Hooper and Lee ...

2 hours ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

why do people assume Lee is a big earner ? 25k a week ! he's on nowhere near 25k a week infact he earns less than half of that

Yes. But people need something to keep popping up and moaning about - even if they do have to make it up in their own heads.

6 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

No club in their right mind would give Lee another contract of any length.

At the very most, offer him a performance based pay as you play deal if he gets back to fitness in next 3 months.

We have been mugs for way too long.

We have been mugs? We don’t sign players knowing they’re going to get injured. 

Do you think it’s only us that gets injuries to key players?

Edited by Jon From Woodseats
Spelling error

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yes. But people need something to keep popping up and moaning about - even if they do have to make it up in their own heads.

Personally I find the notion that anyone knows what he actually earns (high or low) questionable at best.

Besides FM19 has him on 19k and we all know that’s fact...... lol

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

well if that's true then when he signed his new deal along with 15 others he got took for fool as he without a doubt was 1 of best midfielders in the championship at that time and the championship is full of players earning 20-60k a week. we wouldn't have a wage bill of 30 million if we had a squad of 1st team players on 12k a week 

I can understand your point of view and I have thought it myself but, he was happy and settled at Wednesday, playing every week and for the most part playing well. Maybe he could do with a better agent though lol

17 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Going on the guestimates that Hooper is on 35k a week and Lee 20k a week, would you offer them reduced terms if they both came back and contributed? Maybe 20k plus 5k appearance fee for Hooper and 10k for Lee?

We just can't afford to be paying £30k pw on two players with their recent injury records and our FFP situation. Even if they were ready to play now it'd take them at least a month to get anywhere near first team level and both players have a record of breaking down.

If they did somehow get back to match fitness and anything like their old form before the season ends then it'd be worth a pay as you play deal on a very low basic wage, but as brilliant as they've been in the past I'd rather have one decent new signing on the same money than two ageing players who you'd just be waiting to break again. 

13 hours ago, Jon From Woodseats said:

We have been mugs? We don’t sign players knowing they’re going to get injured. 

Do you think it’s only us that gets injuries to key players?

Mugs as in :

Overall transfer policy.

Signing ageing last pay day pro’s on big money with zero sell on value.

Thinking short term not long term. 

Re-signing Hooper or Lee on any contract other than pay as you play would continue that crazy policy which leaves us with few assets to sell and a big FFP problem. 

14 hours ago, alanharper said:

We just can't afford to be paying £30k pw on two players with their recent injury records and our FFP situation. Even if they were ready to play now it'd take them at least a month to get anywhere near first team level and both players have a record of breaking down.

If they did somehow get back to match fitness and anything like their old form before the season ends then it'd be worth a pay as you play deal on a very low basic wage, but as brilliant as they've been in the past I'd rather have one decent new signing on the same money than two ageing players who you'd just be waiting to break again. 

I can see Lee accepting something like that but not Hooper, sadly I think its unlikely Lee will come back and prove himself in time though.