Positives

It wasn’t great again last night but there are a few solid performers who have been consistently good in recent games and performed well again last night. 

The centre back pairing looked solid again, with Westwood looking back to his best. You could hear him barking orders out from the away end - there looks a good understanding in the back 4 which seemed a pipe dream at the start of the season.

Also Palmer has to be worthy of praise. One who has had lots of criticism, most of it fair but of late I personally think he has improved no end.

He looks fitter, stronger and more confident in his game. I hope it continues.

Just need the bigger names to put some improved performances in now 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

It wasn’t great again last night but there are a few solid performers who have been consistently good in recent games and performed well again last night. 

The centre back pairing looked solid again, with Westwood looking back to his best. You could hear him barking orders out from the away end - there looks a good understanding in the back 4 which seemed a pipe dream at the start of the season.

Also Palmer has to be worthy of praise. One who has had lots of criticism, most of it fair but of late I personally think he has improved no end.

Yep, there are positives. You wouldn't think it looking on here tonight.

We'vegot a new, proven manager.

We're keeping clean sheets which a few month ago was unheard of.

We're a much better side than we were two months ago.

Things are improving, definitely. Given time, we've got to trust Bruce. There was literally no better option as manager. The amount of time some fans think a sides fortunes can be turned around in is barmy. Let's write this season off, stay safe and push on next season. 

The massive positive is our defence. From shipping two per game here’s our most recent nine league games:-

More like that and over a season you are going to be a very successful side.

We haven’t been great by any means, but W4 D4 L1 has produced 16 points from 9

equates to an 82 point season, which sails into the play-offs and threatens an auto-spot.

So, if near auto-spot form isn’t a positive, I don’t know what is.

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The massive positive is our defence. From shipping two per game here’s our most recent nine league games:-

More like that and over a season you are going to be a very successful side.

We haven’t been great by any means, but W4 D4 L1 has produced 16 points from 9

equates to an 82 point season, which sails into the play-offs and threatens an auto-spot.

So, if near auto-spot form isn’t a positive, I don’t know what is.

Its too small a sample size.

I am sure last few games of last season under JL if replicated over a whole season would have seen us in the Promotion hunt.

I see a team in last few games with a lack of spark. 

Improved a bit since change of manager but it isn't half hard work watching at times.

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Is Bruce building on the work laid down by Jos?  

I'm not even sure what Jos did except leave us lower in the table than when he joined, exile players now proven essential and field a side totally incapable of stopping players walking through the middle and banging in goal after goal. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am sure last few games of last season under JL if replicated over a whole season would have seen us in the Promotion hunt.

Improved a bit since change of manager but it isn't half hard work watching at times.

We are a poor mans Boro at the minute. They have played like this for the entire season and are in the play offs.

They are dull, defensive but put in enough tight wins to see them where they are. (when we played them away they were booing after 10 minutes despite where they were in the league!!)

Is it the way forward? I hope not, but at the time its what we need.

Get safe, then work on next season 

3 hours ago, torres said:

Yes he was , clear as a bell on't telly 

19 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

A major positive from last night is that it took Bruce 45 minutes to realise that Pelupessy is, at best, a league 2 player. In contrast, under Jos he was the first name on the team sheet. 

He is the opposite of Hooper

JP will run about until his legs fall off, fit as a fiddle, put's his heart and soul into the team but is very very very limited as a player 

7 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I'm not even sure what Jos did except leave us lower in the table than when he joined, exile players now proven essential and field a side totally incapable of stopping players walking through the middle and banging in goal after goal. 

Tend to agree but feel that Bruce is been a little too guarded and should encourage the players to be more attacking.  Played two poor sides in the past two days and failed to really harm the opposition. 

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

But people are moaning now, about what's happening now. Bruce and his assistants can't be judged on a larger sample as they weren't here. Since Jos went it's been largely positive. Frustrating at times, but mainly positive. That's the only relevant thing to judge us on.

11 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Thought Palmer was excellent.  

Seems he’s been given more confidence particularly going forward.  

Looks a different player 

Agree as in 'much improved'. But..... Still can't cross a ball. You know as soon as he shapes up to cross it's the end of the move.

8 hours ago, BRADDO said:

A major positive from last night is that it took Bruce 45 minutes to realise that Pelupessy is, at best, a league 2 player. In contrast, under Jos he was the first name on the team sheet. 

JP looks so out of his depth and it's astonishing that he gets anywhere near the first team. Hopefully SB gave him a look over last night and that's him finished.