Hector & Thorniley...

Just now, Suzuki_San said:

...are better than Lees and Hector.  

This is not a Lees bashing post: I just think having natural left and right footed players makes so much of a positive difference. 

I often think people undervalue the benefits of having a left and right footed pairing

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

It is better until it goes wrong then the argument will twist back to why Lees is not playing.

As good as these clean sheets may be, they have to measured against the quality of the opposition put in front of us. 

I actually think Thorniley was also Lees best partner as well, probably for the same reasons

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I actually think Thorniley was also Lees best partner as well, probably for the same reasons

Maybe so but it may also be better to reserve judgement until it has been viewed over a prolonged period and better attacking opponents.

28 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

This is not a Lees bashing post: I just think having natural left and right footed players makes so much of a positive difference. 

They look to be forming a good partnership 

28 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Are you sure Hector is right footed? He plays just as much with his left than his right. I think he’s two footed. 

8 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Maybe so but it may also be better to reserve judgement until it has been viewed over a prolonged period and better attacking opponents.

In spite of the result I thought Thorniley was excellent against Chelsea who are pretty good as an attacking unit.

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

In spite of the result I thought Thorniley was excellent against Chelsea who are pretty good as an attacking unit.

I know what people are saying and I absolutely wish the best for Thorniley, Hector etc., but placing too much praise on the recent run of clean sheets may be a little premature. It has to be considered that, from an attacking perspective, they are some of the worst sides we are likely to come up against this season. Having a lengthy thread related to players who we thought would become world beaters should be enough warning in itself about jumping the gun with the praise.

47 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I know what people are saying and I absolutely wish the best for Thorniley, Hector etc., but placing too much praise on the recent run of clean sheets may be a little premature. It has to be considered that, from an attacking perspective, they are some of the worst sides we are likely to come up against this season. Having a lengthy thread related to players who we thought would become world beaters should be enough warning in itself about jumping the gun with the praise.

I think most of the talk on here is about competence in the Championship.

I don’t see any references to our right foot/left foot combination in defence being world beaters.

Guest wilyfox

I'd happily sell Lees & replace with Hector if we could. He can play either side of a pair, Tom can't. He's also more comfortable on the ball. 2yrs younger as well. 

I like lees he's a solid defender for this league.

He lacks the composure and passing ability of Hector though.

I guess it depends on what Bruce expects from his defenders really.

If he just wants then to defend and block and head stuff sway then lees is perfect.

But if he wants more....hes never going to be able to do it.