Adam Reach

10 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Play the fella on the left - its really simple.

Forget about the wonder goals.

He can cross a ball and cause a lot of damage on the left.

I could understand him being on the right if he actually crossed it loads from out there but whilst Palmer doesnt cross well enough and no-one delivers particularly well lr frequently from the left either we're scuppering our chances of scoring from both flanks playing him like this.

Said this in another thread. Playing Boyd and Reach on the wrong side is not conducive to their natural game. I'm all for giving players less to worry or think about so they can excel at what they are good at.

Keep it simple and play to strengths.

Play him on left running the whole flank slightly narrow to help cm's with lazaar more a lwb and overlapping.

Play aarons on right a bit higher and wider to balance midfield, with palmer more a fb.

Between them they will get some much needed crosses in for joao/ff/fletch and we might finally start to score some .

Simple lol

Edited by Ash77

Round pegs in round holes, we as a club seem obsessed with playing wingers on their wrong natural side meaning they have to stop, grind forward momentum to a halt checking back and playing a ball in, been doing this since Carlos. 

Is it no wonder the forwards don't get decent service in from out wide?? 

Play reach left wing, let him. Bomb on down there and put balls in on the run with either the lad Aaron's or Nando on the right, let's start using wingers the old fashioned way providing service for others getting into the box instead of cutting inside to try score a goal themselves all the time. When fletcher scored goals earlier  in his career at wolves, Sunderland etc. This is waht they did, it's also possibly one of the reasons Rhodes and winnall struggled to score goals too since they arrived here. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Criminal how one-footed he is. Rarely seems to trust his right at all. He's not the quickest, and when he checks back on his left EVERYTIME just slows him down ever further. 

He’s so one footed he has to play on the left.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

He’s so one footed he has to play on the left.

..and then you lose his shooting prowess from range. He's a problem wherever you play him. Like I said a week or two ago...for all his talent, every position exposes one of his flaws.

So we moved him from the left wing because he wasn't quick enough or tricky enough 

He was tried at left back

He defensive capabilities were not great to say the least so was quickly moved from there

Left wing back is ideal for him . . . . . . .  .turns out it wasn't

He was forced inside in a midfield 3 - was a absolute revelation  . . .for 3 games.

Behind the front man was next in line - scored 3 screamers . . Yes!! we have found his spot, nope seems he goes missing for the entire game there.

The right of a front 3, cutting inside onto that rocket of a left foot, what can go wrong???? nope, moved to the right in a 4. 

Sorted . .45 minutes of great wing play against Reading . . .this must be his place in the team . . .  ..  . . . .  . . . back to left wing again????

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

..and then you lose his shooting prowess from range. He's a problem wherever you play him. Like I said a week or two ago...for all his talent, every position exposes one of his flaws.

Yep that’s the downside and I’ve been guilty of picking a team with him on the right for that very reason. But I think it’s come to a point where he needs a run of games as a left sided attacking player and see how he fairs.

6 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Keep it simple and play to strengths.

Play him on left running the whole flank slightly narrow to help cm's with lazaar more a lwb and overlapping.

Play aarons on right a bit higher and wider to balance midfield, with palmer more a fb.

Between them they will get some much needed crosses in for joao/ff/fletch and we might finally start to score some .

Simple lol

Shush talking sense on here wont get you far!

Been saying for a year that Reach is a problem. He's decent when the team can carry him, and  occasionally hits a worldy which gets fans on side. But he doesn't fit well in our side. In a 4231, he doesn't have the pace or skills to make something happen side. He's probably too 1 footed to play centrally behind the striker (tho that's probably the only place we could use him), and he's far to lightweight to play in either of the deeper central roles. In a 442 where all he has to do is track a fullback every now and then and put crosses in, he's probably fine.

I still think we should move him on as soon as we're able. We'll get our money back for him no worries and we can invest it on players who actually fit the system.

Brando,  Adam has played nearly every minute of every game since he signed for the Owls.  He has had good games and bad games!! Take away his "worldies",  his assists, work rate in every game, playing in many positions to bolster the weaknesses of the squad. I think the Owls would be down in the relegation zone.  He has played for several poor managers who were clutching at straws to keep their job, rather than concentrate on making the entire squad better players and consequently a better team.  I think £5 million is a snip in the current climate.  You could win 3 times that on the lottery tonight!!  More importantly how is it that, beyond doubt, the best keeper in the club, has not played for most of the season?? That surely has had more impact on the league position this season than Adam's poor games??? Hopefully the new manager will address these issues and let the players flourish and become more influential on the park. Victimising individual players, is not the way forward for this great club to regain its rightful status in the Premiership.  It is about placing trust in the new manager, who will hopefully play players where they want to play, where he wants them to play, and forget the poor miss management of the last few seasons.  It breaks my heart to say it, but one ex-Man utd star has set his former club alight, lets hope another ex-Man Utd star can ignite all the Owls players.

Let this sink in.

We have scored 37 goals in 36 matches this season in all comps.

Reach has 7 goals and 4 assists in a team with an utterly dismal goal-scoring record. Compare his contribution to Bannan, Hutch, Pellupessy, Forestieri, Matias, Onomah. PUT TOGETHER.

He has missed one game. He gives his all. He’s being moved around positions and just gets on with it.

He is a winger. When Bruce sorts our team out Reach should be LW with in-game switches to RW for spells.  

But our fans should open their eyes and see what you have in front of you. 

• Like 1