likely to take place.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slinger208b said:

 

Hoopers return...

 

Hooper not played for over year and still '2 weeks' away, meaning will only be available at best for about 10 games of which will only start 2 or 3 at best I should think.

Changes of him getting sharpness back before end of season I should think are zero to slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, we'll be top half.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest,  I can't wait for this nightmare season to finish . The summer gives Bruce the chance to clear the decks and rebuild for a good go at it next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

To be honest,  I can't wait for this nightmare season to finish . The summer gives Bruce the chance to clear the decks and rebuild for a good go at it next season.

I seriously doubt we will have a good go next season. Too much to do for that to happen. Clear out the dead wood, find a system that suits us and bring in some decent loans on the cheap and I'll be very happy. I think it will be the year after before we can go for it.

 

If DC gets us out of P & S we might have a bit more chance but it looks to me like we are sleepwalking in to an embargo. We needed to raise some money in the January window and didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cups always half full, the clubs above will all hit the skids and the MASSIVE will go up :Chansiri:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have everything crossed as I pull in a cool grand if we finish top half.

 

I was very positive (hence bunging on some money at what seemed very generous odds) but the last few games have dampened my spirits a little - we could/should have been around the top half already had we taken our chances.

 

I am still very hopeful however! :carlos:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mancowl08 said:

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on us finishing top half of the table this season? 

 

We we are currently 4 points off with a game in hand of most. 

 

Realistically play offs is going to be a long shot now, but a half decent finish should see us top half? 

 

I also had had a bet at 5/1 a month back as I thought we’d only get stronger with Bruce in charge, and returning players such as Forestieri, Hooper, and Westwood (plus the 3 new signings). 

 

Good punt or do people think we will actually finish 13th or lower? 

Obviously I want us to win every game but as long as we are safe I don’t think our position this season really matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But...I thought we were getting in the play offs? 

 

The players said that 9, 11, 12 (take your pick) points is more than catchable. 

 

There's nothing that's happened in the last 18 months for me to doubt them :carlosswfc:

Edited by SiJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All depends on whether we win, lose, or draw our remaining matches and the results of the other clubs in the league also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×