Gi new lads a run.

We ain’t goin up n we ain’t goin down. 

Tonite was great chance let all 3 have a game. 

Needs mixing up a bit. 

We aren’t leaking goals anymore which is great but we just stale everywhere else. 

In need of a spark. Pace. 

Lazaar n Aarons down left full of pace. 

Id even try if he’s up for it Iorfa on right. Him n Palmer overlapping. 

Rest Reach as he’s been poor for ages. Lightweight 

hec n thorniley keep together been solid. Hutch n Baz in mid. 

Gi winnall n Fessi run up top. Bit of bonding for em. 

Rovrum won’t be able to handle us. 

Play tactics like tonite and they will beat us. 

1 hour ago, ozzieowl said:

We ain’t goin up n we ain’t goin down. 

Tonite was great chance let all 3 have a game. 

Needs mixing up a bit. 

We aren’t leaking goals anymore which is great but we just stale everywhere else. 

In need of a spark. Pace. 

Lazaar n Aarons down left full of pace. 

Id even try if he’s up for it Iorfa on right. Him n Palmer overlapping. 

Rest Reach as he’s been poor for ages. Lightweight 

hec n thorniley keep together been solid. Hutch n Baz in mid. 

Gi winnall n Fessi run up top. Bit of bonding for em. 

Rovrum won’t be able to handle us. 

Play tactics like tonite and they will beat us. 

You can’t drop Fox on recent form. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Hes one of our better players at the minute. Whos playing consistently better than Fox at the minute?

I don’t get this lambasting of Fox every game. Our defence, which Fox is an integral part of, is playing well. He has done nothing wrong since we’ve had a settled back four. The problem is the 6 in front of them. And yes I am including BB in that - he has been poor all season 

I think Aarons needs to start at the weekend. For whatever reason as an attacking force we are shocking at the minute and changes need to be made. Would also start FF as well at the weekend. It’s a tricky one with the new defenders we have on loan, our defence has been solid of late, I guess the only slight improvement could be that the 2 new lads might be more attacking? To be fair it would be very harsh to drop any of the current defenders though. 

49 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Why would you put Ifora and Lazaar in when the defence are performing at the minute,

Can't drop Plamer and Fox at the minute.

I think it depends how SB wants us to play. If he just wants them to defend, then no they shouldn't be dropped.  If however we wants/expects them to be integral to our attacking play, then it would make sense to give the new players a run out.

54 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Why would you put Ifora and Lazaar in when the defence are performing at the minute,

Can't drop Plamer and Fox at the minute.

I thought last night Palmer had played himself out of the team. Didn't take anyone on all night, stopped in front of his man and passed across. 

Defensively, yes, he's doing well, but surely we need some actual wing back play? 

Fox the same applies, but I thought it was Palmer's lack of initiative that showed yesterday. 

27 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I’d probably pick the below team on Saturday. So just Aarons coming in of the new lads. 

Westwood 

Palmer   Hector  Thorniley  Fox

Aarons    Hutch. Bannan  Reach 

Fletcher   Forestieri 

Wouldnt have FF up front at all. Either on the left or on the bench

9 hours ago, shandypants said:

You can’t drop Fox on recent form. 

You can. He is defending well and part of a very good defensive unit so in that respect I get where your coming from....

But, were not going up or down and were planning for next season. Were not scoring goals and have very little attacking threat. We have a new left back who has played at international level and can also play Left Midfield. Integrating him into a good defensive unit is the way to go as if we can sign him up he will be our left back going forward.

Fox has done well, but ultimately if were starting with Fox next year were gonna be no better than this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I’d probably pick the below team on Saturday. So just Aarons coming in of the new lads. 

Westwood 

Fletcher   Forestieri 

Id go similar but 2 key changes:

Westwood 

Palmer   Hector  Thorniley  Laazar

Joao   Forestieri 

Reason being we cant go long with those two up top, we will have to play through the midfield and get runners to help them, so time for Reach and Bannan to steop up (which they need too) and a chance for Aarons to make his mark.

Fox has played well but integrating the new left back into a good defence is a good move, as he will have organisation at the back and hopefully have something extra going forward.

8 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Westwood 

Fletcher   Forestieri 

I'm sure Rotherham play in a similar style to united, they will try and dominate the midfield area targeting Bannan,  isolate him when were playing 442 forces us into playing a game of statues.

Movement for us recently both on and off the ball has been a real issue, the team above is a Yes but altering the formation.

Westwood

Palmer  Hector    Thorniley    Fox

Hutchinson

Bannan          Reach

Aarons       Fletcher     Forestieri

Playing a 433 /451 helps us get a grip of midfield. 451 when not on the ball, 433 going forward with Reach & Forestieri alternating from the left to the number 10 role.

Both these are capable of playing in both those roles when attacking.

By putting 4 players in and around Bannan it makes it difficult for them to isolate him hopefully allowing us to get him on the ball and quickly push forward allowing him to try and play those intricate through balls we saw him play in CCs 1st season.

Hutch is the guarentee, Palmer & Fox can concentrate on defending, Fletcher doesnt have to come and receive the ball, he can play in the box were we need him.

This means plenty of movement off the ball, something i feel we have not been doing recently.

2 hours ago, cbirks said:

I thought last night Palmer had played himself out of the team. Didn't take anyone on all night, stopped in front of his man and passed across. 

Defensively, yes, he's doing well, but surely we need some actual wing back play? 

Fox the same applies, but I thought it was Palmer's lack of initiative that showed yesterday. 

I don't see Palmer or fox as wing backs but in flat back 4 like we have been using lately they are more than competent...  ...