2roland2

Positivity on a night of moaning

Fox was pants. Palmer worked hard but no delivery. Hector and thornilley were huge and fetch worked his nads off. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So many fans moaning tonight about a point away at a very organised Millwall so here is a big positive for us that no one seems to be mentioning.  

Another clean sheet and another impressive performance from Thorniley, we don’t see, to be missing Tom lees which is great news. 

Another good performance from hector, Fox Palmer and Westwood too. 

Yep absolutely, that's the point, we need goals for, no arguments with not conceding though.

For positivity, jam two fingers in the mains. 

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Nuhiu is fresh for the Rotherham game too

He needs to be, we need goals, Rotherham wont be playing for a draw

Again, I thought Thorniley was ragged. His timing was way off all night

I think he’s been a little fortunate that we’ve played poor sides and haven’t been punished.

Decision making and distribution are challenges for him. 

Somehow love the kid for his attitude though.

• Disagree 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Nuhiu is fresh for the Rotherham game too

I was talking about positives ffs. Now I’m depressed lol 

• Haha 2

Another clean sheet

Hector was outstanding 

The fans who travelled to Sarf london to watch that garbage.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Again, I thought Thorniley was ragged. His timing was way off all night

I think he’s been a little fortunate that we’ve played poor sides and haven’t been punished.

Decision making and distribution are challenges for him. 

Somehow love the kid for his attitude though.

He made one error where he misjudged th ball, a lot of our fans have been been slagging Millwall yet they have a very capable forward in Gregory.  

Apart from the one error thorniley didn’t do anything wrong. Same with the rest of the back five. 

And yes a honourable mention to Hutchinson, he guards them very well. 

• Agree 2

Westwood, Palmer, Hector and Thorniley were all very good.

Fox was ok 

Hutch did well. Bannan was average  

Pulepessey is the most ineffective footballer in the squad.

Reach was ok

Fletcher was ok, Joao was slightly below ok.

Boyd did well, particularly first 30 mins of second half.

• Agree 7

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

He made one error where he misjudged th ball, a lot of our fans have been been slagging Millwall yet they have a very capable forward in Gregory.  

Apart from the one error thorniley didn’t do anything wrong. Same with the rest of the back five. 

And yes a honourable mention to Hutchinson, he guards them very well. 

There was one very obvious error, yes. It’s a bit disingenuous to think I’m rating his performance based on 5 seconds in a 90 minute match.

I’m more talking about the smaller decisions throughout the game - when to hold, get tight, hold on to the ball, take a foul, when to lean in etc

Timing was poor

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Another clean sheet

Hector was outstanding 

The fans who travelled to Sarf london to watch that garbage.

My worry is week in week out, our best player is here on lian.

• Agree 2

Just now, McRightSide said:

There was one very obvious error, yes. It’s a bit disingenuous to think I’m rating his performance based on 5 seconds in a 90 minute match.

I’m more talking about the smaller decisions throughout the game - when to hold, get tight, hold on to the ball, take a foul, when to lean in etc

Timing was poor

But he kept Gregory quiet, im not sure what you are saying he did wrong?  The games he has played he does the basics well imo.  I’m not sure where these small things you talk about come from. 

What about lazaar, Iorfa n Aaron's, are just going to be subs warming the benches or playing in the team giving pace that what we lack and what they brought in for.. Surely fox n palmer should be giving way. 

• Confused 1

Just now, S1Owl said:

What about lazaar, Iorfa n Aaron's, are just going to be subs warming the benches or playing in the team giving pace that what we lack and what they brought in for.. Surely fox n palmer should be giving way. 

A right back and left back are playing in a solid defence and you are prioritising changes there??? 

Amazing stuff

• Agree 9

A point in the bag. Ideally we'd want three buts that's a game we'd have lost before Christmas. 

The need for a powerful, pacy striker who can play on the shoulder , gamble and fire shots off is something we've been desperate for for 5 years - so nothing new there. 

Defence starting to look more solid - including both much maligned fullbacks- Hector looming the real deal.  Thorniley looking more than capable of becoming a good championship defender despite youth. 

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Swings and roundabouts. I'm pretty sure the three new lads you have mentioned are rapid - and that's something we lack. 

In the case of the fullbacks the question might be how good are they at defending?  It might well be that they're more attack minded and thst while we're look a bit toothless at the top end Bruce wants to stick with a more solid back line? 

He's certainly mentioned several times in his press conferences that "You can't be conceding two goals every week.

With us striking on a steady back 4 unit you can see why he'd be reluctant to break it up now it is eventually looking tight.

• Agree 3