Over paid and under performing

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:59, flo said:

Well the standard of the championship may have improved while these players haven't. So they may be performing but now they are not good enough. 

Which if true backs the OP's main point, being the imporatance of keeping the squad fresh and current.

As a side question, do you tihnk FF is playing to his full ability, but is now simply not up to Championship standard?

Edited by pussface

On 13/02/2019 at 11:15, RichSheffWeds said:

The playing squad we have now is essentially from Carlos time at the Club. 

The playing staff as a whole have let down successive managers, the Chairman and fans big time. Under performing is an under statement. Too many happy to take big money and give little in return.

Whilst Bruce has said he will give each player a chance, his patience will start to wear thin with this lot.

Time for fundamental change for me. If we can some how get through FFP issues then I hope Bruce ships out as many as he can and starts to build a fresh with hungrier, more motivated players that have the right mind set.

Cant wait to see changes in the summer.

I was involved in a conversation last night with a fellow wednesdayite, discussing our chances for Saturday, when we got onto our chances for next term.

I/we figured, that given some good appointments (through loans, or even signings if we're lucky), carrying on with a solid defence, next term we should be in with a realistic chance of challenging for the play offs, and that any real threat from us was more likely to come the season after.

on that point we ventured into IF we're not going to be anymore than 'thereabouts' for the season and a bit, why wouldn't we look at moving on such players as ff, bannan, reach, and co NOW whilst they have a value to us, and NOT having them on the books 2 years on and 2 years older, when we're looking to hit home a more realistic promotion push? 

we've seen how quickly other members of our squad have disappeared 'over the hill' in the last 12 months.