Matias

We've looked balanced with him on the right and based on this season he's done alright.

He was always in Carlos' B Team, struggled with the injury thing and I get all that but in the here and now would much rather Reach on the left, him on the right and get shut of Boyd.  All this based on not having seen the new players yet.

When FF isn't fit we're really lacking in players that can carry a ball forward or beat a man. I think we looked better at times with Mathias in the side this season. Think he's unlucky to get left out completely but with Boyd now playing, FF getting fit and Bruce bringing in loanees I think we're unlikely to see more of him in a Wednesday shirt

If Matias can’t get in ahead of either Reach or Boyd, then if he’s not injured, his face doesn’t fit with Bruce. He offers more threat than either of those two, and is also better at the defensive stuff. Maybe he’s decided he wants out anyway, in which case, you can understand Bruce not playing him. Either way, it must be obvious to Bruce, that Reach and Boyd are not the answer

Bruce has a big juggling act to do with squad in the remaining games if he is to give everyone ,including Matias, the chance he promised when he arrived.

There are only 15 games left this season

There is a first team squad of 32 if the kids that Jos promoted are excluded. 

He is looks unlikely to drop the likes of Hector, Westwood, Hutchinson, Bannan, Reach and Forestieri.

So with roughly 26 players to experiment with in the remaining games, it seems pretty clear some of them are only going to get a chance to prove themselves in training or U23 games. 

Matias probably has a better chance than Abdi, Jones, Van Aken, Winnall, Pudil, etc. but not much in reality.

He did say in an interview that he was undecided about whether he’d stay Obviously he has to be offered a contract first, but it’s far from clear whether he’d sign it or not To be fair, it can’t be much fun playing the way we play, it’s bad enough having to watch it

55 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Been a failed bit of business for us.

Though given our lack of pace I don't think he should be overlooked - if fit- as he is someone, one of the very, very few, that actually looks to make a run in behind the opposition. 

Very true. If only he could do something with it once he gets there then he may find himself in the team.

:manager: