Could have been...

34 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Fine margins...we’ve thrown 6 points away against WBA and Birmingham over 3 games!! 

We should have beaten reading based on the game and chances...point away at Millwall is always a point gained imo!!

that difference between us and the top 6, they’re ruthless and we’re not.

If that had happened, Jos would still be here :blink: :rolleyes: :sad: :ohmy: :wacko: :unsure: 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We are miles away from being a top six team . 

Agree. Of course, I'd take it but like I said yesterday it would just continue to mask our underlying issues, many of which I believe to be mental. Consistency, general mental frailty, no sacrificial mindest, never say die attitude, lack of leadership.....etc, etc. Then there are the technical shortcomings along with the squad imbalance.

It's a big job and one that will only be fully addressed with a very honest assessment.  This includes being able to see through those players that flatter to deceive.  

I’m confident for next season, pick a consistent team, manager now knows the division inside out etc etc....we need a bit of luck with injuries but so does everybody else.

If we could scrape together the funds to resign Westwood & Hector (on a loan) then find a way that FF, Fletch, Joao , Reach, Bannan can do their stuff consistently then we’ve got half a chance 

Even at 7 points out you’re still only in 13th spot. 7 points away and in 7th is something you’d think may be achievable but in 13th it’s not just the 7 points you need to claw back against one team but also hope 6 more teams don’t do the same or better. 

There are some very good teams between us and 6th so you’d expect a few of them to go on a run between now and end of season. 

Guest Jack the Hat
9 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

7 points from 6th spot tonight if we had put Reading and Millwall away. 

The boys must be kicking themselves. 

I'm optimistic when it comes to Wednesday but we deserve our position. It's nearly march and we have yet to win by more than one goal.we are decidedly average and awful in midfield - with little creativity. Work in progress.

Looking on the bright side in the twelve games since Jo’s left we’ve conceded eight goals. Three v Chelsea and hull respectively , leaving two in ten from the remainder. That’s a very impressive defensive record from a team that couldn’t keep a clean sheet and wa# shipping goals for fun.  IF we could hooper fit and firing the goals would come. If not then hopefully a new striker is top of the shopping list for summer.

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

Agree. Of course, I'd take it but like I said yesterday it would just continue to mask our underlying issues, many of which I believe to be mental. Consistency, general mental frailty, no sacrificial mindest, never say die attitude, lack of leadership.....etc, etc. Then there are the technical shortcomings along with the squad imbalance.

It's a big job and one that will only be fully addressed with a very honest assessment.  This includes being able to see through those players that flatter to deceive.  

This is by far the best post ive seen on here this season. Especially the end part. As good as some of our players are (Bannan & Reach spring to mind) they flatter to deceive and in Bannan's case are very good at masking it !!!

• Thanks 1