45 minutes

Guest Hirst1867

Guest Hirst1867

All it took for Bruce to work Pelepussy out

And there are idiots on here who still rate him. Hopefully that will be the last we see of him

3 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

All it took for Bruce to work Pelepussy out

And there are idiots on here who still rate him. Hopefully that will be the last we see of him

Had a good look at a good few these last 3 games.

Time to ring the changes Brucie. You did say all of the squad would get a chance. 

Bring in in the 3 new boys for a start.

I can't take any satisfaction from that but I agree, baring necessity that's probably it for JP. The situation was exasperated by Bannan being wide. Much better second half but several others coming up short as well IMO.

Sends a shudder down my spine to think he'd still be starting week in week out under JL.....

Edited by Morepork

Guest wilyfox

Yep, he's done. Inferior to Hutch in every which way. He'll be a better player for his time in the championship, but let's see if we can get that 500k back and replace. 

I remember pessies first game where he got booked after about a minute then spent the rest of the match looking like a shadow to the game , chasing empty spaces !! Fast forward to now and tbf nothing has really changed, he’s committed, he tries hard but he’s simply not good enough

Doesn't do a bad job defensively. 

Not a patch on Hutchinson though.

His biggest problem is whenever he is asked to do anything remotely attack minded he falls apart.

Have stuck up for him in the past but we need better, or he needs to be better.

I think we have to be realistic with this lad, he was a gamble at £350k and it has not worked out so far.

For me his reading of the game as a defensive midfielder is not up to scratch, look how Hutchinson knows when to tackle and when to cover, he just reads the game so much better.

On the plus side he is a young man who appears to have a great attitude and engine and his dead ball delivery is normally pretty good.

Rather than just binning him, it might be worth giving him a run as right wing back for the under 23s and seeing if there is anything there or maybe if you need somone to do a man marking job hecould be utilised.

• Like 1

Same amount of time it took him to work out bannan can't play wide. 

As for joey, I like his attitude and work rate but he seems to fall short in other areas. Maybe Bruce can make a player of him. He was cheap and is under contract. If he has a part to play then we've got a player who does a job and puts in the effort. What's not to like? 

23 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Same amount of time it took him to work out bannan can't play wide. 

As for joey, I like his attitude and work rate but he seems to fall short in other areas. Maybe Bruce can make a player of him. He was cheap and is under contract. If he has a part to play then we've got a player who does a job and puts in the effort. What's not to like? 

Yes, largely agree. I didn't think he had a particularly bad game on Tuesday. I seldom watch from behind a goal and it gives you interesting perspectives, esp when the team is playing toward the other end. His positioning and anticipation were a bit above what I had expected and he got forward a bit more than I had guessed he would.

Which isn't to deny both that he is at or a bit beyond his limit at this level; and that the m/f deployed for the first 45' on Tuesday really didn't work at all, as most regular watchers would have predicted. 

I took the substitution to be more a recognition of the rather obvious failings of the overall selection, rather than about the specific shortcoming of one player.