What the f*ck was that?

If someone said to me lets get rid of everyone and start again Id snatch their hand off, we have an ageing squad that we cant get rid of and cant sign anyone due to the shitrule book of the football league.

Play like that on saturday and expect nothing.

18 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Couldn’t help but think we would have lost that game nine times out of ten in the last 18 months. Fletch aside forwards bamg out of form . All rest battling like fizz, all credit it’s progress, only game that matters for rest of season is pigs

It’s worrying though that although we seemed to be battling we were still coming out second best in most 1 on 1 situations.

Yes we had more more possession but really the fact we had only 2 shots on target against a poor Milwall side reinforces the claim Bruce made that there is a lot of work to do.

We shouldn't really be expecting to beat anybody. Its getting to the point in the season where the bottom teams will start to fight for their survival. A point and a clean sheet away from home certainly isn't a bad result.

Sure there is still work to be done. But that's a long steady process. Right now Bruce is examining his players and seeing who he wants to shift on in the summer and who he wants to keep.

And on the plus side? We've kept 8 clean sheets in 12. Build from the back first then sort out your front problems once the ship has been steadied.

17 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

We shouldn't really be expecting to beat anybody. Its getting to the point in the season where the bottom teams will start to fight for their survival. A point and a clean sheet away from home certainly isn't a bad result.

Sure there is still work to be done. But that's a long steady process. Right now Bruce is examining his players and seeing who he wants to shift on in the summer and who he wants to keep.

And on the plus side? We've kept 8 clean sheets in 12. Build from the back first then sort out your front problems once the ship has been steadied.

Agreed  Fox and Palmer look competent, it’s not that long ago you would have been sectioned for suggesting that on here. 

3 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

At least we can keep a clean sheet,or three!

What was the idea with everybody in blue? I could hardly give a 5h1t, but under the right kind of lights, everybody looked like they were on the same side, including the colour-blind ref-bot.

Edited by tonyem

2 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Agreed  Fox and Palmer look competent, it’s not that long ago you would have been sectioned for suggesting that on here. 

As long as Bruce (next season) is looking for more than their brand and level of competence, I can agree.

And Fox and Palmer are not alone (I am not scapegoating); we have some truly awful players each of whom are on an absolute wedge. Frankly, if there was an option to “sell all” for bottom book value I would without a moment’s hesitation (Bannan, Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson and Forestieri being my exceptions and whom I would seek to retain ideally, the rest though they can all fizz off) (and yes I know some players are out of contract so may not be “sold” much less “retained”, but you understand the point I am making).

Frankly, I am delighted we have someone the calibre of Bruce in the hot seat to oversee the major overhaul that’s surely must be coming, even if it can’t be as profound as I hope for. 

I just hope that some form of clear out can take place and is not hampered by DC not giving Bruce absolute transfer authority or our embargo and financial position being so severe that  we can’t even do anything more than let out of contract players leave. 

I shall once more renew my season ticket in March, but I do so with more uncertainty and trepidation than ever before:

When we didn’t have a pot to wee wee in, there was always that feeling of a saviour being just around the corner or us being able to loan in a magician at any point in the season under the old loan rules.

Now we have an owner who (bless his cotton socks) is wanting to spend (leaving aside he has, on his own, no clue on what or how to do so) to get us to the Prem, but the new poo or bust rules prevent him from doing so and the new loan rules mean Prem youngsters can refuse loans for shorter windows and continue to pick up £30-40k per week to do nothing and Prem clubs won’t bat an eyelid at that sort of money being wasted as it’s fizz all to them.

All the while, the Prem is becoming more and more of a de facto franchise in terms of finances (capping of youth compo so big clubs can raid lower teams and not have to pay, increased TV sponsorship which does not trickle down, mad transfer fees that only trickle down) and the football league’s response to this squeeze and inflation that will see football league clubs literally die on the financial vine; “you can’t spend your owner’s money, you can only spend the money you make on pie sales and gate receipts!” Talk about a nail in the coffin. That is to say nothing of the fact that the FFP rules must surely be a breach of competition law?

Come to think of it, I might look to get a slightly less painful, stressful and soul destroying hobby than being a season ticket holder. Is stapling or nailing your todger to inanimate objects considered a hobby (asking for a friend)?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Bit of excitement and expectation matched with a favourable run of games for the first time in months and this squad of players do what? Yes that is right they flatter to deceive just like they have always done. 

Absolute garbage attack wise and massive changes are needed in the summer.

Agreed but won’t happen due to our upcoming embargo 

Kept a clean sheet against a dirty Millwall side who kicked and pushed our players for 90 minutes while the ref looked the other way. 

Away point in London on a Tuesday night. 

All ifs and buts but if reach had managed to score at the death on Saturday then last night is a great result. Win this Saturday its 5 points out of 9, which is at least playoff form over a season isn't it? Average 2 points a game over a season and you go up with 92 points. Unless you're the pigs in 2012 obviously. 

This team needs an enema as the joker from batman nearly said. We are at a low ebb. Sorting the defence was the most important thing and it looks like it's happened since that moustachioed wastrel left. Concentrate on not conceding 2 or 3 per game and we can build on that. 

I’m more frustrated at last Saturday’s result if I’m honest.

Before the game on Saturday I said I’d take a win against Reading and a point at Millwall as acceptable. Then the Rotherham game could go either way with it being a local derby, though we should have the upper hand.

As Michael Hector has said on Twitter, last night was a battle, a scrap...

Think the general rule has gotta be winning the home games and see picking up anything away as a bonus.

9 minutes ago, CJowL19 said:

I’m more frustrated at last Saturday’s result if I’m honest.

Before the game on Saturday I said I’d take a win against Reading and a point at Millwall as acceptable. Then the Rotherham game could go either way with it being a local derby, though we should have the upper hand.

As Michael Hector has said on Twitter, last night was a battle, a scrap...

Think the general rule has gotta be winning the home games and see picking up anything away as a bonus.

If we win against Rotherham the it's 5 points out of 9. That was a lunatics dream under jos. Big if I suppose but we could beat em.

Someone’s already said, if we’d won against reading a point at millwall looks a better result. Thing is, it always looked a bit strange with Pullyourpussy and Hutch in midfield, in fact I saw Pullyours name and thought Hutch had been left out, so the Steve’s obviously thought it was a defensive mind set. After all nobody likes to go to millwall...full stop, and we all know we don’t do Tuesday nights at all well. To be honest I’d be happy if we stay unbeaten for a few games coming into the derby and then give the bacon a good frazzling in March.

And don’t forget the Brewster has said he wants to have a look at all the players, so now he knows if Pullyours offers anything or not. I would expect to see the new lads given a run out on Saturday at the New Millmoor Stadium either starting or from the bench. In the long term I expect Brewster to turn Hillsborough into a place other teams don’t like to visit...the Millwall of the North, by signing some ‘beasts’ on frees in the summer. We are far too nice at the moment, as someone’s already said we were pushed around last night and few of our players are built to withstand it, it’s all a bit lightweight apart from Hector, Fletcher and Hutch . Onward and upward, Forza the Owls!:wacko:

We aren’t going up and we aren’t going down so surely the next few months are the perfect chance to experiment and have a look at players.

The majority of us know that Pelupessey is crap and Bannan isn’t a winger but we’ve been watching this side a lot longer than Bruce.

Last night was a lesson learned and I’d be willing to bet he doesn’t make the same mistake again.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and we have been a poor side for the best part of 2 years but we’ve got a manager who has an excellent track record of getting sides promoted to the Premier League so let’s give him a bit of time, show some patience and see what he can do.

11 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’ve just gone to Millwall for the draw - are our management taking the pi$$? 

That was nothing short of abysmal, genuinely want to know why we haven’t gone to The Den tonight looking for 3 points? Hutchinson and Pelupessy starting - explain that one? No sign of new signings despite us doing absolutely nothing on the pitch....boring boring football.

Hector literally walked away from the ball at a goal kick to waste time - why? It’s two fingers upto all those fans who have gone down there.

Weve only created chances in the last 5 minutes - Forestieri made a difference, Fletcher non existent, no link from midfield to attack. 

And a big shout out to Adam Reach, not been able to control a ball and wasted about ten passes tonight. Been poor for many a game now, but will always get a backing on here for them goals easier this season. 

Millwall are 5TH BOTTOM. Management needs to give answers tonight because that’s not good enough. 

I take it the Honeymoon period is over then?.

That was meant to be the type of game the likes of Fletcher and Reach make the difference.

Woeful.

However we'd be losing these games under Jos/Carlos. You start building foundations from the back and work your way forward. Bruce is doing this.

When the loans are up to speed, it will click in. Who knows maybe even Foresteri will treat us to another end of season cameo...  

I don't think I am sticking my neck out by saying we are heading for a mid table finish this season.

Probably be a few more matches last night between now and May with the odd good performance thrown in.

We are going to shed a lot of players in the summer and if with FFP rules we have little leeway in bringing in players think mid table at best next season.

Hope to be proved wrong but would say a promotion challenging season next season is extremely unlikely at the moment.