Over paid and under performing

The playing squad we have now is essentially from Carlos time at the Club. 

The playing staff as a whole have let down successive managers, the Chairman and fans big time. Under performing is an under statement. Too many happy to take big money and give little in return.

Whilst Bruce has said he will give each player a chance, his patience will start to wear thin with this lot.

Time for fundamental change for me. If we can some how get through FFP issues then I hope Bruce ships out as many as he can and starts to build a fresh with hungrier, more motivated players that have the right mind set.

Cant wait to see changes in the summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

The playing staff as a whole have let down successive managers, the Chairman and fans big time. Under performing is an under statement. Too many happy to take big money and give little in return.

Whilst Bruce has said he will give each player a chance, his patience will start to wear thin with this lot.

Time for fundamental change for me. If we can some how get through FFP issues then I hope Bruce ships out as many as he can and starts to build a fresh with hungrier, more motivated players that have the right mind set.

That's a bit harsh mate. You can always see their effort. I think the case is that they're either playing against the wrong tactics/formation (or don't fully understand them yet) or they're not good enough. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

This squad is stale , there is no doubting that , and needs breaking up. They have had three years together but we havnt progressed . 

Perfect word to describe. Our squad has had it's day. 2yrs top end, 2yrs decline through age, injury, and loss of form. DC must allow Bruce to trade players. 

Edited by wilyfox

15 minutes ago, flo said:

How do you know they are underperforming? This might just be how good they actually are. 

There are plenty of examples of under performing relative to their history and current salaries.

Abdi - played most games for Watford in promotion season and in Premier League

Jones - consistent performer at various Championship clubs previously

Boyd - as per Jones but at Burnley, had been a regular, consistent player

Forestieri - not been on his A game for 2 years

Fletcher - produced the goods at a higher/equivalent level

Off the top of my head there's five examples of players that have come with reputations or performed well previously and have given us next to nothing in last 2 years.

I'd say that's under performing on any reasonable measure given costs, expectations and experience.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shandypants said:

That's a bit harsh mate. You can always see their effort. I think the case is that they're either playing against the wrong tactics/formation (or don't fully understand them yet) or they're not good enough. 

Its a view based on seeing them for last 2 years now under 3 different managers.

18 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

There are plenty of examples of under performing relative to their history and current salaries.

Off the top of my head there's five examples of players that have come with reputations or performed well previously and have given us next to nothing in last 2 years.

I'd say that's under performing on any reasonable measure given costs, expectations and experience.

Well the standard of the championship may have improved while these players haven't. So they may be performing but now they are not good enough. 

17 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I thought that he was as good as we have seen him in that short period after his comeback last season. Unfortunately, the season ended and this one started with his troubles at Mansfield and more injury issues. Hopefully, with a few more matches under his belt, he will have quite a bit more to offer.

48 minutes ago, flo said:

How do you know they are underperforming? This might just be how good they actually are. 

The scary thing is, it’s very likely true, however SB must have plans that we are not privi to, he’s sorted out our previously crap defence , I wager that he will continue with mid-field, and of course he still has the future of Sam Winnall and Jordan Rhodes to ponder on.

15 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

The scary thing is, it’s very likely true, however SB must have plans that we are not privi to, he’s sorted out our previously crap defence , I wager that he will continue with mid-field, and of course he still has the future of Sam Winnall and Jordan Rhodes to ponder on.

Lee bullen sorted out our previously crap defence by recalling Westwood & hutch and picking players in their correct positions,

all that’s happened since is we’ve played a settled back line

26 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

Lee bullen sorted out our previously crap defence by recalling Westwood & hutch and picking players in their correct positions,

all that’s happened since is we’ve played a settled back line

So why have we got SB, he didn’t suddenly appear, his influence was apparent from the day that he accepted DC’s offer? Jos’s intransigence on Hutch and Westwood was the easy fix, our lass could have figured that one out. The settled back line is the number one improvement, at least SB is able to make up his mind and stick to his convictions.

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I said from the moment we signed Jones and Boyd they're legs had gone, past it as players at the level we were looking at being /achieving. That both had been deemed not good enough at lower Premier league level by their clubs, so we're shipped out. We signed both on long term contracts for some reason and even if we'd have achieved promotion we'd have been looking for upgrades and being lumbered with them as they wouldn't have been good enough. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

25 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

That both had been deemed not good enough at lower Premier league level by their clubs, so we're shipped out.

Boyd was offered a year but wanted longer so chose to leave and come here.

7 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

spot on bud,this walking football aint gonna work !!!!!