Matias

15 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Matias should be in the side for me. He's shown some decent graft this season, working back and making tackles. Some on here should give him his due for that, rather than still harbouring opinions from a year ago.

Nando left, Matias right, Joao thru the middle with Reach or Aarons in behind. Bannan and Hutch behind that.

Just didn't have words seeing Bannan, Hutch and Pessy together on the teamsheet. Don't know who Bruce expected to support Fletch in that lineup..

He will be on 15-20k per week, the bare minimum he should show is graft

his job on the pitch as a forward payer is to score goals or create chances. This is his 3rd season here now and I don't think I've ever seen him take on his man. For our 1.5m outlay we have had 42 appearances and 5 goals. get rid as soon as. complete waste of a wage

Just now, yeadonowl said:

He will be on 15-20k per week, the bare minimum he should show is graft

his job on the pitch as a forward payer is to score goals or create chances. This is his 3rd season here now and I don't think I've ever seen him take on his man. For our 1.5m outlay we have had 42 appearances and 5 goals. get rid as soon as. complete waste of a wage

He's been fit all season, and I'm not going to blame him for being injured under Carlos, else you'd better be laying into Lee and Hooper as well.

1st think Bullen did when Jos left was put Matias in a starting spot as a wide forward in a 4231. And we won. Kept him there the next game and we won again. Joao and reach on the wings was a big part of that imo. Matias was making some great runs in behind and was unlucky not to back a couple more goals during those games.

Now here we are with Bruce deciding that Reach and Boyd should be out wide outballs.. Neither particularly quick, and we look devoid of ideas and struggle to create chances, let alone score goals. Matias hasn't had a peep.

We're going backwards. Hopefully it's to come forwards, but I'm a bit alarmed that Bruce is so far putting 'names' ahead of attributes. Maybe this is him 'giving everyone a chance', but it seems utterly stupid to me to have Joao, Matias and Aarons all available and leave them all out. Every team needs a bit of pace, and we're putting slow-coaches out wide and playing 2 defensive mids and a deep-lying playmaker.

This season feels utterly done at this point, and it's probably better to save some money between now and next season. Actually including a bit of pace might give us a chance. The playoff aren't totally out of sight, (boro 6 points from 15, utd 8 points from 18, west brom 5 from 15) there are wobbles going on. It would take some serious doing, but atm we're not even giving ourselves a chance with the 11 we're putting out.

22 minutes ago, cookeh said:

He's been fit all season, and I'm not going to blame him for being injured under Carlos, else you'd better be laying into Lee and Hooper as well.

1st think Bullen did when Jos left was put Matias in a starting spot as a wide forward in a 4231. And we won. Kept him there the next game and we won again. Joao and reach on the wings was a big part of that imo. Matias was making some great runs in behind and was unlucky not to back a couple more goals during those games.

Now here we are with Bruce deciding that Reach and Boyd should be out wide outballs.. Neither particularly quick, and we look devoid of ideas and struggle to create chances, let alone score goals. Matias hasn't had a peep.

We're going backwards. Hopefully it's to come forwards, but I'm a bit alarmed that Bruce is so far putting 'names' ahead of attributes. Maybe this is him 'giving everyone a chance', but it seems utterly stupid to me to have Joao, Matias and Aarons all available and leave them all out. Every team needs a bit of pace, and we're putting slow-coaches out wide and playing 2 defensive mids and a deep-lying playmaker.

This season feels utterly done at this point, and it's probably better to save some money between now and next season. Actually including a bit of pace might give us a chance. The playoff aren't totally out of sight, (boro 6 points from 15, utd 8 points from 18, west brom 5 from 15) there are wobbles going on. It would take some serious doing, but atm we're not even giving ourselves a chance with the 11 we're putting out.

I wouldn’t say Matias out of the side is going backwards.

I’d say it’s a positive step forward, as he’s not very good. 

Suggests that the quality of player next season will be of a far higher standard 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Watto said:

So that's :Abdi

Matias

Jones

Winnall

Pudil

These are all being overlooked at the minute , any other senior pros I've forgot are available ?

With the exception of Abdi, I suspect the rest are being looked over rather than being overlooked. With Fletch, Joao, Forestieri and Nuhiu involved. Where do you put Winnall? Winnall has shown nothing. The defence has been great, so Pudil will have to wait. Matias will almost certainly get a chance now after that horror show from Boyd last night.

Jones is flipping tug and it probably took Bruce one look in the car park to drop him.

Guest Bulgaria
16 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

We should ask him to make another cake ball..

Actually, on second thoughts maybe not. It would keep falling off the table, the icing would be rolling around on the floor and only put in an appearance when it's near its sell by date.

2 hours ago, Watto said:

So that's :Abdi

Matias

Jones

Winnall

Pudil

These are all being overlooked at the minute , any other senior pros I've forgot are available ?

Van Aken  

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Honestly think Rhodes will be given a chance under Bruce and I for think we will see the real player under a proper manager unlike dumb and dumber who have wasted his talent.

Hope you are wrong pal. I have everything crossed Norwich sign him 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Hope you are wrong pal. I have everything crossed Norwich sign him 

Why, take the Reading game as an example  if he played that he would have room at least one of the chances that we wasted and we would have won the game.

He has scored the same amount of goals as our top scorer and has hardly played.

The lad is a natural finisher and if he can rediscover his form under Bruce then he will be the best striker in this league.

11 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Why, take the Reading game as an example  if he played that he would have room at least one of the chances that we wasted and we would have won the game.

He has scored the same amount of goals as our top scorer and has hardly played.

The lad is a natural finisher and if he can rediscover his form under Bruce then he will be the best striker in this league.

Why?

The main reason is I’ve seen him play for the past 2 years. He’s on ridiculous amounts of money and he isn’t very good.

The best thing for our club is if he gets moved on.