Hooper and Lee ...

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

What is meant by a pay as you play deal?

Under a pay as you play deal the player will be contracted to the club for a certain amount of time under a standard FA Premier League contract. The only difference to the make-up of that player’s contract than other players in the team is that player will be paid when he makes an appearance for the club.

Great news! I hope everyone has gotten their Club 1867 membership sorted!

:tango:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lee A said:

Of course we give them time. But unfortunately all that time will do is confirm that Kieran Lee has had it. 

Hooper will probably be back playing again, but he'll never stay fit for long enough to justify his wages. 

Good memories of both, especially Lee, but both need to go. 

Amen ... thanks and goodbye 

A fit Lee and Hooper are very good players at this level. So don't be surprised to see them both be offered new 1 year deals on half of the wage they are on now, with the rest being made up in appearance bonuses.

We are not getting players of there quality in the summer with no money to spend.

both huge earners id guess lee be on 25k a week bracket and hooper is on just under 30k according to someone connected to the club ,both have tried several comebacks got as far as u23 game or games and broke down , hooper played I think 2 u23 games October time ,and lee similar but lee lasted 10 mins ,we cant live in the past both when they were fit and on top of there game would get in almost any championship sides , id doubt someone like hooper would be interested in pay as you play when he has earned such high wages ,lee might be more likely to accept that sort of deal . more likely is lee will retire and hooper will go to usa as there football is less frantic than the championship . 

Both excellent players and both favourites of mine, players I would be happy to pay money to watch play football. But.....there is not a chance I would consider a new contract for either. 

Of course, got to say the right things, but both have been out of action for too long and we simply can't afford carrying dead wages in our FFP situation. You'd have to assume both earning £25k plus so the best part of £3m per year beteeen them and we'd be crazy to take on that financial commitment for two players who have hardly kicked a ball in the last 2 years, 

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

both huge earners id guess lee be on 25k a week bracket and hooper is on just under 30k according to someone connected to the club ,both have tried several comebacks got as far as u23 game or games and broke down , hooper played I think 2 u23 games October time ,and lee similar but lee lasted 10 mins ,we cant live in the past both when they were fit and on top of there game would get in almost any championship sides , id doubt someone like hooper would be interested in pay as you play when he has earned such high wages ,lee might be more likely to accept that sort of deal . more likely is lee will retire and hooper will go to usa as there football is less frantic than the championship . 

Think it's as simple as if they can prove there fitness to Bruce they will be offered some sort of deal. They can't they won't.

Probably our best 2 players, certainly our most intelligent. However, they would have to come back, play games consecutively and at a good level before we consider offering them contracts. Those contracts would only be for a year on a reduced basis or appearance based. Sadly, I don’t think it will happen. It’s a real shame. 

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Both excellent players and both favourites of mine, players I would be happy to pay money to watch play football. But.....there is not a chance I would consider a new contract for either. 

Of course, got to say the right things, but both have been out of action for too long and we simply can't afford carrying dead wages in our FFP situation. You'd have to assume both earning £25k plus so the best part of £3m per year beteeen them and we'd be crazy to take on that financial commitment for two players who have hardly kicked a ball in the last 2 years, 

Agree unless we offer a pay as you play contract, if they still exist.

I'd be tempted to keep Lee in the set up working with the juniors. Hooper will probs go to the MLS or

China.

43 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

A fit Lee and Hooper are very good players at this level. So don't be surprised to see them both be offered new 1 year deals on half of the wage they are on now, with the rest being made up in appearance bonuses.

We are not getting players of there quality in the summer with no money to spend.

We may get players who can actually make it on to the pitch instead though

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We may get players who can actually make it on to the pitch instead though

Exactly.

We might actually get a player of Kieran Lee's ability for next to nothing, considering we got Lee himself for nothing I'd say it's pretty likely. 

If we p#ss about giving crocked players new contracts just because they were good 2 years ago,  then we will only go backwards,  sadly though that's the only direction our club seems to look. 

4 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Exactly.

We might actually get a player of Kieran Lee's ability for next to nothing, considering we got Lee himself for nothing I'd say it's pretty likely. 

If we p#ss about giving crocked players new contracts just because they were good 2 years ago,  then we will only go backwards,  sadly though that's the only direction our club seems to look. 

"Waaaa Danny Batth"

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Contracts up in the summer....

Times running out to prove themselves able to continue performing.

Surely even we wouldn't offer renewals without knowing there's games in there.

I guess the onus is on them to work hard to get back. SB will know soon enough if they can contribute to the next campaign or not.

I trust him to manage the situation unlike Carlos.

31 minutes ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

why do people assume Lee is a big earner ? 25k a week ! he's on nowhere near 25k a week infact he earns less than half of that

well if that's true then when he signed his new deal along with 15 others he got took for fool as he without a doubt was 1 of best midfielders in the championship at that time and the championship is full of players earning 20-60k a week. we wouldn't have a wage bill of 30 million if we had a squad of 1st team players on 12k a week 

46 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

well if that's true then when he signed his new deal along with 15 others he got took for fool as he without a doubt was 1 of best midfielders in the championship at that time and the championship is full of players earning 20-60k a week. we wouldn't have a wage bill of 30 million if we had a squad of 1st team players on 12k a week 

It probably is true mate as the poster knows Keiran.