Hooper and Lee ...

Of course we give them time. But unfortunately all that time will do is confirm that Kieran Lee has had it. 

Hooper will probably be back playing again, but he'll never stay fit for long enough to justify his wages. 

Good memories of both, especially Lee, but both need to go. 

• Like 2

I can see someone taking a risk on Hooper, strikers are always at a premium and a team will say ‘IF’ we can keep him fit etc etc.

He may end up going to the states 

As for Lee, I’m not sure anyone would take the risk on a normal contract even if it was just a 1 year deal. There maybe a chance he sticks around at the club on some type of pay as you play deal, but I think that’s unlikely.

Were both fantastic players for us in their own way but think Bruce will release both in the summer.

38 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

No club in their right mind would give Lee another contract of any length.

At the very most, offer him a performance based pay as you play deal if he gets back to fitness in next 3 months.

We have been mugs for way too long.

100%...Lee as been my favourite player of the last 10 years. Quality footballer and the type we are craving at the moment but there can't be any sentiment involved with this decision. If he isn't going to regain full fitness then he has to go. £20k plus a week to play 0 games isn't sustainable for any club.

Pretty certain no professional at this level is going to accept a pay as you play deal.

Especially if you have been out injured for the last year.

Maybe some sort of contract that if less basic wage and more appearance fee based.

But a basic if you ain't playing. you ain't getting paid contact won't happen. If they even exist at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Pretty certain no professional at this level is going to accept a pay as you play deal.

Especially if you have been out injured for the last year.

Maybe some sort of contract that if less basic wage and more appearance fee based.

But a basic if you ain't playing. you ain't getting paid contact won't happen. If they even exist at all.

Not if they've shopped around and received better offers, but I could see Lee struggling to get those better offers and so as a last resort I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he ended up signing such a deal with us next September or October.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Not if they've shopped around and received better offers, but I could see Lee struggling to get those better offers and so as a last resort I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he ended up signing such a deal with us next September or October.

I think we may keep them both on but at say half of what they are on now. 

But Lee is a good enough player even with the injuries to get a permanent fulltime deal somewhere.

Unless you are talking non league then players aren't going to accept a deal which means they don't get paid when injured.

Can you think of any players on such a deal at the moment because I can't.

2 hours ago, torres said:

Where are people getting these ''pay as you play deals'' from all of a sudden???

Just read this.

What happens if the club wishes to retain the services of a player?

In some situations where a player has suffered many injury problems but still retains some level of fitness or he has reached a certain age but in both cases he can still have some effect on the football team the club will offer him a pas as you play deal.

What is meant by a pay as you play deal?

Under a pay as you play deal the player will be contracted to the club for a certain amount of time under a standard FA Premier League contract. The only difference to the make-up of that player’s contract than other players in the team is that player will be paid when he makes an appearance for the club.

Often the player will be on a very low base salary and has the option of increasing that by working hard and making appearances on the pitch.

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/pay-as-you-play/

• Thanks 1

I think it will take a good few months to even get match sharpness back. We’ve seen that with loan players here like Stuart Holden who had been excellent pre injury.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Hooper move on but I expect Lee might train over the summer and see what happens.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Contracts up in the summer....

Times running out to prove themselves able to continue performing.

Surely even we wouldn't offer renewals without knowing there's games in there.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1