Missing opportunities

Evening ladies and gents.

So another goaless draw tonight against a team below us. That result, added to the result against Reading does not really inspire does it.

After the Birmingham game, I looked at the next half a dozen fixtures, and saw all bar one were against teams below us, and of those, 4 were against teams in the bottom 6. I thought it was a real opportunity for us to gain some confidence and momentum, much like the appointment of OGS at Man Utd did for them.

Two games in, well two pretty insipid draws, with very little to get excited about. The clean sheets are a welcome bonus, but our lack of finishing ability is something that has hampered us all season, and the new manager does not seem to have sorted that aspect out.

I am sure I am not alone in believing that our side are more than capable of beating Reading and Millwall, but we lack creativity and a cutting edge, although no game in the division is an easy one.

So we now move onto Rotherham, who got a very creditable draw at Hull tonight. Saturday is not going to be easy, but I really hope we score a shed load.

Edited by kendoddsdadsdogsdead

3 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

So another goaless draw tonight against a team below us. That result, added to the result against Reading does not really inspire does it.

After the Birmingham game, I looked at the next half a dozen fixtures, and saw all bar one were against teams below us, and of those, 4 were against teams in the bottom 6. I thought it was a real opportunity for us to gain some confidence and momentum, much like the appointment of OGS at Man Utd did for them.

Two games in, well two pretty insipid draws, with very little to get excited about. The clean sheets are a welcome bonus, but our lack of finishing ability is something that has hampered us all season, and the new manager does not seem to have sorted that aspect out.

I am sure I am not alone in believing that our side are more than capable of beating Reading and Millwall, but we lack creativity and a cutting edge, although no game in the division is an easy one.

So we now move onto Rotherham, who got a very creditable draw at Hull tonight. Saturday is not going to be easy, but I really hope we score a shed load.

You should move into journalism 

4 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Biggsy