Adam Reach

On 14/02/2019 at 08:09, Holmowl said:

Let this sink in.

We have scored 37 goals in 36 matches this season in all comps.

Reach has 7 goals and 4 assists in a team with an utterly dismal goal-scoring record. Compare his contribution to Bannan, Hutch, Pellupessy, Forestieri, Matias, Onomah. PUT TOGETHER.

He has missed one game. He gives his all. He’s being moved around positions and just gets on with it.

He is a winger. When Bruce sorts our team out Reach should be LW with in-game switches to RW for spells.  

But our fans should open their eyes and see what you have in front of you. 

Just out of interest, how many goals and assists are when playing centrally?

Mainly because I think he gets more involved played in the middle, out wide he becomes a peripheral figure, especially as we're playing so poorly.

26 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Just out of interest, how many goals and assists are when playing centrally?

Mainly because I think he gets more involved played in the middle, out wide he becomes a peripheral figure, especially as we're playing so poorly.

Hard to tell, cos we have moved players around during games a few times, but at a glance, all 6 league goals came when playing in the middle.
But 3 of his 4 assists are from playing wide.
Makes sense really.

On 12/02/2019 at 21:55, s6 owl said:

When will people start to realise that he is an average at best championship footballer? Another shocker from him tonight but i guess because he's scored a few crackers that makes him untouchable...

Dont think he was the worst on the night. Dont think we have anything going forward generally. However said sincee the day i first saw him play hs average

6 hours ago, cookeh said:

Hard to tell, cos we have moved players around during games a few times, but at a glance, all 6 league goals came when playing in the middle.
But 3 of his 4 assists are from playing wide.
Makes sense really.

Thanks, thought it was something like that.

I'm hoping if Bruce ever gets a couple of speedy wingers in Reach can play in the centre again, for me his best performances have been there.

On 12/02/2019 at 21:55, s6 owl said:

When will people start to realise that he is an average at best championship footballer? Another shocker from him tonight but i guess because he's scored a few crackers that makes him untouchable...

I don't think many are hailing him as anything other than average. The media have banged on about his goals a bit but anyone that watches regularly do realise he's no £5m player. 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Yesterday takes him to 5 assists and 7 goals this season.

That’s 12 of our 39 goals.

Add to that his many near-misses, like yesterday’s hit post. Most effective and important forward we have by miles and miles. 

Yeah but he neshes tackles according to some of the experts on here:duntmatter: so it doesn't count

• Haha 1

Reach has been great in a few games this season but really poor in a lot more.

I think we’d get the best out of him with much better players around him. He isn’t good enough to drag us up but his goals and assists this season have been really valuable 

Just now, full fathom five said:

That's not true now is it, a 12-14 match cameo doesn't equate to a player you can rely on week in week out now does it.

Like i say Nuhiu is mainly garbage but for 5 months he was the best striker in the league while playing in a terrible team and without his goals and assists we would have gone down. 

On 12/02/2019 at 21:57, wilyfox said:

Criminal how one-footed he is. Rarely seems to trust his right at all. 

How did he did that cross out tonight for Fletcher? Assuming it must have been a Rabona considering he was on his right and didn't cut back?