Jordan Rhodes Class Act!

This isn't the first time we've seen a post like this is it about Rhodes.

I bet for every one of these we see, there are probably umpteen we don't too.

It's something that is easy to do, but so few seem to do it.   I believe the word i'm looking for here is "Humble"

Not just a generic reply, absolutely lovely to see the human touch.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, schapmanowl said:

Top man is Jordan Rhodes. Letter to a fan who was bullied. Hope he comes back next year and proves the doubters wrong.

Screenshot_20190213-231113_Facebook.jpg

I think we’d all like him to prove the doubters wrong. Unfortunately, he doesn’t look like he can do that at present. It’s a crying shame. 

In terms of his altruism. We’ve also seen this sort of thing from Forestieri and Westwood quite a bit. Didn’t Liam Palmer help an ill child recently (was that Palmer)? Semedo and Loovens were very big into the Sheffield community and good deeds. Anyway, it’s a great thing that Rhodes has done but I think it’s pretty much par for the course for your modern day footballer. 

2 hours ago, marble said:

You can't deny his quality as a bloke. Would be great to see him scoring regularly in our colours. Seems like a lot would need to happen though..FFP, Bruce fancying him, him hitting form & so on. Good luck Jordan 

The one thing going for him to return, is that if we can't buy any players regardless, because embargo will hit anyway (not saying it will but a possibility) then SB might want to keep him since we can't sign another striker, so might be a chance yet

Must be one of the perks of the job that they can influence "strangers" lives if only in a small way and that they can do such much good by being professional footballers.   

Wouldn't surprise me that they are many similar stories that go unnoticed, unfortunately, it's rare we read of these stories in the media, they tend to concentrate on the more negative side of footballers lives.  

8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

This isn't the first time we've seen a post like this is it about Rhodes.

I bet for every one of these we see, there are probably umpteen we don't too.

It's something that is easy to do, but so few seem to do it.   I believe the word i'm looking for here is "Humble"

Not just a generic reply, absolutely lovely to see the human touch.

agree again well done Jordan

it;s not that easy  suspect some footballers millionaires these days couldn't or wouldn't bother string a couple of sentences together feckin worlds gone mad 

these guys have to realise that they are idols and there is responsibility in that 

examples like defoe's care for that young sunderland fan was wonderful, as is this continuous evidence that Rhodes actually gets it as does FF from snippets I've seen 

love it 

He did the same for my lad last year, we managed to get almost the full 11 first teams signatures on match day in a programme and only when on the way home did we realise he had lost it. 

His favourite player is JR and we wrote to him and got these back.

He treasures them and they have pride of place in his room. 

JR is alright in my book despite what happens on the pitch or wherever he plays. 

5D97DCB5-B455-49F9-B0A1-C4DA0D1E7861.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, torres said:

Amazing Jordan, what a fine human being he is. 

That is what football is really all about. 

I doubt ive ever been prouder of our £10m, £40k a week centre forward 

I don’t understand if this is sarcasm or not? Honest question?

6 hours ago, jomaco said:

The one thing going for him to return, is that if we can't buy any players regardless, because embargo will hit anyway (not saying it will but a possibility) then SB might want to keep him since we can't sign another striker, so might be a chance yet

Wow - not a fan? WTF: