Gi new lads a run.

8 clean sheets in 12 - With a largely unchanged back 4 yet people want to disrupt it? I'm not a big fan of Palmer or Fox but they are part of a defence that is doing a very decent job at the minute. I would agree that Aarons probably should get a run out against Rotherham though as we are clearly lacking down the left going forward.

Just now, meggoisgod said:

Westwood Hector, lees, thorniley, Hutchinson being more consistent

So all the defence is doing ok then. Lees i have to question. Westwood will probably leave. Hector is on loan and will probably also leave. Leaves Thorniley and Fox, thats ok by me. Hutch playing, may as well throw a dice if hes fit or not.

9 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

You can. He is defending well and part of a very good defensive unit so in that respect I get where your coming from....

But, were not going up or down and were planning for next season. Were not scoring goals and have very little attacking threat. We have a new left back who has played at international level and can also play Left Midfield. Integrating him into a good defensive unit is the way to go as if we can sign him up he will be our left back going forward.

Fox has done well, but ultimately if were starting with Fox next year were gonna be no better than this.

Well said, if we start with fox next season then we ain't going to progress one bit

12 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Apart from the new LB isnt ours and wont be next season most probably.

Id say scoring goals is our bigger issue and crap midfield.

No he's not ours ....yet, but what's the point of bringing him in if we're not going to have a look at him?

Midfield does need sorting but we have fewer options there

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You can only play iorfa as a right back or centre back and you can’t play Palmer right mid reach would have to stay 

or out Aaron’s on right and push bannan out left we’d have creativity and pace then. 

Just put aaron on the right, FF on the left, leave bannan in the middle and reach on the bench

12 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

You can drop him definitely.    He has no long term future at the club, like a couple of others.

Based solely on that one fact, you can drop him - plus he's been adequate, not excellent.  

He has more of a future currently than a dozen others. Given recruiting will be tough im guessing he will be here a while yet. Him and penney will be our LB's next year and maybe after that too

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

He has more of a future currently than a dozen others. Given recruiting will be tough im guessing he will be here a while yet. Him and penney will be our LB's next year and maybe after that too

Penney yes sure.

Fox has to go, if he stays, we do not progress it's quite simple, even for simpletons.   Frankly I think we have some lower than simpletons who back Fox.

The key word is adequate.   Sometimes.

Just now, Salmonbones said:

Penney yes sure.

Fox has to go, if he stays, we do not progress it's quite simple, even for simpletons.   Frankly I think we have some lower than simpletons who back Fox.

Perhaps us simpletons think the club isnt progessing for other reasons than Fox.

New lads have got to get a run. 

Yes defence doing well and Palmer / Fox been great of late but how do you know new lads won’t be even better? 

In OP I only said drop Fox and try Lazaar / Aarons down left. If Iorfa could play right mid n use his pace. 

Yes we had clean sheets but adding different option with added pace might bring goals too. 

Im sure majority was slating Palmer / Fox weeks ago. 

39 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Penney yes sure.

The word Steve Bruce used yesterday was Excellent. I tend to agree