Last nights clash of kit

4 hours ago, Growl67 said:

Ok I’m getting on a bit and my eyesight is not the best but I had real problems making out the 2 teams on Tuesday night. I’m totally baffled why the officials wouldn't let us to play in our change kit but we’re ok with 2 shades of blue.

I'm guessing we didn't take the black one.

The EFL have admitted it was because we both have dark sleeves

5 hours ago, Growl67 said:

Ok I’m getting on a bit and my eyesight is not the best but I had real problems making out the 2 teams on Tuesday night. I’m totally baffled why the officials wouldn't let us to play in our change kit but we’re ok with 2 shades of blue.

Imagine if we didnt have stripes like last season, would have been called off.

On 13/02/2019 at 17:51, Norwegianowls said:

On Ifollow the commentators said the referee had rejected our second kit because he claimed it was hard to see if it's a handball with it. 

Thats one special ref. 

As he strove to prove for the rest of the 101 minutes. 

On 13/02/2019 at 17:58, bobness said:

That's because the ball is also yellow, making it more difficult to see color contrast between the ball and the shirt. For example, if the player makes contact with the ball using their upper body, it might be difficult to tell if it hit their upper arm or chest. 

On that logic. Norwich shouldn't be allowed to play in their home kit during winter months.

Was a very strange decision to allow Blue v Blue as opposed to Blue v Yellow

2 hours ago, Class of 91 said:

On that logic. Norwich shouldn't be allowed to play in their home kit during winter months.

Was a very strange decision to allow Blue v Blue as opposed to Blue v Yellow

I agree, it does seem a bit bonkers, but I believe that was the rationale. And as you point out, even more bonkers, considering Milwall's home kit appeared to clash with our black away kit.